Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KBA 8th Grade State Tournament
nevermind just talked to them and they will be there fri nite as well
What about knox
knox is down from years past.
Like I was saying, it will be a easy win for them. Other teams can give it all they want but they are not going to beat this varsity team. Everyone else stands a equally fair chance for runner up. It may start off close in a few games but they won't lose any of their games and I am guessing they will win all of them by at least 12.
It would be nice if KBA would just tell them they are the champs give them a trophy, praise them and tell them how good they are than let two real middle school teams battle it out.
What fun is there in knowing games are going to be blowouts?
I feel sorry for anyone in their pool. Yikes!!
Like I was saying, it will be a easy win for them. Other teams can give it all they want but they are not going to beat this varsity team. Everyone else stands a equally fair chance for runner up. It may start off close in a few games but they won't lose any of their games and I am guessing they will win all of them by at least 12.
It would be nice if KBA would just tell them they are the champs give them a trophy, praise them and tell them how good they are than let two real middle school teams battle it out.
What fun is there in knowing games are going to be blowouts?
I feel sorry for anyone in their pool. Yikes!!
It will not be easy. I promise you that. Why does it bother you so much that the boys are playing middle school? I would honestly like to know.
Why does it bother you so much what I post?
We have already been through this playmaker!!
With as much right as they have it doesn't make it right that they do it.

Any team that uses the same kids to start varsity to play middle school is doing it for their own personal ego. Tell me playmaker, what is this teaching the kids?
If they are good enough to start varsity they do not need to be playing middle school. It's my opinion and it doesn't matter so get over it and what I think.
They are going, they WILL win it all! Mark my word on that.
For those who desire to know about the ages of the 3 varsity players from Southern Pulaski who are in 8th grade:

catfanmd Wrote:The three were born in 1998.
Dykes has an August birthdate
Butt has an October birthdate and
Fitzgerald has a November birthdate.

They will all be 18 on August 1st of their senior year.
Thanks for clearing that up. Julian Newmon a fifth grader from Florida starts varsity too but he has enough class to not try to be the star on his 5th grade team. This little boy wants to get better so he plays varsity. Playing at his grade level does nothing to help him get better. He could maybe teach this bunch a thing or two.
Hard to believe I'm saying this because we have taken our loses and whippings from them over years here in wayne co, but I would hate to see a tournament if these kids didn't play in.

It would cheapen it.
It's why we play the games.
Couldn't agree with u more Cardfan. That is such a nice thing coming from you. You have a really good attitude about it. If u don't play in the same pool as them you may get a chance to get whipped Sunday by them in finals. So good luck!!
I hope we are.
I will be there with bells on to watch regardless.
oj mayo played in his middle school state tourny and started varsity. goodin at taylor co done it just a few years ago.
Not true about Goodin. He played in 8th grade state as a 7th grader, but when he started varsity as an 8th grader he did not play. Sorry that you were confused in the years. I was the coach both years so know it to be a fact.
my bad I thought it was his 8th grade year
The thing that will be interesting to me is southwestern plays pulaski co at pulaski friday night. Sounds like southwestern will be playing without 3 players
One good thing for you basketballdad is that in 3 days these kids will be done playing middle school basketball. So you can focus all your crying on something else then since 90 percent of your posts are about them . It's a STATE tournament and to me you want the best talent in the state playing in it . There is something's in life you only get to try and do onetime and how many opportunities does a kid get to play for a state championship ? Maybe if you would spend less time on here crying and more time working with kids in the gym the margin of victory by southern PC would be a little less. Who wants to be the team that beats them and says we beat Southern Pulaski but there 3 best players didn't play . I'd want to be the team that says we Beat southern Pulaski and they have 3 kids that see varsity minutes. Which sounds more impressive to you ?
ky playmaker Wrote:oj mayo played in his middle school state tourny and started varsity. goodin at taylor co done it just a few years ago.

OJ may have played in his middle school state tournament.........when he was a 6th grader. He played Varsity at Rose Hill in both 7th and 8th grade until enrolled in Highschool in the spring of his 8th grade year.
Well well!! Ruffled some feathers. You are kidding me if u think anyone thinks it is right that playing varsity and middle school isn't a issue. As long as I have been watching basketball I have never seen 3 varsity players play middle school and this is a forum and as long as I can I will voice my opinion about the issue.
Who the flip gives u the right to say who can and cannot be on this forum?

