Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 5 Big Men All-Time in the Mountains (14th, 15th, 16th)?
new o Wrote:If you really want to know why is not listed in the record book I will let you know. Stats were not kept at Virgie with the exception of points taken from the score book. You said you saw May play, I asked did you see him play in his prime? I have not exaggerated one stat on May. I saw him play EVERY game in high school and many of his college games. I also saw JR play about 50% of his high school games but very few in college. Go back and compare the starting line-ups for May and JR in high school. JR played with several D-1 players, May played with 2 NAIA players and the rest never played college. By the way, if you look really really close in the record book, somewhere around the section that reads MR. BASKETBALL I think you may see a familair name beside 1982, and before you say that is not a record I will inform you that it is listed under state records of the KHSAA. I also want to mention that there are many many names listed in those records but a majority of those listed never played college basketball. You guys act like Bird,Jordan,Magic or even Wilt could not play now because the game has changed. A true player could play any era because he would adjust to the game ala Pistol Pete.

Why wasn't the stats kept? JR was a Mr.Basketball and scored a ton of points with good players around him as well.That's just proves my point even further he was a team player.. And like you said May played with 2 NAIA players and the others didn't play ball at all at the next level.There's that pesky point about the competiton back in the day!. And i would say it is safe to say there weren't to many 6'8" players that he played either.

Big Hogg great points for sure even a old dude like me could average 30pts a game with that many shots.:Thumbs: Sounds like someone had the mentality of shoot first shoot second maybe i should pass this time ahh nevermind i will shoot it again.:Thumbs:

Once again when did he hit those 16 3pointers and scored the 60 pts.
Messages In This Thread
Top 5 Big Men All-Time in the Mountains (14th, 15th, 16th)? - by kybaseball - 08-24-2008, 01:04 AM