Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Betsy Layne 77 Paintsville 76
"ALLSPORTFAN" Wrote:Nice post Guru. I think the celebration was much deserved because they have struggled most of the season, but are finally getting things together. Beating good teams on the road like Prestonsburg & Paintsville can get a team excited. Case & Witt did really well off the bench. I think some credit should go to the much better defense that the Bobcats played in the 2nd half. They contested a whole lot more shots which ended up with the Tigers shooting 20 freethrows. But to the Bobcats advantage, they missed alot of them. I also think that the good guard play from Stapleton and Thacker needs to be mentioned as well. They combined for 14 assists, and 6 steals. The Bobcats are really clicking and playing as a team and are getting things done. Good Luck on the rest of the season!!!

I agree!! It was a total team effort from the Bobcats!!
"The Guru" Wrote:Daniel Pugh.
I am not second guessing a coach on this. I am just saying that it didn't look like anything that had a reason. Anyway, Betsy Layne deserved the win.
Water under the bridge. Get over it and improve for the next game that actually has meaning!!

You are so right! Fridays game is gonna be awesome!:Guitar01:
congrats sounds like a great game
"The Guru" Wrote:First off, congrats to Betsy Layne!!! Great job and great team effort.
Paintsville came out and looked really good! But late in the first half, Foul trouble started setting in, and BMR was unable to keep his best rotation on the floor! BL took advantage and kept their composier. BL kept creeping and creeping as foul trouble still plagued the Tigers in the second half. in the fourth, these two teams just traded baskets and leads til the final moments. 14.5 to go, game tied, Paintsville calls time to set up taking the final shot, right???? Wrong!!! After the inbounds play from halfcourt, Paintsville drives straight to the lane and misses another 14 footer, Vanhoose gets the rebound and during an attempted tie up JD gets fouled with just over 5 seconds remaining. Makes the first, misses the second BL grabs the board and moves quickly to the other end and with a dish and layup, pull off the W!!!
I think Paintsville was 2-6 from the charity stripe in the last couple of minutes!!!
Blame the loss on missing crunch time FTs, blame the coach for not setting up a play that ends with Paintsville taking the last shot at the buzzer, thus leaving your opponent no time for anything heroic! Blame what you will!!!
I say, give Betsy Layne the deserving credit for showing heart and determination and snatching victory!!!
Sure they celebrated like they just won the region!! But this was a HUGE victory for them, because they showed that they could comeback on what is considered a good team, in a not so easy place to win in!!
I really think that the play off the bench from BL was the difference!! If Witt and Brennan Case played like this the whole time(like they are capable of), They would not only be starting, but studding!!
Great job you guys!!

Could it be that BMR is paying the price for not trying to develop a bench this whole season? He usually only plays about 6 players , correct? I could also see fatigue setting into his starting unit this late in the season. You cant expect 5 or 6 guys to log every minute of every game for the whole year. I know that I get on Bill Mikes case a lot, but he proves what I have said more and more all the time that he is not the Legend that he is being out to be made. He CANNOT win when he just has average talent. He has to have a bunch of studs before he has ever been able to do anything. Whoever the JR VanHoose poster is(which I still say is not the real JR) made the comment that BMR develops talent. I would think that with all the meaningless regular season games that they have played this year that he would have at least tried to get 2 or 3 more guys ready to help his team for the tournament. Mark it down that Paintsville will not go anywhere this year because they just dont have a man on the bench that is capable of taking them anywhere when he doesn't have the big guns. He is solely to blame IMO, for Paintsville playing the way they have this year.
Congrats BL
"ChillyWilly" Wrote:Could it be that BMR is paying the price for not trying to develop a bench this whole season? He usually only plays about 6 players , correct? I could also see fatigue setting into his starting unit this late in the season. You cant expect 5 or 6 guys to log every minute of every game for the whole year. I know that I get on Bill Mikes case a lot, but he proves what I have said more and more all the time that he is not the Legend that he is being out to be made. He CANNOT win when he just has average talent. He has to have a bunch of studs before he has ever been able to do anything. Whoever the JR VanHoose poster is(which I still say is not the real JR) made the comment that BMR develops talent. I would think that with all the meaningless regular season games that they have played this year that he would have at least tried to get 2 or 3 more guys ready to help his team for the tournament. Mark it down that Paintsville will not go anywhere this year because they just dont have a man on the bench that is capable of taking them anywhere when he doesn't have the big guns. He is solely to blame IMO, for Paintsville playing the way they have this year.

