Poll: Belfry @ Harlan Co Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Harlan County
69.61%
Belfry
30.39%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry @ Harlan County 9/6
Come on GUT not again. Don't you think you need to worry about your Whitley team and quit giving our opponents bulletin board material?
Maybe we need to coin another phrase, and give Bear Paw's back to him....

ER/PM?????
Confusednicker:
Fuzzybeardad Wrote:Harlan County wins by 3-4TD's Belfry will not stop HC and I don't think Belfry will run over HC defense. Could be the fastest defenses I have seen!!
Belfry too has a very quick defense. I don't think either team are going to just run over the other. Both teams are running teams and both teams know that about the other. Look for a low scoring game that could be over pretty quick because of no passing. It will almost be like a running clock.
Very well could be an ER Afternoon with ours and theirs making the trip. This game will be old school....
Belfry will show up, ready to play. With that being said, I look for Harlan County to win this game by a very slim margain. I really think Belfry has legit shot at the upset, but I will go with the Black Bears by a Td. Good luck to both teams.
Hc 28-20
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Harlan County Black Bears will be more than the Pirates can handle.
I think some are underestimating Belfry. I mean I know they are not great but GEEZ. I don't think it's gonna be a blowout.
I think it will come down to turnovers and ball control! I'll take HC by 7!
I like Belfry.I just think Harlan County is the stronger team this year.
HC is better now, but will not be in November

HC by 2 TDs
Warthog Wrote:HC is better now, but will not be in November

HC by 2 TDs
I disagree with the Belfry will
Be better in November sir! HC has clearly more talent and Tom
Larkey's teams always improve thru the year. If HC turns out to be 2td's better next Friday they will be at least that much better than Belfry in Movember!
Belfry always hits their stride come playoff time. Everybody knows that. And I don't know where you're getting HC has more talent. Have you seen Belfrys skill players. Loads of talent on the field and on the sidelines. The reason they are on the sidelines is because they are the back ups for the talent on the field.
skully03 Wrote:Belfry always hits their stride come playoff time. Everybody knows that. And I don't know where you're getting HC has more talent. Have you seen Belfrys skill players. Loads of talent on the field and on the sidelines. The reason they are on the sidelines is because they are the back ups for the talent on the field.
Yes you're right, belfry does have talent at the skilled positions, but HC also has skilled position players, plus skilled lineman..While i have no doubt belfry will be ready for this big game as they usually are, HC is beyond loaded this year, it will be a really good game but i think HC will just be too much right now..
skully03 Wrote:Belfry always hits their stride come playoff time. Everybody knows that. And I don't know where you're getting HC has more talent. Have you seen Belfrys skill players. Loads of talent on the field and on the sidelines. The reason they are on the sidelines is because they are the back ups for the talent on the field.
outside of a few folks like yourself from
Belfry there is prob not another person in the mountains that doesn't think that HC has more talent than Belfry? You will see what I'm talking about next Friday night!
Didn't people say the same thing back in 08 when Belfry went down to Johnson Central and beat what was supposed to be the best team JC ever had and a team that led the ENTIRE NATION in rushing? You could be right, Harlan County might beat Belfry but they will have to earn it. Wait til Harlan's Oline sees big #71 from Belfry. Black bear cuz, you will see what I'm talking about next Friday! The kid is huge!
While I think Harlan County will win this game (only time I will say that) this thread needs some shit stirring and trash talk. Where's Pirate1991#8?

Belfry is going to have a hellacious week of practice. Every sprint will be started with "Black Bears" and every drill will be done twice and preached to be even more physical. It's worth noting Belfry didn't really beat a pretty bad Harrison County team in their first game in 2011 and rebounded by putting an L on Henry Clay, on the road, in week 2. Dakota Stanley has to play a great ballgame on Friday. Keaton Taylor will be back so that brings an additional athlete. Belfry was solid defensively in the second half, will it carry over to Harlan County? Perhaps.
Since Harlans countys creation this would be the first year that harlan could actually beat belfry. and maybe 2010 season. but any other years since 2008 belfry would dominate.

