Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg 2011
Sorry to tell you, but when is the last time P-burg got blown out?

It dont happen.
Prestonsburg won't get blown out any game this season. They are pretty much loaded. KHSAA say's they only lost 5 to graduation and only 2 linemen. I see them winning the region plus. They'll have a great chance to make it to the finals this year and deservedly so. A great tradition in Prestonsburg. Good luck to the Blackcats!!
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:Are you serious???? :thatsfunn

By a 5A team with a great running back? who challenges a nationally ranked team every year? Yeah I'm crazy aren't I. Trust me P-Burg would not want one bit of johnson central at the present give it a few years maybe but not right now.
i wish all p-burg fans to pray for kelly moore. he is going threw a hard time in life right now he neads all the help he could get he was the schore keeper for p-burg for many years thanks to every body if they would pray for him,
the onley bad thing is p-burg all ways wanted to play the eagles win ther program was down jchs didnt back down they took many but whipens and still played p-burg paintsville and pikeville-belfry beat us for probley 25 years before we won a game but no body but belfry will play jchs from the local teams now.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:By a 5A team with a great running back? who challenges a nationally ranked team every year? Yeah I'm crazy aren't I. Trust me P-Burg would not want one bit of johnson central at the present give it a few years maybe but not right now.

Sorry, but i dont trust you. P'Burg plays one of the toughest schedules year in & year out in 2A. We play some of the best teams in every class. We win most of those games & are competitve in the ones we dont. JC has one of the best RB in the state this year, but P'burg IMO would play them down to the wire. We have a 10-3 team from last year which lost in the regional championship returning most all starters on both sides of the ball.
Again, sorry but i dont trust you. :moon:
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:Sorry, but i dont trust you. P'Burg plays one of the toughest schedules year in & year out in 2A. We play some of the best teams in every class. We win most of those games & are competitve in the ones we dont. JC has one of the best RB in the state this year, but P'burg IMO would play them down to the wire. We have a 10-3 team from last year which lost in the regional championship returning most all starters on both sides of the ball.
Again, sorry but i dont trust you. :moon:

So you think P-Burg could stick with highlands, boyle county, and not get completely destroyed by bell? There is no comparison between the two 4a vs 2a. JC would simply outman pburg at the present give it a few years and Pburg could take them but not right now.
Dragonsdad Wrote:Prestonsburg won't get blown out any game this season. They are pretty much loaded. KHSAA say's they only lost 5 to graduation and only 2 linemen. I see them winning the region plus. They'll have a great chance to make it to the finals this year and deservedly so. A great tradition in Prestonsburg. Good luck to the Blackcats!!

Now we did take a butt whoopin from Corbin & Breathitt County last year.

Two similiar teams.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:So you think P-Burg could stick with highlands, boyle county, and not get completely destroyed by bell? There is no comparison between the two 4a vs 2a. JC would simply outman pburg at the present give it a few years and Pburg could take them but not right now.

#1 isn't saying that Prestonsburg could play with Highlands, Boyle or Bell, he's arguing that they could play with Johnson Central.

The teams that JC struggled against last year were teams that could pass the ball, and Prestonsburg can pass the ball, however Pburg struggled against the teams that could run & pass (i.e. Corbin, Breathitt, etc.). I'm not comparing Prestonsburg to any of the teams JC lost to last season, but I do think with the ability to pass Pburg would make it a good game.

Now we all now that JC folks will say that they would blow-out Pburg and the Pburg folks will say JC wouldn't.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:So you think P-Burg could stick with highlands, boyle county, and not get completely destroyed by bell? There is no comparison between the two 4a vs 2a. JC would simply outman pburg at the present give it a few years and Pburg could take them but not right now.

I thought we where discussing JC & P'burg. JC lost a lot of key players this past year. IMO P'burg could definitely play with them. Possibly win, but would most definitely not get blown out. You have your opinion & i have mine.
I would really like to see this game. I think it will be an early test for the Blackcat's. I think it will be a great measuring point for Prestonsburg's season. A season in which I think Prestonsburg will probably end up in the state finals.
Dragonsdad Wrote:I would really like to see this game. I think it will be an early test for the Blackcat's. I think it will be a great measuring point for Prestonsburg's season. A season in which I think Prestonsburg will probably end up in the state finals.

:Thumbs:
BlackcatAlum Wrote:#1 isn't saying that Prestonsburg could play with Highlands, Boyle or Bell, he's arguing that they could play with Johnson Central.

The teams that JC struggled against last year were teams that could pass the ball, and Prestonsburg can pass the ball, however Pburg struggled against the teams that could run & pass (i.e. Corbin, Breathitt, etc.). I'm not comparing Prestonsburg to any of the teams JC lost to last season, but I do think with the ability to pass Pburg would make it a good game.

Now we all now that JC folks will say that they would blow-out Pburg and the Pburg folks will say JC wouldn't.

:Thumbs: We struggled with scrambling QB's (i.e. Corbin, Breathitt, Pike Central).
Dragonsdad Wrote:I would really like to see this game. I think it will be an early test for the Blackcat's. I think it will be a great measuring point for Prestonsburg's season. A season in which I think Prestonsburg will probably end up in the state finals.

