•  Previous
  • 12(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland 2016
We are all related somewhere.:biglmao:
RAMDAD50 Wrote:We are all related somewhere.:biglmao:

:truestory: I'm even related to Loretty in the Holler up in Johnson County lol...seriously though how are the Rams looking on offense? improved line play this season?
I expect to be better upfront. More balanced offensively, better leadership, stronger. Really better from top to bottom.
Watched some practice today , tons of excitement , lots of energy sure didn't look like a team in preseason mode
Who will get the starting QB job ?
Davidson will be the QB. I look for Caleb Damron (last name could be wrong...frosh) to be the one they start grooming to take over next year or to possibly push Damon a little bit. Damon will likely be the second QB. Knows the offense well and has varsity game time experience. Hard to throw a Frosh to the Wolves. But, Damron did a good job in jr high both years. But as long as Nathaniel is healthy, he's the starter without question.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:I expect to be better upfront. More balanced offensively, better leadership, stronger. Really better from top to bottom.

good to hear. Go Rams :Cheerlead
Raceland has 70 kids out . Good see to Morgan Carman back
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Davidson will be the QB. I look for Caleb Damron (last name could be wrong...frosh) to be the one they start grooming to take over next year or to possibly push Damon a little bit. Damon will likely be the second QB. Knows the offense well and has varsity game time experience. Hard to throw a Frosh to the Wolves. But, Damron did a good job in jr high both years. But as long as Nathaniel is healthy, he's the starter without question.
Damron is a sophomore , I look for him to take over after Nathaniel graduates
70 is a bunch of kids. Normal numbers for Raceland. They do a good job getting kids out. That is a big part of their success.
It really does suprise me that our turnout is so large every year. Even if you dont see but 30-40% of them get significant playing time. Having 10+ kids from each class for a 1A school is solid. Having 15-20 year in and year out is pretty special for a school thats never even made it past the state semis. Imo, it speaks volumes about the family atmosphere around the football program.
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Raceland has 70 kids out . Good see to Morgan Carman back

crazy and impressive numbers for a small school.
70 kids out.. They shouldn't have depth issues and should keep all kids refreshed...
bac2369 Wrote:70 kids out.. They shouldn't have depth issues and should keep all kids refreshed...

Again...the key is quality of depth.
Slic Ric Wrote:Again...the key is quality of depth.

Very well said.

I agree too, but they should be good enough to steal a couple of series here in there....more playing time would benefit each player as they are getting use to an certain position..

true, but you should have more quality if you have more quantity to choose from Smile
We should have 8-9 guys that can rotate on o line. This should allow the guys playing d-fence to get some breathers. Your going to see Wallace, hall, Fairchild and manis all playing a lot on both sides of the ball. We should have enough to give them all breathers to stay fresher come 4th quarter.
Got a great group of skilled guys with walker and Davidson getting most of the carries and we should be able to spead the ball around. Got a few kids with decent hands. But our line is what's going to win ball games. Fresh legs come the 4th quarter may help us get over the jump. If the it all works out like the coaches want. Your still going to have those 8-9 key players on the field a bunch but hopefully they will get some rest this year. Go Rams
bac2369 Wrote:I agree too, but they should be good enough to steal a couple of series here in there....more playing time would benefit each player as they are getting use to an certain position..

If there are players good enough to sustain that for a series or two here and there, I'm all for it.
pjdoug Wrote:true, but you should have more quality if you have more quantity to choose from Smile

You would think so, but choosing 70 out of 300 total students at a Class A School is a lot different than choosing 70 out of 800-1000 at the 3A or 4A Level, not to mention that Freshmen are included in those 70 at Raceland, where at the bigger schools they are not.

My example would be this: Ric Flair would much rather have Tully Blanchard & Arn Anderson as tag team partners in a six-man tag match against Dusty Rhodes & the Road Warriors than having the Mulkey Brothers. Confusednicker:
There isn't even 300 to choose from....maybe 120 to 140 boys 9th to 12th grade at Raceland
RAMDAD50 Wrote:There isn't even 300 to choose from....maybe 120 to 140 boys 9th to 12th grade at Raceland

I know that. I just meant the population of students male and female. Remember, we had a good female kicker a few years back (Delcourt).
Slic Ric Wrote:If there are players good enough to sustain that for a series or two here and there, I'm all for it.

There should be some juniors and sophomores that can do that....
Slic Ric Wrote:My example would be this: Ric Flair would much rather have Tully Blanchard & Arn Anderson as tag team partners in a six-man tag match against Dusty Rhodes & the Road Warriors than having the Mulkey Brothers. Confusednicker:

The Mulkey's have a speed advantage :biglmao:
70 kids out, great numbers for small school. Hopefully Raceland can get over the hump. They might be most hyped team to never make a state champ appearance. With all that talent Rams should dominate this year.
GoHerd_22 Wrote:70 kids out, great numbers for small school. Hopefully Raceland can get over the hump. They might be most hyped team to never make a state champ appearance. With all that talent Rams should dominate this year.

Last year was suppose to be the year...but they took a step back,, they should be able to take a step forward.....
pjdoug Wrote:The Mulkey's have a speed advantage :biglmao:

And they did actually win a Crockett Cup Match back in the 80's, but after that went back to being jobbers again. :ChairHit:
Alot of hard work being put in right now. This group may be the most physically changed team from one year to another that I have seen in awhile. They have added alot of strength, speed and size in the weightroom, but Im shocked at how so many of the boys have grown over the summer. Caleb Young, Cam Webb, and John Cherry have all grown several inches taller over the summer. Caleb could be one of the darkhorse/pheonix kids. Took a year off from football i believe. But looks more and more like his brother Josh (2014 QB) these days. Has always been extremely fast, but has bulked up, and gotten taller. He could be a very good DB for us. Same can be said for Cam.
  •  Previous
  • 12(current)
  • Next