Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Johnson Central
28.57%
Corbin
71.43%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 16(current)
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Johnson Central @ Corbin 11/18 Dreaded 3rd Round
(11-18-2022, 11:43 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-18-2022, 11:36 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(11-18-2022, 11:27 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-18-2022, 11:16 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(11-18-2022, 11:11 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: Why will we never see that?
First, Johnson Central does not provide second-class facilities to visitors. Secondly, if they did, glorifying inhospitality reflects poorly on the school and the community in which it is located. Any outsider reading the posts in this thread are not likely to look forward to a game at Corbin. Most people would not want to promote that image of their own community, but it is your town and your school.
Thirdly, You will sit in your fancy chair and melt down tonight when the hounds smoke your team's hind end.
I am surprised to see you up so early after posting insults into the wee hours of the morning, Dougie. How's that hangover?  Big Grin
I'm always up early. Be sure and go to the spa and stay in where it's warm tonight, and try your best not to whine and cry like a little girl when your team loses.
How ironic for an adopted Corbin fan to warn anybody against whining and crying after a loss. I believe that your adopted team's fans set the forum record in that area beginning about one year ago and I am not sure all of them are over it yet. (That comment is not directed at all Corbin fans, and I don't begrudge any fan a brief period of Monday morning quarterbacking and mourning after a loss.)
(11-18-2022, 11:46 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-18-2022, 11:38 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(11-18-2022, 11:16 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(11-18-2022, 11:11 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: Why will we never see that?
First, Johnson Central does not provide second-class facilities to visitors. Secondly, if they did, glorifying inhospitality reflects poorly on the school and the community in which it is located. Any outsider reading the posts in this thread are not likely to look forward to a game at Corbin. Most people would not want to promote that image of their own community, but it is your town and your school.
Thirdly, You will sit in your fancy chair and melt down tonight when the hounds smoke your team's hind end.
You are obsessed with other peoples' hind ends. Maybe you should practice some psychiatry on yourself.

I'm practicing getting inside your little weak mind. You're acting all tough, but you're afraid to go outside and watch a football game. You're afraid of what's going to happen tonight.
You're not smart enough to find your way around my mind, Dougie. No, I am not making more than a 10 hour drive to watch a football game today. Sue me.
Johnson Central 35  Corbin 27

Corbin's kicking game is the biggest advantage that Corbin has, but Johnson Central has 5 running backs capable of rushing for 200+ yards in any given game, assuming that Carter Conley is ready if needed and all of those running backs block well, as does the JC quarterback. The forecast calls for a 30 degree temperature at kick-off. That may affect Corbin's passing game, but it will have no impact on JC's rushing attack.
(11-18-2022, 11:53 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(11-18-2022, 11:16 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: First, Johnson Central does not provide second-class facilities to visitors. Secondly, if they did, glorifying inhospitality reflects poorly on the school and the community in which it is located. Any outsider reading the posts in this thread are not likely to look forward to a game at Corbin. Most people would not want to promote that image of their own community, but it is your town and your school.
You are obsessed with other peoples' hind ends. Maybe you should practice some psychiatry on yourself.

I'm practicing getting inside your little weak mind. You're acting all tough, but you're afraid to go outside and watch a football game. You're afraid of what's going to happen tonight.
You're not smart enough to find your way around my mind, Dougie. No, I am not making more than a 10 hour drive to watch a football game today. Sue me.
In a battle of wits you're unarmed. You're weak and I'm toying with you. You'll be in a worse mental state as the day progresses.
This has probably already been asked and I tried to skim through and find it but I must have missed it. What streams are available tonight? Anything besides 107.3? My PayPal account is messed up and it makes me either pay by PayPal or create an account. I used to be able to watch on there but it's changed.
(11-18-2022, 11:50 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(11-18-2022, 11:43 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-18-2022, 11:36 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(11-18-2022, 11:16 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: First, Johnson Central does not provide second-class facilities to visitors. Secondly, if they did, glorifying inhospitality reflects poorly on the school and the community in which it is located. Any outsider reading the posts in this thread are not likely to look forward to a game at Corbin. Most people would not want to promote that image of their own community, but it is your town and your school.
I am surprised to see you up so early after posting insults into the wee hours of the morning, Dougie. How's that hangover?  Big Grin
I'm always up early. Be sure and go to the spa and stay in where it's warm tonight, and try your best not to whine and cry like a little girl when your team loses.
How ironic for an adopted Corbin fan to warn anybody against whining and crying after a loss. I believe that your adopted team's fans set the forum record in that area beginning about one year ago and I am not sure all of them are over it yet. (That comment is not directed at all Corbin fans, and I don't begrudge any fan a brief period of Monday morning quarterbacking and mourning after a loss.)