Getting through region is going to be a very tough task, as we would potentially have to go through Somerset, Danville, or Lexington Christian.

#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote::Thumbs: We struggled with scrambling QB's (i.e. Corbin, Breathitt, Pike Central).

Agreed.
eagles2011 Wrote:the onley bad thing is p-burg all ways wanted to play the eagles win ther program was down jchs didnt back down they took many but whipens and still played p-burg paintsville and pikeville-belfry beat us for probley 25 years before we won a game but no body but belfry will play jchs from the local teams now.

That was a different time for football in the mountains. But also some of those P-Burg teams back in the day were unbelieveably good.
eagles2011 Wrote:i wish all p-burg fans to pray for kelly moore. he is going threw a hard time in life right now he neads all the help he could get he was the schore keeper for p-burg for many years thanks to every body if they would pray for him,

My prayers are with him & his family.
I will surely keep he and his in my prayers. I used to live next door to his daughter,Kelly Sue,and her husband in Richmond. I met and got to know him there. He has always been one of P-burgs biggest fans and supporters. God bless he and his family.
#1,what do you think about the Hazard game? How do you all match up?
I believe Pburg will be a very tough team this yr.
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:My prayers are with him & his family.

Kelly is a good man. My family will keep him in our prayers.
Dragonsdad Wrote:#1,what do you think about the Hazard game? How do you all match up?

The game is not till September 30th. I will give you my opinion the week before LOL. I have to see how the season progresses between now & then for both teams.
Dragonsdad Wrote:#1,what do you think about the Hazard game? How do you all match up?

I know your talking to # 1 dragonsdad but i think these teams match up really well with P-burg having the upper hand at the Qb position and hazard having an upper hand with a # of athletes thats fast. This will be a very good game and it will be decided by 7 points or less.
Do you think that Hazard will be able to replace Slone and back in the defensive backfield. Those guys were pretty good and made for slot of tackles and broken up passes. They will be hard to replace.
He will be missed but hazard will have some problems until the get to about mid season and they should be ok. BJ Combs should fill the void as he was starting to pick up more on the defensive side of the ball. I also look to see a little more out of deion harris a defensive end. Hes not no where near on the level Alan Fugate but he will reak some habit in the backfield.
bac2369 Wrote:I know your talking to # 1 dragonsdad but i think these teams match up really well with P-burg having the upper hand at the Qb position and hazard having an upper hand with a # of athletes thats fast. This will be a very good game and it will be decided by 7 points or less.

:dontthink P'burg is fast all over the field both sides of the ball. The O-line reminds me a Denver Bronco line (strong & fast).
I agree with you on that #1. Prestonsburg is fast and their line is a big,strong and vetran line. I think in high school football a strong line may be a teams greatest asset. On top of that i'll say that it take a good smart center to anchor a good line. Alot of times people don't realize just how much a center means to the offense. I think that P-burg has that. I have to give P-burg a little more of an edge against Hazard than one score or less. I think that P-burg is two scores better than Hazard this year. Hazard is a great team and i am not downing them. I just think that they lost alot from their offensive line,both tackles and their center. So,with that said I think that it's going to take some time for them to develop a good relation between their new center and their new QB. That's something that just doesn't develop over night. It will come for them but I don't think it will right off,JMO. I expect Hazard to be the team to beat in our region and very well may go back to state.But,Prestonsburg is also going to be the team to beat in their region and should also vie for the state 2A title. It will be a great game between two powerhouse teams. P-burg 35-21.
Dragonsdad Wrote:I agree with you on that #1. Prestonsburg is fast and their line is a big,strong and vetran line. I think in high school football a strong line may be a teams greatest asset. On top of that i'll say that it take a good smart center to anchor a good line. Alot of times people don't realize just how much a center means to the offense. I think that P-burg has that. I have to give P-burg a little more of an edge against Hazard than one score or less. I think that P-burg is two scores better than Hazard this year. Hazard is a great team and i am not downing them. I just think that they lost alot from their offensive line,both tackles and their center. So,with that said I think that it's going to take some time for them to develop a good relation between their new center and their new QB. That's something that just doesn't develop over night. It will come for them but I don't think it will right off,JMO. I expect Hazard to be the team to beat in our region and very well may go back to state.But,Prestonsburg is also going to be the team to beat in their region and should also vie for the state 2A title. It will be a great game between two powerhouse teams. P-burg 35-21.
:Thumbs: Our center Zack Rowe has played the position since grade school. He is a senior this year. He has also had 4 years with his senior QB.
Yes, we do have a veteran line also. All but one to my knowlege has also played there position since grade school & have played together since then.
As i said earlier we will have an awesome upper class line this year. One of the best around. It all starts in the trenches.

P'burg did beat Hazard today in a 7 on 7 at Pikeville. It was tight though. We won on a pick close to the end of the game. 9-6. We are every bit as fast if not faster than Hazard from what i witnessed.
Who was Hazard's QB in the 7 on 7 today? Blanton? Roll?
Dragonsdad Wrote:Who was Hazard's QB in the 7 on 7 today? Blanton? Roll?

Not sure. Was a tall kid though. It was 1st team against 1st team.