Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Bell County
72.73%
Harlan County
27.27%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 13(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell Co. @ Harlan Co. 10/29
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Because Bell Co is much more improved as well. Our offense is alot better with a passing game this year to go along with our deadly running attack.

Ok, well then should be interesting to see how this one turns out! I can't wait!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
zaga_fan Wrote:Alright guys....
it's prediction time!

Ring the bell for Dudley!!!!
Bell County 70 - Harlan County 7(scored by JV)

[Image: http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/xhssz...5xkbdf.jpg]

Do you mean scored by JV or on Bell's JV?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
leecoukfan Wrote:Do you mean scored by JV or on Bell's JV?

It doesn't matter
The Cubs will get a TD no matter who is on the field.
[Image: http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/i6t9c...0evmf7.gif]
zaga_fan Wrote:It doesn't matter
The Cubs will get a TD no matter who is on the field.
[Image: http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/i6t9c...0evmf7.gif]

I know that, IMO opinion I think that Harlan County is going to score multiple TDs and lose the game by only a couple TDs. I was just wondering what you're prediction was as to how they're going to get that 1 TD you're giving them. Even though, I do think it does matters who is on the field because if they can score on the Bell Varsity then they're going to have no problem scoring on the Bell JV!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
zaga_fan Wrote:I didn't turn on Perry.
I'll drive all the way down to somerset next Friday to support them even though we're probably going to lose.
The thing is....I admit we're probably going to lose.
There is a difference in being a fairweather fan and being a fan who isn't blinded by how awesome they think their team is.

How can you say that when just a few weeks ago PPC was going 10-0 and Smacking hard about it
BB CLAW Wrote:How can you say that when just a few weeks ago PPC was going 10-0 and Smacking hard about it

Just a second BB Claw
I'll brb
Definition: A fan, short for fanatic and sometimes also called aficionado or supporter, is a person with an intense, occasionally overwhelming liking and enthusiasm for a sporting club or person (usually a celebrity).

A true fan should never expect their team to lose!
Can't believe you brought up basketball a as a defense in a football thread!
leecoukfan Wrote:I know that, IMO opinion I think that Harlan County is going to score multiple TDs and lose the game by only a couple TDs. I was just wondering what you're prediction was as to how they're going to get that 1 TD you're giving them. Even though, I do think it does matters who is on the field because if they can score on the Bell Varsity then they're going to have no problem scoring on the Bell JV!

Have you been keeping up with my posts on the Harlan threads this year?
lol
I think you're looking at this like I'm being serious lol
zaga_fan Wrote:Have you been keeping up with my posts on the Harlan threads this year?
lol
I think you're looking at this like I'm being serious lol

So what would be your serious prediction?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Patriot Wrote:Definition: A fan, short for fanatic and sometimes also called aficionado or supporter, is a person with an intense, occasionally overwhelming liking and enthusiasm for a sporting club or person (usually a celebrity).

A true fan should never expect their team to lose!Can't believe you brought up basketball a as a defense in a football thread!

A true fan always pulls for their team.
but never expecting them to lose is another story Smile

I can't believe someone brought up Perry in a Harlan-Bell thread
when people go off-topic I do as well Wink
leecoukfan Wrote:so what would be your serious prediction?

70-0
BB CLAW Wrote:How can you say that when just a few weeks ago PPC was going 10-0 and Smacking hard about it

Here is my post from the Perry will go 10-0 thread.
Tell me what you think about it.

[Image: http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/09qgw...8y6yhl.jpg]
zaga_fan Wrote:70-0

If no one can tell from his pics being serious is what he's about!
This will be the first test for Bell since KnoX and Sody Daisy. Bell will be ready for this game. Even though Harlan has won the past three weeks they have had to be prepaired for each of them. I think it will be hard for HC to have that kind of intensity four weeks in a roll. I hope it is a lot closer but I believe that Bell wins 40-6. Sorry HC fans but that is the way I see it.
I hope you are wrong Preacher Man. I think you are. I think my Bears can play with Bell. GO BLACK BEARS!!!!
leecoukfan Wrote:so what would be your serious prediction?

71-0.
Almost time for all of us to shut up and leave it in the hands of the teams!

Go Bears!!!
Aslan Wrote:Sorry to burst your bubble good sir, but it is not.

It is not what?

A rivalry?

It has only been played 1 time, it is probably considered more a of a rivalry because of the head coaches who have squared off each other A LOT over the years and battled some great games amongst themsleves.
3wishes Wrote:It is not what?

A rivalry?

It has only been played 1 time, it is probably considered more a of a rivalry because of the head coaches who have squared off each other A LOT over the years and battled some great games amongst themsleves.

The games in rivalry's actually have to be meaningful and competitive. Harlan's games with them won't be either.
king360 Wrote:The only "Good" team Harlan Co. has beat this year is Clay Co. and they think they are gonna win the State Title..Pulaski Slaughterd you guys, and now you think you can hang with Bell?

Before PCC played anybody good, everyone at PCC thought this was the year.

Until they played a good team in Harlan County and then the wheels on the bus came off.

Now, why can't you understand how Harlan County is feeling. If they haven't played anyone (so you say) then it would be the same as PCC feeling unstoppable until HC played someone (Bell County).

There aren't many teams in the state that will be able to hang with Bell County, regardless of class size, so losing to them is not a disgrace or an opportunity to hang their heads in a defeat. After all Bell County has won something like 40 games in 3 years. Almost as many wins as PCC has in the schools existence.

No knock on Bell County because they won the State Title in 2008 fair and square but to prove a point to Aslan or Zaga go back and look at their schedule in 2008. Full of watered down teams, they had two good opponents on the schedule for non-district; Sheldon Clark and Whitley County. Excluding those the rest of the teams were 30-60 record, with teams losing a combined 52 games and winning only 13.

