Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clemson 21 - Kentucky 13 (Gaylord Hotel's Music City Bowl)
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Minus return yards spiller had 125 yards, oppose to the last drive once again he only had 28 yards and only avg 4.5 yards a carry well below his season avg, I would say thats bottled up condiering he is probley the most explosive and exciting player in all of college football this year. Kept him well under his season avg in every facit of the game tonight. You couldnt expect him to be totaly contained...So yes comparing his season avgs (in which he was severaly hurt and is said should have sat out some time) to having a month off and getting healed up in which he stated during season he was playing about 75 percent to he felt 100 tonight, I will take and say we bottled him up considering how terrible we contatined other backs this season. But hey that JMO

I think there were times that UK was able to stuff Spiller. Their defense got off blocks and seemed to be in his face not long after he was getting the ball.

The thing with Spiller is, he is an excellent receiver out of the backfield. A matchup with a LB is what Clemson loves to get with him. His big run (that he fumbled) is obviously apart of his passing stats, but I say that you can't just look at rushing stats and say he was "bottled up". Heck, that play was pretty big if you think about it because it set up the long TD pass to Ford.
Messages In This Thread
Clemson 21 - Kentucky 13 (Gaylord Hotel's Music City Bowl) - by FF40212 - 12-28-2009, 04:16 AM