I'm a Whitley County fan. I love to have fun and laugh. I love to play with your small mind, because you play victim while pretending to be superior.
Corbin will come out with great energy and strike early and often. Remember I said so.
(11-18-2022, 12:04 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: Johnson Central 35  Corbin 27

Corbin's kicking game is the biggest advantage that Corbin has, but Johnson Central has 5 running backs capable of rushing for 200+ yards in any given game, assuming that Carter Conley is ready if needed and all of those running backs block well, as does the JC quarterback. The forecast calls for a 30 degree temperature at kick-off. That may affect Corbin's passing game, but it will have no impact on JC's rushing attack.

You are delusional !!!

If Corbin loses to a team that lost to North Laurel and almost lost to poor Letcher, the entire coaching staff should be relieved of their duties on the spot and forced to live in Siberia and coach a bunch of Siberian Huskies for the Iditarod.
(11-18-2022, 12:09 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-18-2022, 11:27 AM)pjdoug Wrote: Thirdly, You will sit in your fancy chair and melt down tonight when the hounds smoke your team's hind end.

In a battle of wits you're unarmed. You're weak and I'm toying with you. You'll be in a worse mental state as the day progresses.
No, I don't plan on exchanging insults all day long with a mental midget. I plan to enjoy my vacation, not waste it. It is amusing that you consider yourself to be witty. Your posts are the most trite, repetitive inanities that I read on this site.
(11-18-2022, 11:50 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:

Four words:   Steelcase- Leap - Office - Chair

I doubt she even has an office chair. Probably sitting in a straight chair blowing an onion sack up.
(11-18-2022, 12:12 PM)HOFER Wrote: This has probably already been asked and I tried to skim through and find it but I must have missed it. What streams are available tonight? Anything besides 107.3? My PayPal account is messed up and it makes me either pay by PayPal or create an account. I used to be able to watch on there but it's changed.

Get your @ss to Campbell Field and out of your Steelcase Leap office chair.   Smile
(11-18-2022, 12:17 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(11-18-2022, 11:38 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: You are obsessed with other peoples' hind ends. Maybe you should practice some psychiatry on yourself.

No, I don't plan on exchanging insults all day long with a mental midget. I plan to enjoy my vacation, not waste it. It is amusing that you consider yourself to be witty. Your posts are the most trite, repetitive inanities that I read on this site.

I'm already thoroughly enjoying my day. I can't wait for tonight you little victim you.
(11-18-2022, 12:17 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

You are delusional !!!

If Corbin loses to a team that lost to North Laurel and almost lost to poor Letcher, the entire coaching staff should be relieved of their duties on the spot and forced to live in Siberia and coach a bunch of Siberian Huskies for the Iditarod.
I am sure that you felt that way last season as well. Since the beginning of the 2020 season, Corbin has won 32 games and lost 3, with two of those losses to Johnson Central by a minimum margin of 14 points. Sure, Corbin is the favorite tonight, but it is delusional to believe that Johnson Central is a huge underdog.
(11-18-2022, 12:20 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(11-18-2022, 12:12 PM)HOFER Wrote: This has probably already been asked and I tried to skim through and find it but I must have missed it. What streams are available tonight? Anything besides 107.3? My PayPal account is messed up and it makes me either pay by PayPal or create an account. I used to be able to watch on there but it's changed.

Get your @ss to Campbell Field and out of your Steelcase Leap office chair.   Smile

LOL!
(11-18-2022, 12:24 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

You are delusional !!!

I am sure that you felt that way last season as well. Since the beginning of the 2020 season, Corbin has won 32 games and lost 3, with two of those losses to Johnson Central by a minimum margin of 14 points. Sure, Corbin is the favorite tonight, but it is delusional to believe that Johnson Central is a huge underdog.