By the way, university of Ky might be good competition but that doesn't mean they aren't to advanced to play middle school ball.
Hopefully I don't have to make another issue about this after they are done.
Most High School coaches would never allow it to happen.
If I am not mistaken in other states you can't play both. I don't know about all but some of them.

I am sure all the boys are looking forward to playing them. You are dumb as a squirrel. You are right about one thing, if a team can beat them it will be a big deal, much bigger than you are aware of.

Also, don't act like this is the first time for these boys to have a chance at winning. Haven't they won for the past 3 years?
And further more , there are lots of 8th graders that never play varsity so I guess you and I will never know who the best is.

There are hundreds of boys crying at this moment afraid they may not get to play a varsity team this weekend at the state.
Sorry, 8th graders that never play 8th grade and go straight to varsity.
Courtside Wrote:OJ may have played in his middle school state tournament.........when he was a 6th grader. He played Varsity at Rose Hill in both 7th and 8th grade until enrolled in Highschool in the spring of his 8th grade year.

OJ averaged 23 points as a 7th grader on varsity and played in the middle school state as well.
You right it's a forum and you can say whatever youd like there is not anyone disputing that Is there ? I haven't seen one person ask you not to voice your thoughts . Do these 3 kids attend Southern Pulaski middle everyday when they go to school or do they attend southwestern high school ? Because to me if they are attending southern Pulaski middle school they are Middle School kids correct ? Doesn't matter what level of basketball they play there middle school kids and are eligible to play .

Since we are discussing giving opinions and this is a forum am going give mine . My opinion is your a southern Pulaski parent and are upset cause you want little junior to shine and he isn't going get to with the 3 so called varsity players coming to play . So your letting jealousy take over . It's tough basketballdad I realize jealousy is a evil thing just sit back and enjoy the ride your kid will be apart of a State championship team and that's something that can never be taken away . Good Luck this weeknd basketballdad to your southern Pulaski warriors .
I dont think nobodies feathers are ruffled. Just hard to understand why it bothers you so bad that 28 of your 30 post are about this. Its middle school kids playing middle school ball. no rule that if you are so good you cant play. From reading all your past post I also think your a southern parent. after christmas tourny is when you started all this before that you was talking about how good these boys was and southern
The only thing I would question is coach Wright would take the risk of losing one of them at a middle school game. Wish them the best of luck, but I would say it is a state tourney and want to see the best. No way would I risk it. I do agree that others are catching up. I think many will compete if they get a chance with their draw
centralky Wrote:OJ averaged 23 points as a 7th grader on varsity and played in the middle school state as well.

Just wondering, where did he go to middle school?
One of UK's players started varsity his 8th grade year and led his middle school team to being 8th grade state champs at KBA. His name is Domonique Hawkins and played for Madison Middle while playing varsity for Madison Central.
wait a second domonique hawkins the same hawkins that led madison central to the state high school championship? no way, that should be protested. that aint right. What about all the other little johnnys, they didnt get a fair chance to win. some people have alot of nerve. lmbo
I commend the Southern Pulaski team, all twelve players, for what they have accomplished. They set a goal of being undefeated throughout their three years of middle school and winning the KBA State Championship all three years.

They have an opportunity to obtain these goals this weekend. To my knowledge, this will be the first and very likely the only group of boys from the state of Kentucky, who have ever accomplished this feat. Last year's Southern Pulaski team, I believe, was the first to win three straight KBA State Championships. They finished 114-3 over their three years of middle school.

I would also commend Coach Wright for allowing the boys to pursue their goals while also allowing them to improve their skills by playing on the highschool level. He could have said "no", but he recognized the once in a lifetime opportunity the team had going into the year. Coach Wright has worked well with Coach Fitzgerald, both this year and last year, in allowing the three boys to practice and earn playing time on the JV and Varsity teams. This will only help Southwestern Highschool build a strong program for many years to come.

Good luck Southern Pulaski in your quest this weekend. Hope you are able to bring home the Championship.