Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry vs Sheldon Clark Region 4 AA championship (predict)
"former_cards_player02" Wrote:Matt Maynard is fast i will give him propts but sheldon Clark can stop him, Leslie County had the fastest running back ive ever seen who I beleive could out run Matt in a foot race. Howard was the fastest kid ive seen this whole year and if they could stop that Howard kid I believe they can stop Matt Maynard, its going to be a fun interesting game all year long Sheldon Clark has been working there butts off to get there shot again against Belfry. Sheldon Clark is better than what they were first time around and so is Belfry so I beleive its going to come down to heart and whoever wants it the most. Sheldon Clark is ready to play ball come Friday night and with all respect to Belfry they will get a taste of what a fired up Sheldon Clark team can do.
One major flaw in your thinking though.....

Howard is the ONLY running threat that SC had to be concerned with when dealing with Leslie..he is also a completely different style of back in a completely different style of system. When you play Belfry you have to not only contend with Maynard but two other backs... remember..Matt maynard is the 3rd LEADING RUSHER ON THE TEAM... he may be the big play man for Belfry but there are two other superstar backs. When delaing with Leslie and Howard you had a spread field where they solely rely on Howard's speed on draws and trunign the corner to produce their rushing yards...when you spread the field though it makes it much easier to spy a single back...with Belfry you have to consider the sheer compression that the wishbone causes and how much more difficult it is to not only read who gets the exchange, but also to which hole the back is going to.

Can SC should down Matt Maynard...of course! Would it be wise to focus all their attention on him? NO WAY! Will hager focus all his attention on him? NO WAY, he's too smart of a coach.

Remember this and remember it well....there has not been a single game this year where Maynard didn't have a big play for a TD in some way...even against henry Clay and Ironton the kid was a superstar. Personally,, I'd rather try to stop Belfry's two leading rushers then to focus on one guy and let the other two carve you up all night. You can't stop the fullback then it's goodnight sweetheart.
Messages In This Thread
Belfry vs Sheldon Clark Region 4 AA championship (predict) - by orisonspi - 11-16-2005, 03:25 PM