I'll have to PM you on this!!! LOL
Congrats Betsy Layne
What a win for Betsy Lane. I bet BMR is really pulling the paint of the walls somewhere.
Unbelievable...This region is 100% up for grabs...
"The Nature Boy" Wrote:What a win for Betsy Lane. I bet BMR is really pulling the paint of the walls somewhere.
He should fire himself .
Congrats to the Bobcats, you did the 58th proud!
Is this for real???
what the hoot??? Did Bill Mike, blow a gasket with the quick shot??? If not, then he musta had it in his plan.
I told you all BL was coming on strong
What In The Name Of BMR Is Going On At Paintsville. Are The Tigers Runing Out Of Gas At The End Of The Year. Congrats To Betsy Layne And Coach Rose. The 58th And 15th Should Be Interesting. :CE_DP_Ste Confusedalute:
Such is the game of basketball... anyone can win on any night. Congrats BL on what may be one of the biggest wins of your year.
HUGE upset!Way to go BL!
"RANDALL FLAG" Wrote:What In The Name Of BMR Is Going On At Paintsville. Are The Tigers Runing Out Of Gas At The End Of The Year. Congrats To Betsy Layne And Coach Rose. The 58th And 15th Should Be Interesting. :CE_DP_Ste Confusedalute:
Maybe nothing is going on. Regardless of how they have been hyped up, the fact is that these guys have never done anything to deserve their hype. They have never won anything. They are just not as good as the Big Blue Tiger Nation wants them to be made out to be. Like I have said repeatedly, Bill MIke Runyon can only win when he has a bunch of All American on the floor.

Average players + a very average coach = a very average team. Period.

Do what Randy Anderson has done this year, and I will praise all accordingly, where it is deserved. BMR has still yet to prove to me he is a coach deserving of all his hype.
I was at the game and I must say Betsy Lane plays very for what seems to be a very young team. But If the Paintsville team that played the first half had showed up the second half it would have been a 25+ point win. Landon Slone didnt do anything the second half, I would wager that 80% of his points came in the first half. Pugh wasn't making anything he shot, and Williams was getting out rebounded by the smallest guy on the floor... They are alot of problems at Paintsville, noone on the team plays together...
Congrats to Betsy Layne! I knew you guys could do it!
Great job Bobcats. THAT WAS AWESOME. What a time to peak.

I applaud your effort from every posititon on the floor last night. Not one selfish play, if anything, it has been selfless play that has gotten you to this point. Keep up the good work. Keep your eyes on the prize.
Gee I thought that we had put things back in order after the way we played against Sheldon Clark. I guess back to the drawing board.
It has been a roller coaster!!!!!
If someone doesnt teach JD Vanhoose to play under the basket, Pville isnt going to be able to beat WRCastle.. I bet BL scored 20 pts bouncing it past JD to the post for an easy 2, all night long. Not sure why one of the coaches didnt pick up on that and fix the problem. Pville got punked, from the coaches on down.
What a diffucult loss for the Tigers. To think so highly of yourself, and then to lose to mediocre Betsy Layne must be difficult to swalllow.
"King James" Wrote:What a diffucult loss for the Tigers. To think so highly of yourself, and then to lose to mediocre Betsy Layne must be difficult to swalllow.

Mediocre? I definitely would not call a team who can beat Prestonsburg one week and then turn around and beat Paintsville the next mediocre. They have clinched the conference championship...and I believe that they deserve a hats off!

:Cheerlead Good job boys! Way to hang in there.
Every team in the 15th is mediocre.
I agree every team in the 15th is mediocre. Sure there is a reason to blame everyone involved in the Tigers' loss, but the coach can only do so much, its the players responsibility to execute the game plan. They did not, and they got beat. That's how things go. Chin up guys still some ball left to play. Hats off to BL.
"piratefaithful" Wrote:I was at the game and I must say Betsy Lane plays very for what seems to be a very young team. But If the Paintsville team that played the first half had showed up the second half it would have been a 25+ point win. Landon Slone didnt do anything the second half, I would wager that 80% of his points came in the first half. Pugh wasn't making anything he shot, and Williams was getting out rebounded by the smallest guy on the floor... They are alot of problems at Paintsville, noone on the team plays together...

I wish the Bobcat team that played the 2nd half, would have played the 1st half also. They picked up their defense and contested alot more shots in the 2nd half. Had quiet a few steals in the last 3-4 minutes of the game. I was glad I was at the game, it was a good one. As far as Landon's scoring, I had him with 12pts in the 1st and 11 in the 2nd. JD had 10 in the 1st and 9 in the 2nd. Once again, I would like to congratulate BL on the win and each player that got in the game.
"JKWON33" Wrote:IDK what the score was, but I heard on the radio that the Tigers were up 17 in the First Half. If they want any chance of winning the District, let alone the Region they need to learn how to keep a lead. Good job BL on fighting back.

I'd have to agree with you 100%
"ALLSPORTFAN" Wrote:I wish the Bobcat team that played the 2nd half, would have played the 1st half also. They picked up their defense and contested alot more shots in the 2nd half. Had quiet a few steals in the last 3-4 minutes of the game. I was glad I was at the game, it was a good one. As far as Landon's scoring, I had him with 12pts in the 1st and 11 in the 2nd. JD had 10 in the 1st and 9 in the 2nd. Once again, I would like to congratulate BL on the win and each player that got in the game.

Betsy Lane did step it up the 2nd half, I'm glad they did. The red head boy can shoot I believe his last name was Case??? It sure seemed to me Landon had alot more points the first half, but you are probably correct...