•  Previous
  • 13(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland 2016
Caleb played last yesr he was on the Jv team . Your right him and John have grown a bunch. Morgan Carman has lost 30lbs down to 230 he was already fast now he adds more speed and quickness . There's A lot of competition upfront going on right now they all look like they want on the field this fall. If they can rotate in a extra 4-5 kids on both sides of the ball that would be huge
3 players are dominating this camp all lineman . Others are looking good as well but jermone , Isaac and Morgan are just bringing it look for all three to have huge year
Been hearing the same stuff. Glad to hear that these three seniors are stepping up. Also heard that guys are pushing their way up the depth chart and there have been some great battles in the trenches so far. Sounds to me like we will be using our depth upfront.
Who does Raceland scrimmage this year?
Friday night
Tomcat Pride Wrote:Who does Raceland scrimmage this year?

Bath County. Saturday, August 13th at Rams Stadium. Last game of evening.
Camp is over and meet the Rams is this evening at 7 over at Ram Stadium. The Rams roster currently sits at 69 if Im not mistaken. From what I can tell, camp went really well and alot of the guys upfront worked their tails off! Maybe AFN or Slic Ric could confirm, but I heard Hunter Lacks is out for awhile with a broken ankle. If this is true, wish him a speedy recovery. Alot of promise in him and several others in the soph class.

Expectations are high again in Ramland, these boy have seemingly put in the offseason work needed to take advantage of the opportunity before them. Time for them to show it on the field. Its finally August and we start hitting someone else one week from tonight!
Camp went great , very excited to see these guys on the field in a couple of weeks . Nobody quit during team camp that's the first time I can remember that happening . I'm hearing the roster is at 71 but if it's 69-71 that's a huge number say a lot about Racelands program. As far as hunter and other injuries I've heard hunter has a fracture and will be out a couple of months , as for the varsity kids looks like they are all good , wouldn't be surprised to not see a couple of them not play tonight at meet the Rams but if it was a true game they would be on the field.
My thoughts on the Intersquad scrimmage:

.....cant tell nothing from these things really. Bailey looks faster and stronger but HAS to avoid boneheaded errors ie: being yelled at bc he wasnt lined up with the field goal unit. Unacceptable for a senior starter. Isaac Wallace looks to be the same speed, but bigger, stronger, and much more explosive now that his knee is 100%. Willett and Mauk impressed me with their improvement. John Cherry is ALOT bigger and stronger than last year. Nathaniel's footwork is far improved and he was going through read progressions so that is a vast inprovement from last year. Timing is still a little off between him and the recievers but like i said its hard to tell how determined the kids are in these things. Josh Clark looked solid as a punter and the PK connected twice from 32 yards. Didnt see any kickoffs. My biggest take away is the conditioning and strength of Morgan Carmen. He is slimmer and faster and looks poised to be a major force on our DL. Very proud of that young man and his dedication to turning things around on and off the field.

Octavious Hall, Jerome's younger brother, who is a Jr, looked GREAT in the slot on the short passes. He may very well be the difference maker in the passing game in regaurds to being a le to make something out of nothing or take a 5 yard reception to the house at any given moment. Sure handed and a good route runner, once he and Nathaniel get their timing down, look out. Judd Adkins looked good in the FS spot.

All in all it was OK. Kids im sure are tired from camp and tired of knocking eachother around. I look for the grid to show us all little more, but not much, outside of Bath County could auite possibly take some serious hits that night. But, I saw improvement in all of the returning starters, a few guys impressed me with their hardwork paying off. Ie: Willett, Mauk, and Carmen. Octavious Hall was my "it" kid. He is a missing piece that we have desperately needed the last two seasons. hey, its football and I got to watch it, so its hard to complain too much lol. Whats everyone else's thoughts?
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:My thoughts on the Intersquad scrimmage:

Josh Clark looked solid as a punter

Josh wasn't the punter. Will Hale did the punting.
Thanks for the info. Btw, Slic, idk who is over the track program but they did a great job with the WRs and a couple RBs in the offseason. Be sure and let them know.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Thanks for the info. Btw, Slic, idk who is over the track program but they did a great job with the WRs and a couple RBs in the offseason. Be sure and let them know.

I'll pass the word to that guy when I see him. I think that guy is obsessed with winning. :biggrin:
Slic Ric Wrote:Josh wasn't the punter. Will Hale did the punting.

Will did all of the punting but one. Josh did punt that one time. A good stat guy would have that listed in his stat sheet, lol.

If you don't believe me, ask Josh if he punted once.

You nay have taken someone to Space Mountain while Josh punted, lol.

Wooooooh !! ! ! !
Slic Ric Wrote:I'll pass the word to that guy when I see him. I think that guy is obsessed with winning. :biggrin:

I heard he throws down a mean peoples elbow if he loses!
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:I heard he throws down a mean peoples elbow if he loses!