I don't know you consider YUUUUGE but I'd say about a 2-3 TD favorite would peg it about right.

Oh ill be there....trying to figure out something for my dad. He's been sick and doesn't think he can handle the weather. I'll be there on the concrete with a numb ass you better believe it.
(11-18-2022, 12:23 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-18-2022, 11:46 AM)pjdoug Wrote: I'm practicing getting inside your little weak mind. You're acting all tough, but you're afraid to go outside and watch a football game. You're afraid of what's going to happen tonight.

I'm already thoroughly enjoying my day. I can't wait for tonight you little victim you.
Victims are the whiners. They are on your bandwagon, not mine. This may be Corbin's last chance to beat JC for a long time. At worst, Johnson Central will emerge with a 2-1 record in head-to-head contests. The only downside to another Johnson Central victory would be listening to Corbin supporters whining about their own coaching staff again. If Corbin loses, what are you going to do? Attach yourself to some other team who needs an online mascot?  Big Grin
(11-18-2022, 12:28 PM)HOFER Wrote:

Oh ill be there....trying to figure out something for my dad. He's been sick and doesn't think he can handle the weather. I'll be there on the concrete with a numb ass you better believe it.

LOL     Wishing the best for your dad. Hope he gets to enjoy the game.  My dad could never take this cold either.  I think about the coldest I ever was in my life was at my first Corbin game---11/10/1973 ... First round playoffs at home against Boyd County. I literally coudn't feel my fingers and toes from the second half on. I remember my granny tring to get me warm after we got home.
(11-18-2022, 12:27 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

Corbin's kicking game is the biggest advantage that Corbin has, but Johnson Central has 5 running backs capable of rushing for 200+ yards in any given game, assuming that Carter Conley is ready if needed and all of those running backs block well, as does the JC quarterback. The forecast calls for a 30 degree temperature at kick-off. That may affect Corbin's passing game, but it will have no impact on JC's rushing attack by an inferior team.

You are delusional !!!

I don't know you consider YUUUUGE but I'd say about a 2-3 TD favorite would peg it about right.
Well, we should know which team should have been favored in about 11 hours. I think both teams are more than capable of winning on a given night. Hopefully, this night's game will go to Johnson Central again but losing to a good team is always preferable to playing poorly and getting upset.
(11-18-2022, 12:40 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(11-18-2022, 12:27 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

Corbin's kicking game is the biggest advantage that Corbin has, but Johnson Central has 5 running backs capable of rushing for 200+ yards in any given game, assuming that Carter Conley is ready if needed and all of those running backs block well, as does the JC quarterback. The forecast calls for a 30 degree temperature at kick-off. That may affect Corbin's passing game, but it will have no impact on JC's rushing attack by an inferior team.

You are delusional !!!

Well, we should know which team should have been favored in about 11 hours. I think both teams are more than capable of winning on a given night. Hopefully, this night's game will go to Johnson Central again but losing to a good team is always preferable to playing poorly and getting upset.

Yeah, that's never a fun feeling at all.  If either team comes out unfocused and not ready to play in this one, they'll be hurting. I don't think that will be the case. Both teams will be ready to play.
(11-18-2022, 12:34 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(11-18-2022, 12:28 PM)HOFER Wrote:

LOL     Wishing the best for your dad. Hope he gets to enjoy the game.  My dad could never take this cold either.  I think about the coldest I ever was in my life was at my first Corbin game---11/10/1973 ... First round playoffs at home against Boyd County. I literally coudn't feel my fingers and toes from the second half on. I remember my granny tring to get me warm after we got home.
The state championship game in '02 is one of the coldest I can remember. I remember sitting in the stands at papa John field with my feet in just complete ice. It was like they came along and broke up all the ice sheets that were on the ground but just left all of the broken up ice for you to dip your feet into.
(11-18-2022, 12:32 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(11-18-2022, 11:53 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: You're not smart enough to find your way around my mind, Dougie. No, I am not making more than a 10 hour drive to watch a football game today. Sue me.

