Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell County/ Knox Central to Renew Rivalry
It is surprising. Knox Central always played Cawood, even when Cawood won year after year.
So Knox Don't want to play up in class but will play down classes like Prestonsburg, Bell.
Football1 Wrote:I don't know who chose not to play HC. But I can promise you not a single player, fan, or coach has any fear of HC. And win lose or draw this year that will always be the case. Schedules change... that is football.

Seems someone has a fear and from all accounts Harlan Co wants to play.
Teams around SEKY should step up and play Harlan County, its ridicolous they have to schedule so many out of state teams because noone will take a game with them.
This seems to be a problem starting up in a lot of places.

Schools use to want to play close games because of the financial situations even if they were going to get blown out.
In a fairy tale world, the best teams would play each other or even teams would, but its over a 3 hour bus ride from Bell County or Harlan County to Pikeville.
HAT51 Wrote:Then Knox should continue playing and not run.
Nope. We need to run. HC is so dang good that we are afraid to continue to play them... Now - go back and read that sentence a couple of times. Pause. Read it again. Yes - it is as stupid as it sounds.

Strategy matters when you make a schedule. Playing a top 5A team is a great choice when you are working a strategy that calls for building a tough schedule. We have that now with Bell. Every team needs games on its schedule that are likely wins. We can play with HC any day of the week but it will always be a tough game. That increases the chance for injuries and increases the risk of losing momentum with a loss. I applaud the decision to even out our schedule and let the Bears grumble and proudly pound their prideful fur about KC being afraid to play them. We are working to win banners not out of conference and region wins.

So go tell all your friends KC is terrified of the big bad Bears... We will keep working to win a 4A state championship.
Football1 Wrote:Nope. We need to run. HC is so dang good that we are afraid to continue to play them... Now - go back and read that sentence a couple of times. Pause. Read it again. Yes - it is as stupid as it sounds.

Strategy matters when you make a schedule. Playing a top 5A team is a great choice when you are working a strategy that calls for building a tough schedule. We have that now with Bell. Every team needs games on its schedule that are likely wins. We can play with HC any day of the week but it will always be a tough game. That increases the chance for injuries and increases the risk of losing momentum with a loss. I applaud the decision to even out our schedule and let the Bears grumble and proudly pound their prideful fur about KC being afraid to play them. We are working to win banners not out of conference and region wins.

So go tell all your friends KC is terrified of the big bad Bears... We will keep working to win a 4A state championship.

Call it what you want.
Football1 Wrote:Nope. We need to run. HC is so dang good that we are afraid to continue to play them... Now - go back and read that sentence a couple of times. Pause. Read it again. Yes - it is as stupid as it sounds.

So, yesterday not playing Bell the past two years was a travesty and unfair to the kids at Knox Central. But today, not playing Harlan County is sound scheduling strategy?
Sad to know Knox is afraid to play and get hurt by Harlan Co. At least Bell isnt afraid.
Ground and pound. Bell wins!!!
Dear lord people, Knox is scheduling Bell, but dropping Harlan so they're afraid and running from them? Hasn't Bell whipped the snot out of them quite a bit in the past? Hasn't KC came to Log Mountain, slapped Bell right in the mouth and nearly beat us? YES. And after a kindly touchy situation with the coaching went on, thought it best to drop us to give time to heal over, then pick us back up..No fear of Bell County after we've beat them time and time again, but they're scared of the all mighty Black Bears? Ok. I'm positive..POSITIVE..that Knox dropping HC has nothing to do with running, hiding, or being scared.
HDE Wrote:So, yesterday not playing Bell the past two years was a travesty and unfair to the kids at Knox Central. But today, not playing Harlan County is sound scheduling strategy?
Yes. That about sums it up.
BTW - you will see how afraid we are to play HC. You still have us on the schedule this year.
Football1 Wrote:So go tell all your friends KC is terrified of the big bad Bears... We will keep working to win a 4A state championship.

Funny, you may work, but Highlands, Lex Cath, and Boyle do too. Good luck beating 2 in the same year as you would have too.

All the work you do wont matter when playing teams like that. Plus you still have to beat the Rock and Russell Co.
West 80 Wrote:Funny, you may work, but Highlands, Lex Cath, and Boyle do too. Good luck beating 2 in the same year as you would have too.

All the work you do wont matter when playing teams like that. Plus you still have to beat the Rock and Russell Co.
... So they say. But "they" also said KC would never be much back in the days when we were 0-10. Times have changed. Boyle has dropped 3 games this year. Highlands will always be tough due to their geography. But KC has shown a consistent trend of improvement over the last 6 years and that will continue. For latest evidence see our 4-0 record...
Football1 Wrote:... So they say. But "they" also said KC would never be much back in the days when we were 0-10. Times have changed. Boyle has dropped 3 games this year. Highlands will always be tough due to their geography. But KC has shown a consistent trend of improvement over the last 6 years and that will continue. For latest evidence see our 4-0 record...