Slic Ric might whip out the Figure 4.
I thought they looked sluggish , but like Scotty said they just finished 10 practices in 3.5 days. The reason Bailey wasn't on the field on the PAT is bc he's not on that team but someone got hurt so they yelled for him. I left feeling concerned over the fact we had backs who didn't know the plays and receivers running the wrong routes but after some thought , they were spilt into 2 teams and a lot of the ones who struggled with that are Jv players and that's what Jv is for to learn . I think case love has worked his way into some playing time , Judd Adkins has done the same . Damon looks like he could help the team this year he's just gotta stay healthy . The group has a great core and has the potential to be very good
rams will struggle with spread offense again this year. we will all get a look at their defense against this offense at the scrimmage against bath co. bath will spread you out and stretch the field. we all know what happened last time raceland played against a good passing game. they lost at home to Fairview. if the speed and recovery time in the defensive backfield has not improved I look for the rams to struggle. but if teams choose to run it up the gut on this team.... rams win
Octavius Hall, mark that name down. He could very well be a game changer. Hasn't played in a couple years, but from what I seen of him last night he could be as real difference maker at WR.
^^^i agree 100%. He too has to stay healthy. He has had issues with his knee and ankle in basketball. i look for the secondary to be improved this year. A year more experienced in all but one position, but imo, the youngest DB on the field was the most consistent last night and that was Judd. They should be a bit faster and stronger as well. Raceland beat themselves in all but 2 one losses last year. We will be able to do enough stopping the run game with 6 or 7 in the box and teams will be forced to spread the field.

Imo, its not coverage in the secondary that hurt us last year. It was tackling, which i feel will be better this year with all the hard work that was put in by the skill guys in the weight room in the offseason. Against Fairview and Paintsville, too many 5 yard receptions turned into 10-15 yard gains and in some cases 50+ yard scores. That falls on tackling, not getting beat down field. Especially against Fairview and Valley, You had an inexperienced secondary that I think were so concerned about being burnt (players and coaches both), that they played to soft of coverage and worried about being beat downfield that they played "not to lose" defense. Having Hall and if Damon stays healthy, could allow us to have a nickel and dime package if our front 6 or 7 can do what we all feel they can do.

If we can stay healthy, I like our shot each and every week no matter who we play.
scrappy coco Wrote:rams will struggle with spread offense again this year. we will all get a look at their defense against this offense at the scrimmage against bath co. bath will spread you out and stretch the field. we all know what happened last time raceland played against a good passing game. they lost at home to Fairview. if the speed and recovery time in the defensive backfield has not improved I look for the rams to struggle. but if teams choose to run it up the gut on this team.... rams win

Bath lost a lot. I don't expect them to give Raceland too big of a problem..
scrappy coco Wrote:rams will struggle with spread offense again this year. we will all get a look at their defense against this offense at the scrimmage against bath co. bath will spread you out and stretch the field. we all know what happened last time raceland played against a good passing game. they lost at home to Fairview. if the speed and recovery time in the defensive backfield has not improved I look for the rams to struggle. but if teams choose to run it up the gut on this team.... rams win

You might want to worry more about Fairview's team or the lack there of and stop living in the past. Only two games they even have a shot at winning is bath co and east carter . Scrappy you might wanna go ahead and become a Ashland or Boyd co fan because after this year Fairview's not even gonna have enough kids to field a team and honestly this year they have 20 some kids that's not enough to be competitive
BOOGIE WOOGIE MAN Wrote:Will did all of the punting but one. Josh did punt that one time. A good stat guy would have that listed in his stat sheet, lol.

If you don't believe me, ask Josh if he punted once.

You nay have taken someone to Space Mountain while Josh punted, lol.

Wooooooh !! ! ! !
Punting stats aren't recorded on game nights, just the punt itself. Punting average is usually pulled from the Paper the next day. Too much other stuff going on during the game lol.:biggrin:
Slic Ric Wrote:Punting stats aren't recorded on game nights, just the punt itself. Punting average is usually pulled from the Paper the next day. Too much other stuff going on during the game lol.:biggrin:

Just trying to get a rise of Space Mountain, lol.
BOOGIE WOOGIE MAN Wrote:Slic Ric might whip out the Figure 4.

Would use the classic beg off routine and then the classic thumb in the eye, followed by a Flair Chop, then....The Figure Four.
Tomorrow is the first time Raceland gets to hit someone other than each other , a lot of kids upfront are getting the start or playing time due to how hard they worked in the off season and during the early part of this season . I hope they take advantage of it ...I look for Raceland to beat bath co like they stole something nothing personal they just happen to be the first team they've seen with a different color jersey on
^^^agree 100%. They have alot to prove after last year. Imo, even though its the grid and we wont likely show much of our hand offensively, anything less than a 5 TD win is a rough start and will concern me a bit.
I don't think we will even score 5 tds
^^^there goes the neighborhood lol
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Tomorrow is the first time Raceland gets to hit someone other than each other , a lot of kids upfront are getting the start or playing time due to how hard they worked in the off season and during the early part of this season . I hope they take advantage of it ...I look for Raceland to beat bath co like they stole something nothing personal they just happen to be the first team they've seen with a different color jersey on

At least capitalize Bath County when degrading them as theives.
anotherfootballnut Wrote:You might want to worry more about Fairview's team or the lack there of and stop living in the past. Only two games they even have a shot at winning is bath co and east carter . Scrappy you might wanna go ahead and become a Ashland or Boyd co fan because after this year Fairview's not even gonna have enough kids to field a team and honestly this year they have 20 some kids that's not enough to be competitive

I can't speak for East Carter but thanks for the vote of confidence.

Signed,

Bath County

P.S. I appreciate that alot of Raceland fans are involved in running the websites as I enjoy them. Raceland has a great program rich with tradition.....but y'all are a hard bunch to like sometimes when you start trashing everyone not named Raceland.
  •  Previous
  • 13(current)
  • Next