Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best middle school running backs playing in 2008?
Wow sorry to hit a nerve. I just assumed that as a coach you would be more in to fundamentals since there really isn't a feeder program for Russell. I think at this point most of your younger kids dont worry about stats they worry about plays and winning and loosing, when you bring stats into the picture they start thinking of themselves and not as a team. I do enjoy looking at stats, however I just think at this age it isn't the best of ideas. This is a learning stage and these boys are all coming together for the official first time instead of being on the younger teams against each other. Some may have been moved around or put in different positions or not played as much on offense or deffense. I just think stats should be left for the older boys and the pros. To each his own though. Very glad that they did so well. Hopefully these will be the future State boys! With good coaching and hard work I am sure they will do wonderful things!
Messages In This Thread
Best middle school running backs playing in 2008? - by Devilsmama - 10-30-2008, 02:19 PM