Victims are the whiners. They are on your bandwagon, not mine. This may be Corbin's last chance to beat JC for a long time. At worst, Johnson Central will emerge with a 2-1 record in head-to-head contests. The only downside to another Johnson Central victory would be listening to Corbin supporters whining about their own coaching staff again. If Corbin loses, what are you going to do? Attach yourself to some other team who needs an online mascot?  Big Grin

I'm a fan of one team only. Try to pay attention if you can. You are definitely a whiner with a victim attitude, and that's why I'm gonna enjoy watching Corbin smoke your team.
(11-18-2022, 12:55 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-18-2022, 12:09 PM)pjdoug Wrote: In a battle of wits you're unarmed. You're weak and I'm toying with you. You'll be in a worse mental state as the day progresses.

I'm a fan of one team only. Try to pay attention if you can. You are definitely a whiner with a victim attitude, and that's why I'm gonna enjoy watching Corbin smoke your team.
See, we're making some progress now. You spared us yet another "smoke their hind ends" post. Props to you, Dougie. 

I am paying attention, and what I see is you hurling personal attacks at me in a thread featuring Corbin and Johnson Central. Maybe there is no better place for a Whitley County alumnus to spend time. It must get pretty lonely in the WC threads, when you can find a Whitley County thread.
(11-18-2022, 01:03 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(11-18-2022, 12:17 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: No, I don't plan on exchanging insults all day long with a mental midget. I plan to enjoy my vacation, not waste it. It is amusing that you consider yourself to be witty. Your posts are the most trite, repetitive inanities that I read on this site.

See, we're making some progress now. You spared us yet another "smoke their hind ends" post. Props to you, Dougie. 

I am paying attention, and what I see is you hurling personal attacks at me in a thread featuring Corbin and Johnson Central. Maybe there is no better place for a Whitley County alumnus to spend time. It must get pretty lonely in the WC threads, when you can find a Whitley County thread.
Are you a johnson central alumni?
(11-18-2022, 01:10 PM)HOFER Wrote:
(11-18-2022, 01:03 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(11-18-2022, 12:23 PM)pjdoug Wrote: I'm already thoroughly enjoying my day. I can't wait for tonight you little victim you.

Are you a johnson central alumni?
Yes, I am.
(11-18-2022, 10:30 AM)Spoozer12 Wrote: I was there, not a supporter of either program, I was working, but I do have respect for both teams.  What I witnessed, was JC fans yelling to get coaches and/or players off the field because they thought a melee was breaking out, as did I. The Corbin athlete that was hurt was away from the action, in my opinion most JC fans as I,  had no clue there was an injured athlete, the press box could have overlooked the injury as well.  After everything settled down, respect ruled the day with the exception of a few Corbin fans who were upset and looking to be victims.  One thing I do know for sure, visiting teams will tell you in my experience, they've never been treated better than at Johnson Central under the guidance of coach Matney, I do not know if this is still the norm. 

On the other hand Corbin fans appears proud of their port-a-potties for the visiting fans and the locker room for visiting teams with it's NAKED COMMODE at Campbell Field.  I hear a complete renovation of their football facilities is in the near future, but one thing that won't be touched is the old visiting team dressing room beneath the Corbin home side bleachers nor the NAKED COMMODE.  Maybe after Corbin wins the 2022 KHSAA State 4A Football Championship (I have no reason to believe they won't, they are the best team in 4A according to RPI) they will step up and show visiting teams some hospitality, and stop thinking they need the advantage the NAKED COMMODE gives.  My Observations and opinion not that it matters.
Not a supporter of either but you were working a JC game? Hahah. But it doesn’t matter. What does matter, is after JC was completely off the field, our staff was worh
the kid on the field 30’min later, then a couple, NOT MANY, started yelling to take him off the field! About the same time as that was blaring on the radio. So no, at that time a fight wasn’t gonna break out, they weren’t close to each other and NO way the PA didn’t know a kid was laying in agony for 45 min waiting on an ambulance. Now I will say that every JC fan that was there that I had interactions with were great.

And….. to add insult to the injury. It was a dirty chop block with which he had photos and the refs didn’t call it. Now he might not have meant to hurt him. But you can’t accidentally chop block someone.
Ok guys.  There have been WAY TOO MANY personal attacks in this thread.  I talked it over with another administrator, and we are going to shut it down.

And please stop with the personal stuff.
  •  Previous
  • 16(current)