This just goes to show you don't have to play a killer schedule to win the STATE. Because replacing 2-8 Volunteer, TN on the schedule that year with a 10-0 Trinity woudn't have helped Bell County beat Boyle County anymore than they already did.

I'm sure just as most teams find out during the season, but I'd doubt Bell County knew Tates Creek would be 2-9 and the rest of the schedule would not be as competitive.

Because Bell County did what Harlan County has been doing to these sub-par teams all year in 2008 and that is win and win big against what is thrown at them. That is all you can do! Just Win Baby!:1:
Aslan Wrote:The games in rivalry's actually have to be meaningful and competitive. Harlan's games with them won't be either.

They have only played 1 game. SHEW.:please:
Even if they lose tomorrow, guess what. It will only be 2 games.:worthy:

Guess what, Harlan County and Bell County have went at it like crazed dogs in the JV and Freshmen level all year multiple times at all levels and the future looks bright for a great rivalry.

There I said it, a rivalry.:ChairHit:
3wishes Wrote:Before PCC played anybody good, everyone at PCC thought this was the year.

Until they played a good team in Harlan County and then the wheels on the bus came off.

Now, why can't you understand how Harlan County is feeling. If they haven't played anyone (so you say) then it would be the same as PCC feeling unstoppable until HC played someone (Bell County).

There aren't many teams in the state that will be able to hang with Bell County, regardless of class size, so losing to them is not a disgrace or an opportunity to hang their heads in a defeat. After all Bell County has won something like 40 games in 3 years. Almost as many wins as PCC has in the schools existence.

No knock on Bell County because they won the State Title in 2008 fair and square but to prove a point to Aslan or Zaga go back and look at their schedule in 2008. Full of watered down teams, they had two good opponents on the schedule for non-district; Sheldon Clark and Whitley County. Excluding those the rest of the teams were 30-60 record, with teams losing a combined 52 games and winning only 13.

This just goes to show you don't have to play a killer schedule to win the STATE. Because replacing 2-8 Volunteer, TN on the schedule that year with a 10-0 Trinity woudn't have helped Bell County beat Boyle County anymore than they already did.

I'm sure just as most teams find out during the season, but I'd doubt Bell County knew Tates Creek would be 2-9 and the rest of the schedule would not be as competitive.

Because Bell County did what Harlan County has been doing to these sub-par teams all year in 2008 and that is win and win big against what is thrown at them. That is all you can do! Just Win Baby!:1:

Great post!!! Alot said the same thing about Boyle Co last year and they won it all!!

Actually Bell Co is 48-3 since 2007 :biggrin:

Losses to Lex Cath in 2007, Alcoa and Boyle Co in 2009. All 3 teams won State those years.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Great post!!! Alot said the same thing about Boyle Co last year and they won it all!!

Actually Bell Co is 48-3 since 2007 :biggrin:

Losses to Lex Cath in 2007, Alcoa and Boyle Co in 2009. All 3 teams won State those years.

That pretty much says it all. That is the best point that has been made in this 400 post thread. With that said I give you, your team, & your fans nothing but respect. If we are able to pull it off it will be HUGE for us. If we lose no disgrace, we sure will not get beat by a bunch of rookies. Hopefully we will represent HC well. As for all these other ppl from other schools talking junk, I suggest you help us fill our schedule or give it a rest.
3wishes Wrote:They have only played 1 game. SHEW.:please:
Even if they lose tomorrow, guess what. It will only be 2 games.:worthy:

Guess what, Harlan County and Bell County have went at it like crazed dogs in the JV and Freshmen level all year multiple times at all levels and the future looks bright for a great rivalry.

There I said it, a rivalry.:ChairHit:

And you are completely wrong.
If Harlan can even make it a close game, then that's a step towards a future rivalry.
Aslan Wrote:And you are completely wrong.
If Harlan can even make it a close game, then that's a step towards a future rivalry.

^
Not being from here you have no idea what you are talking about. In just two years this has become one of the 5 biggest games in East Kentucky. If you don't think this is a rivalry look at the number of post and look at the rest of the threads on the board. 2nd is not even close.......
Aslan Wrote:And you are completely wrong.

Good Lord, you nut - Talking to you is like talking to a rock! No, I take that back, I could get more out of a rock. You don't have a dog....or bobcat....or bear in this race! Harlan countians feel it is a rivalry. I think Bell feels it is a rivalry, so what you think doesn't matter, SO why don't you just shut your pie hole.:blabbermo
I want ALL Harlan Co fans know I RESPECT your program and you are headed in the right direction with a AWESOME coach in Tom Larkey!!!
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:I want ALL Harlan Co fans know I RESPECT your program and you are headed in the right direction with a AWESOME coach in Tom Larkey!!!

Very classy post. I feel the exact for Bell County and Hilton. This is two of the best coaches in the state going at it. They have went at it before and many more to come. Anyone who knows about HS Football knows this is already a rivalry and will be a rivalry for years to come. The Bears are on the rise. I totally think our Bears can play with Bell and if all goes right CAN beat Bell. It would be HUGE. Why? Bell is at the top. IMO I think Bell can win the state championship. Bell and Harlan County are tough smashmouth football teams. This will be a battle. You have to beat the best to be the best. We believe the Bears can do it. The Bears will have to play flawless and keep focus throughout the game, no turning the ball over. Bell is explosive and can put it on the board quickly if the Bears dont stay with assignments. The Black Bears can do it! GO BLACK BEARS!!!
OMG Don't look now but the impossible has happened. Highlands fell tonight :yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:
Amazing at how some Harlan Co fans have NO CLASS!
  •  Previous
  • 13(current)
  • Next