Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hazard 59 Perry Central 56
Tuff loss for Perry. Need to regroup and focus on getting to state. Congrats to hazard. Heck of a win!
Hazard - 59
Perry Central - 56

Hazard - 17 - 14 - 12 - 16 = 59
Perry - 10 - 20 - 11 - 12 = 56

Hazard - Hudson 13, Thompson 12, Hollan 12, Mobelini 8, Wells 5, Hardy 5, Hall 4

Perry - Johnson 21, Neace 11, Beverly 8, Tobler 7, Turner 3, Toomer 3

23 - fouls against Hazard - Mobelini 5, Hall 5, Thompson 4, Hollan 4, Hudson 3, Wells 2

17 - fouls against Perry - Tobler 4, Toomer 3, Johnson 3, Fugate 2, Beverly 2, Pray 2, Neace 1

Bulldogs were the better team tonight!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Anyway..
Congrats to the Dawgs on a well deserved win.

Their defense made Braxton a secondary player and I think it won them the game.

If he would have went for the ball and pushed the issue I think he could have fouled out Wells, Thompson and Hardy by himself
Congrats BULLDOGS!!!
kentuckyfan Wrote:22 and 17 for Johnson, played his heart out. Hudson had 8 points... So there's that.

The important thing is the final score !!!!:flame::Cheerlead:flame::Cheerlead:flame::biglmao::biglmao:
Be a different ballgame at Perry the next 2 weeks Perry a 15 point better team at Home and only played 5 Home games all year, They be the team to beat next week. It dont matter what happen last night or at Cordia or at Knott Its hard to win at Perry
This was one of the best games I've ever watched and been in the stands for. The atmosphere in that place was unbelievable. Just goes to show how big this rivalry ALWAYS will be and how big basketball is here in the mountains. Loved it!

Hazard was the better team and that's with key players in foul trouble. The fouls Hudson had down low were very, very questionable. He was straight up? Coaches teach to play straight up to avoid fouls yet refs see things otherwise? Don't understand. Hollan is one of the most exciting and better players I've seen in a while. He's banged up with injuries and diving for loose balls and taking contact on drives to the rim. Thompson came up big with crucial drives and Hudson manned the middle holding his own. Great win for hazard this is a scary team and matchup for anyone in the region tournament.

Perry brings Tobler and Neace in and the game changes drastically. Tobler may not be as talented as Johnson, Hall, Hudson but his motor is so high and with the energy he brings I'd play that kid every minute of every game. Beverly struggled but that kid will bounce back. His dribble pull up is nice. Johnson has to develop a mid range game and be able to take guys off the dribble. He can rebound with anyone and this was one of the better games I've seen him have. He played well and ya hate to see a great game end with a travel. But it was an obvious walk.

These two may meet again and I can only hope so. Great game!
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Wburg got a T before there game with Corbin because kids were dunking when the refs walked out.
I don't know anyone else who doesn't know that rule.

It's a rare official that ever calls it, though. Most will casually wander onto the floor and pretend they didn't see it, and give the kids notice that they are now watching, they're no longer in the dressing room. No one wants to begin a game with technical free throws, especially the refs. 99% of them won't make that warm up dunk call. This game must have had the other 1%.
Good game to watch. The chemistry seems to be clicking for Hazard. Perry Central still has the capabilities of beating anyone in the region by double digits on the right night. When Tobler and Johnson are on the floor at the same time, they are tough to handle. Beverly has to get more shots....I know that is easier said than done since he is chased and double teamed constantly.

The combined PCC/HHS choir was a nice touch. As well as the collection for the Hoskins and Blank scholarships.
Hazard has something that no other team in the region has. BIG AL!!! The best coach in the region hands down.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:It's a rare official that ever calls it, though. Most will casually wander onto the floor and pretend they didn't see it, and give the kids notice that they are now watching, they're no longer in the dressing room. No one wants to begin a game with technical free throws, especially the refs. 99% of them won't make that warm up dunk call. This game must have had the other 1%.

It's like this I didn't see the dunk...But I did see the ref's come out on the Corbin end of warm-up...sure the Corbin player seen the ref's.?And Williamsburg player had their back to the ref's...On a side note Williamsburg has one player that can dunk.this call could be call 100% of the time.Ref's should walk out blind folded to half court.In stead of walking threw the red sea of Corbin fan high fivein an shaking hands....A joke call now I will move on.If and when Williamsburg gets beat out..I will be watching the 14th region at the PALACE. :truestory:
KyGurl Wrote:The important thing is the final score !!!!:flame::Cheerlead:flame::Cheerlead:flame::biglmao::biglmao:
That's why they keep score LOL . Perry whined when Knott took them to the wood shed, wanted to leave when Cordia beat em. They want to cry about A skirmish to deflect the wood shed beating that cordia handed out at one time the dores were down by 20. What they need to do is lace em up an play. I would say Knott would love an opening game with perry they have proved time an time again that Perry is no match!!!!!!!
Didn't see this one coming.
harvey updike Wrote:That's why they keep score LOL . Perry whined when Knott took them to the wood shed, wanted to leave when Cordia beat em. They want to cry about A skirmish to deflect the wood shed beating that cordia handed out at one time the dores were down by 20. What they need to do is lace em up an play. I would say Knott would love an opening game with perry they have proved time an time again that Perry is no match!!!!!!!

No one is whining about anything.
At least we aren't completely oblivious to the world around us.
I'm well aware that Knott is the best team right now and they are the defending champs... but proved time and time again that Perry is no match?
Gimme' a break and open your eyes.

This year Knott beat Perry.
Last year Perry beat twice and Knott beat them once.
The year before that Perry beat Knott the only time they played.
The year before that Perry beat them both times they played.
Knott led the series 2-1 the year before.
Perry led 3-1 the year before that.

Like I said... I'm aware the Pats are the champs and they're the best.

But if I were the Pats I would worry about bringing my A-game if they have to play the Commodores again - because whenever they play Perry, more often than not, they lose.
That is a technical foul! What's your point?
Johnson did not walk. He caught the ball, established his pivot foot, dribbled, and established his pivot foot again. Wrong call in my opinion.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Wburg got a T before there game with Corbin because kids were dunking when the refs walked out.
I don't know anyone else who doesn't know that rule.

You would think this late in the year coaches and players would be on the same page about this mysterious rule.... It is March :Shaking: