Poll: Abortion and Birth Control
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I am for the birth control pill, but pro-life
44.74%
I am against the birth control pill, but pro-choice
0%
I am for the birth control pill and pro-choice
50.00%
I am against the birth control pill and pro-life
2.63%
I have no idea
2.63%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Birth Control and Abortion - what are you for?
More Cowbell Wrote:Dead dead? If they're dead, they're dead. Nobody's home. An empty shell. The heart may be kept pumping by a machine, but that's only to keep the organs viable for harvesting. The person is still dead.

If it's not convenience, then what is the reason for the abortion? Missing a prom? Parents will be devastated? Don't like morning sickness? Whatever the reason, it doesn't justify taking another life just because the mother is frightened.

Oh, and the murderer you mentioned doesn't deserve to die, either. He/she should not be getting a needle in the arm, their life is still valuable and should be treated as such. So are you for the death penalty too?

I do not favor the death penalty. I believe in "life for a life" carried out in a "life without possiblity of parole" sentence. I believe that prisoners should work and that most of their pay should go to victims or victim's rights groups, some sort of restitution. In my experience, fear, anxiety, despair, shock...these follow the positive EPT in teens. I have never heard one say (at least in my earshot), "Gee, now I don't get to go to prom; well, call the clinic, I've ordered my dress already." Human life and the way we value it exists on a continuum. I've seen it, heard it, watched it over and over again. Maybe we disagree on this point. But, I know what I know.
Messages In This Thread
Birth Control and Abortion - what are you for? - by thecavemaster - 10-31-2008, 03:04 PM