Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Middle School Sports - Should they be limited?
I know that this is a basketball board but here is another twist. I catch greif for football with 22 games scheduled in football. YES sounds like alot of games but if you have 30 kids and everyone plays in the games that pans out. I know that some people freak out about that many games but when you practice Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and play Saturday.... We hit in practice and you learn more in a game, so why not play a game instead of practice.. 30 kids get to play all the time......

Now in basketballand baseball it is the same. My son plays AAU basketball, Gus Macker basketball and school basketball. In a season we will play around 40-45 games of basketball,, baseball we played AAU, USSSA, Little League, Allstars and in one year we played around 60 games of baseball.. he is also running track and add that to the list.... Currently makes A' and B's and does well in school...
Yes that is alot of time spent in sports..... BURN OUT is a possibility but playing is his call, we dont push and if he wants to to do it then we play.....

I read alot of posts but only just in season with my son so I am just starting to catch up on posts......

I say let the kids play and let them play as much as they want... You can not make up lost time with your child and if this is something your child wants to do,, I say support them in every way possible......
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
Messages In This Thread
Middle School Sports - Should they be limited? - by DEVILOLOGIST - 10-06-2008, 12:00 PM