ASk Bell how much better teams are up North. Lou. Central showed Bell what speed is all about. Highlands and Lex Cath will do the same.
Football1 Wrote:... So they say. But "they" also said KC would never be much back in the days when we were 0-10.

Amen, Bro... People on message boards laughed when we said we were going after a quality coach. They laughed when we said Wayne Mills could turn the program around and they laughed when when we said we could become one of the better teams in the mountains.

Does anyone really even know if the series will die after this year? Did anyone bother to ask Coach Larkey? I guarantee you'll not hear all this bull coming from him. The man has class and my respect.
Stumpjumper Wrote:Amen, Bro... People on message boards laughed when we said we were going after a quality coach. They laughed when we said Wayne Mills could turn the program around and they laughed when when we said we could become one of the better teams in the mountains.

Does anyone really even know if the series will die after this year? Did anyone bother to ask Coach Larkey? I guarantee you'll not hear all this bull coming from him. The man has class and my respect.

It's ending and Knox is ending it. Like I posted before, call it what you want.
yeah coming from mboro i'll bet you hope somebody can beat them
All things aside, I just wish that Knox and Harlan Co. could work something out.
It's as simple as one side picking up the phone.
I would have thought that Coach Russell would want to come back home and play.
bear claw Wrote:I would have thought that Coach Russell would want to come back home and play.
does evarts still have a team?
Yogibear Wrote:It's as simple as one side picking up the phone.
the fan base and kids would love to keep the game.we cant help what the people in charge of the schedule decide,regardless of "being scared" or just strategic planning.i would love to see the bears schedule st x or cov cath,highlands,trinity etc.and its as easy as someone picking up the phone,,,,isnt it?just sayin...
:
West 80 Wrote:Sad to know Knox is afraid to play and get hurt by Harlan Co. At least Bell isnt afraid.

:ChairHit: Let me say this as simple as it can be said. You are an :eyeroll:.
KNOX is not afraid of playing anybody.PERIOD. Knox is trying to workout the games for the next two years. So for your information, the Harlan game at its current time frame in the season and Bell next year, would both be back to back just before we start our District play. The reason KNOX has not signed any contract with Harlan Co. is really a simple one. They will set down and look at how to work both games in and how will it effect us. Yes we do pick up Prestonsburg next year,,in the Applachian Bowl in Clay Co.. We would like to play more local teams. Corbin said NO,way. Whitley could be a future possibility. So maybe in the near future KNOX will have Bell, Harlan and Whitley all in the same year. BUT NOT FOR ONE SECOND SHOULD YOU EVER THINK FOR A SECOND KNOX IS SCARED OF ANYBODY.Confusedinglepar
big blu 2 u Wrote:the fan base and kids would love to keep the game.we cant help what the people in charge of the schedule decide,regardless of "being scared" or just strategic planning.i would love to see the bears schedule st x or cov cath,highlands,trinity etc.and its as easy as someone picking up the phone,,,,isnt it?just sayin...

You have to know there is a big difference in traveling 1 hour 20 minutes to play someone as opposed to traveling four hours. Harlan County would play anyone in southeastern Kentucky, and that is proven by the fact that they will play both Bell County and Belfry next season.
highschoolfan Wrote::

:ChairHit: Let me say this as simple as it can be said. You are an :eyeroll:.
KNOX is not afraid of playing anybody.PERIOD. Knox is trying to workout the games for the next two years. So for your information, the Harlan game at its current time frame in the season and Bell next year, would both be back to back just before we start our District play. The reason KNOX has not signed any contract with Harlan Co. is really a simple one. They will set down and look at how to work both games in and how will it effect us. Yes we do pick up Prestonsburg next year,,in the Applachian Bowl in Clay Co.. We would like to play more local teams. Corbin said NO,way. Whitley could be a future possibility. So maybe in the near future KNOX will have Bell, Harlan and Whitley all in the same year. BUT NOT FOR ONE SECOND SHOULD YOU EVER THINK FOR A SECOND KNOX IS SCARED OF ANYBODY.Confusedinglepar

:thanks::Thumbs::Thumbs::Thumbs::thanks::Clap:
Football1 Wrote::thanks::Thumbs::Thumbs::Thumbs::thanks::Clap:

So why drop the Harlan Co game and pick up Bell, better yet why not play both,one home, the other away, talk about at least 1 good gate each year.
West 80 Wrote:So why drop the Harlan Co game and pick up Bell, better yet why not play both,one home, the other away, talk about at least 1 good gate each year.
if you would read all the post you would see that Harlan Co. not dropped yet!! as it was told that they are working on making it work for all
i think that playing both Bell an HC would be good for Knox and it would be good for both of them too, you need some good challenages in the season an this would help all the team BC,HC,KC!!! every team needs to play tough games each year to get themselves ready for the playoff run where your going to play the best of the best!!! so why not the best of the best in this part of the state get it on!!! I think these games should be played every year!!! if your going to claim to be the best in this area then I think you should play the best teams in the area that you can play!!!
panther nation Wrote:if you would read all the post you would see that Harlan Co. not dropped yet!! as it was told that they are working on making it work for all

You were told wrong. HC was told they would not be playing.