i say Harlan Co by 2 touchdowns. but never the less harlan has to work for this win.
I believe that Belfry will keep this game close until halftime. I believe in the 2nd Harlan County will wear Belfry down with an absolute pounding on both sides of the ball. Belfry is a physical team but Harlan is probably the most physical team in the mountains this year, and that is just their offense. On the defensive side of things I don't think Belfry has seen a defense like this in quite a few years and that includes those Central defenses.
It just hard to believe ( and I'm not taking anything away from Harlan co. ) that a mountain team can be compared to the past defenses of Louisville Central. Those defenses were wicked fast. And yes I recognize that both teams have skilled players. And you may be right Demarcus ware that HC has skilled lineman. I know Belfrys line is young but I think they will be ready. The coaches will make sure of that. I'm just excited for a great mountain football game. This has the makings of the best game ever in the mountains. I'm turning in personal time at work just so I can be there. Hope your concession has good food. Lol
Harlan will b hard to beat
How many wins and loss does Larky and Haywood have against each other ? I no they have not played since he's been at Harlan county . But did they ever play each other before ?
bear claw Wrote:Come on GUT not again. Don't you think you need to worry about your Whitley team and quit giving our opponents bulletin board material?

Theres not hope for Whitley.
Its a afternoon morgue room for that team.

Im on the bears bandwagon.

Emergency room afternoon.
Harlan County 14
Belfry 12
Belfry0304 Wrote:While I think Harlan County will win this game (only time I will say that) this thread needs some shit stirring and trash talk. Where's Pirate1991#8?

Belfry is going to have a hellacious week of practice. Every sprint will be started with "Black Bears" and every drill will be done twice and preached to be even more physical. It's worth noting Belfry didn't really beat a pretty bad Harrison County team in their first game in 2011 and rebounded by putting an L on Henry Clay, on the road, in week 2. Dakota Stanley has to play a great ballgame on Friday. Keaton Taylor will be back so that brings an additional athlete. Belfry was solid defensively in the second half, will it carry over to Harlan County? Perhaps.

You might need to throw a little "you'll never leave Harlan Alive" in there as well. There is no doubt the BLACK BEARS will have the same kind of practices and they are not over looking the pirates...WE are just that good.

:redboxer::redboxer: GO BLACK BEARS!! :redboxer::redboxer:
skully03 Wrote:It just hard to believe ( and I'm not taking anything away from Harlan co. ) that a mountain team can be compared to the past defenses of Louisville Central. Those defenses were wicked fast. And yes I recognize that both teams have skilled players. And you may be right Demarcus ware that HC has skilled lineman. I know Belfrys line is young but I think they will be ready. The coaches will make sure of that. I'm just excited for a great mountain football game. This has the makings of the best game ever in the mountains. I'm turning in personal time at work just so I can be there. Hope your concession has good food. Lol
You sir must have not watch HC this year! We are just better than Belfry this year and will prove it this weekend. It will be close the first half then HC will route the game by 2-4 TD's. Harlan has way to much talent and a better line. No disrespect to Belfry but this is the most talented team I have seen on the field.
"While I think Harlan County will win this game (only time I will say that) this thread needs some shit stirring and trash talk. Where's Pirate1991#8?"

We can do that without Pirate1991!!!
Wink

I don't think this game will be a blow out. Both of these teams have so much heart, and dedication!! They also play the same style of football. I really believe this will be the best game of the year.

That said, I feel much like Catdaddy. I think this game will be decided by a touchdown, and I think the home field advantge just may be the factor that gives Harlan County the edge, along with their hustle and heart!!

PirateForLife....I'll put my Baby Zak up against your #71 any day of the week and twice on Sundays! Watch for HIM, he'll probably be just in front of your #71; he's #78 and greaat!!! (notice the rhyme)
Confusednicker:Confusednicker:

Anxioius for Friday night!!

Go Black Bears!!!!

Here's Harlan County's full game against Madison Central from 8-23-13.
It does not matter who wins this game. Belfry is still the kings of the mountains. Until Harlan wins a state title they can not be the kings of anything. Ask belfry how many Regional championships they got. They don't count them unless they are state champs.
surgeon Wrote:It does not matter who wins this game. Belfry is still the kings of the mountains. Until Harlan wins a state title they can not be the kings of anything. Ask belfry how many Regional championships they got. They don't count them unless they are state champs.
Welcome to football..As you will notice we do king of the mountain on a yearly basis but thanks for playing
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next