•  Previous
  • 11(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland 2016
anotherfootballnut Wrote:It's a good schedule, I feel it's weaker than last years even though it's the same teams . Ashland , valley , Lawrence co and a kashless. Paintsville team all won't be as good as last years teams .still a very tough scheduel . Ashland will always be a tough game just because it's early so it will be extremely hot with the amount of players they play compared to what Raceland plays is a advantage for Ashland valley is a good program and Paintsville will be a tough team

Raceland shouldn't lose no more than three games in the regular season... I feel they beat the tomcats by 2 touchdowns this year.. They should beat the carter county school by 2 TDs or more. Beat the two Ohio schools by a touchdown or a lil more and beat Lawrence by a touchdown or more. Greenup is a toss up in my opinion and Paintsville and Russell.
I feel we are giving Greenup to much credit. A new coach with a new system.....I'm just not buying in.At the time Raceland played Greenup last year the Rams wasn't playing very good ball.Hell they would have made any team look good.Not trying to take away from the team Greenup was last year or the team they could be this year but I'm just not buying it.
I think we saw the team we could be in the last three games last season. That team doesnt struggle with Greenup, plays within a TD or two of Ashland, and beats West Carter by 3 TDs. But that was last year, and this is now. I really do think we will be a better team than last years squad. How much we will accomplish is up to the boys in the orange helmets. Wish August would hurry uo and get here!!!!
I think that the Greenup team will be better than last year, but I think that we will improve more than they did.
I think the comparison and expectations for a toss-up game goes back to what they fielded in JFL. Very close games between these two teams when these Seniors were playing against each other in 6th grade.
I think the Rams are at least 2 TD'S better than the Musketeers. Several of the players from Greenup are now one sport athletes (Baseball ). If they were allowed to play Football and Basketball, Greenup would be very hard for many teams in this area to handle.
Thats something I never understood about Greenup. Similar to Lawrence Co. The atheletes they both have on the diamond and hardwood would drastictly improve their skill positions. But year after year I find myself in Dec and April watching basketball and baseball thinking, "man that short stop or foward would make a dandy slot reciever/TE".

I said the same thing this time last year when there was talk of Morris, Braden, and a few others coming back out for football. That ended up a wash. But neway back to the thread at hand...hell i think we have covered just about everything. Any news on special teams or water boys lol?
One reason I believe Greenup is going to be better is the addition of Griz. Watching him over the years coach the JV he really knew how to get the best out of what we had. I think in the last 3 or 4 years we might have lost a handful of games at the JV level. One things for sure the Rams aren't going to sleep on the Musketeers.
Greenup only has 1 kid from this sr class that moved to baseball only (keeton) and none that play basketball. 2 that play soccer (bowe and dillon). All three were dang good football players though.
Dillon was an in redible running back in JfL. He and Jarrel were quite the tandem. Wish we could have held on to Jarrel. Glad he is back on the football field. Good kid. I think alot of him and his family.

Hearing alot of chatter that they are actually trying to sort out and utilize the depth we should have upfront. Going to be interesting to see if that actually unfolds.
Vacations are over Dead period is over the whole team will be together today it's football time
Time to break out the Sweat & PUT UP or SHUT UP ! ! ! ! ! !
Does anyone know how to delete old private messages
O got chills in the dead of summer!!! Hey AFN, send me a PM w ur cell # or facebook (if u have one) info. I had issues deleting stuff last year.
Anyone get to make it over to the field today?
Heard things went well. Especially for the first day back. Hearing Nathaniel looks more comfortable and that while the recieving corps is a bit undersized, tallest being Cherry at around 6", but were looking goid as well. Looking foward to 7 on 7.
hearing a lot of good things , boys are no nonsense , working hard , not mouthing coaches or other teammates big big difference from last year . And yes Scotty Nathaniel looks a lot smother the receivers are a little small but quick , Cameron Webb looks really good , cherry is about 6"2 he's looking good and don't be surprised is Caleb young gets some playing time this year
Over 20 teams will be at the 7 on 7 Friday and sat .. Will be very competitive
Raceland has 65 kids out for football . That's a crazy number for 1A
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Raceland has 65 kids out for football . That's a crazy number for 1A

Man that's some very good numbers for any area team but it's an outstanding number for a class a team.
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Raceland has 65 kids out for football . That's a crazy number for 1A

Does any of the 65 kids have any sizes. Just curious. :popcorn:
I'm afraid these numbers will drop if we don't commit to playing as many as we can.I hope the coaches start changing their thinking and take advange of these numbers.But I know just because there is 65 on the sidelines there is no guarantee that the quality to put more than 15 to 20 different kids on the field is there.I remember seeing a Beachwood team with 110 one year and no more then 20 played
I know that Francis and Beek are doing all they can to utilize depth upfront. Wanting 2 or three lineman to play only on the DL. Question is, can the other guys step up enough to make that happen. Going to be a tough camp thats for sure.
64SUR Wrote:Does any of the 65 kids have any sizes. Just curious. :popcorn:

Wont be huge. But strong. Similar in size to the 2006, 2007, or 2009 line i would say. But probably stronger excluding 2006.
Small in size but Rams will pack a punch.
I think teams need at least two exceptional players to make a run. Who are those kids for Raceland. Very well coached and always have a bunch of good football players. Is there any go to guys?
Prediction: Bailey Walker finally stays healthy and shows what he is capable of. Nathaniel gets more comfortable and he and Cam Webb put up enough numbers in the passing game to keep teams honest and have some homerun potential.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Prediction: Bailey Walker finally stays healthy and shows what he is capable of. Nathaniel gets more comfortable and he and Cam Webb put up enough numbers in the passing game to keep teams honest and have some homerun potential.

Cam is likely my cousin. He has to be good.
Likely????????WTH does that mean??
^^^lmao
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Over 20 teams will be at the 7 on 7 Friday and sat .. Will be very competitive

Any sort of schedule for this event? If I can find the time, I might try to make it over there for a few games.
RAMDAD50 Wrote:Likely????????WTH does that mean??

I'm a Webb so he is related somewhere Smile
  •  Previous
  • 11(current)
  • Next