Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 21 Jenkins 14
Hey Alfus..What was you saying to me in an earlier post about this game?
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Hey Alfus..What was you saying to me in an earlier post about this game?

alfus21 Wrote:I was wrong on this one

Can you not read?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(Alfus21)..Quote...
I've kept quiet about the game until now, and I've gotta say that with people saying Jenkins is going to win, that Pikeville will probably come out firing on all cylinders and blow them away.

Pikeville is still Pikeville, and Jenkins is still Jenkins.

Don't expect much of a game from this one. Pikeville in a big way......(Alfus21)

Yeah..I read that ....And BOY WAS YOU WRONG! And there is your proof since you always try to get people to back it up.....All I am going to say!!!
And in ending..Jenkins is not Jenkins anymore....
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:(Alfus21)..Quote...
I've kept quiet about the game until now, and I've gotta say that with people saying Jenkins is going to win, that Pikeville will probably come out firing on all cylinders and blow them away.

Pikeville is still Pikeville, and Jenkins is still Jenkins.

Don't expect much of a game from this one. Pikeville in a big way......(Alfus21)

Yeah..I read that ....And BOY WAS YOU WRONG! And there is your proof since you always try to get people to back it up.....All I am going to say!!!
And in ending..Jenkins is not Jenkins anymore....

Wow, that's a page out of my book right there, but I admitted I was wrong so it's moot point to bring it up after that.

By the way, Jenkins is still Jenkins because they lost. No matter what the score.

The scoreboard says it all.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nice Aflus..Way to show some class pal..Unreal....
Panther Thunder Wrote:I'm not questioning Jenkins effort they played a great game, but I'm disappointed with Pikeville effort and heart that they showed. If Pikeville's offenSe is so obvious then why did Daniel Harmon run for over 180 yards? Pikeville is used to make the playoffs and i congradulate you on it, but at Pikeville more is expected and no one is doubting Jenkins's effort, but Pikeville did not play smart football tonite.
Harmon is just a great player all around. Jenkins played there heart out but i belive they have a lil more bunched inside. Harmon can break tackels and make plays happen. As far as Pikevilles attitude goes.... lol its awful. i remember #80 from PHS was talkin the most smack and he didnt even start.. well it didnt look like it...his jersey was pretty clean. They talk way too much stuff. I might have seen 2 or 3 players with desent attitudes... #57 ....well maybe just one. But i def. dont think there state caliber teams. They could go to state, but i personally think hazard can beat them if thay play ball.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Nice Aflus..Way to show some class pal..Unreal....

You asked for it, and you got it. The truth.

I mean I'm glad to see Jenkins competing this season, but they still lost anyways. You quote me from the prediction thread, and rub it in, and then it's unreal when I say I was wrong, and then say that Jenkins still lost which is true.
Doesn't seem too unreal to me.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
All-American Lineman Wrote:Yeah Jenkins played hard and jenkins has really stepped up

yea they have
Does anyone have any stats on the peneltys in this game?
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Does anyone have any stats on the peneltys in this game?

I herd Pikeville had alot
I think Congrats should go to Jenkins for their play! Yes, Pikeville is Pikeville, they were supposed to win big, and while they won, it was not big. Pikeville didn't show much in this game. You have to hand it to Jenkins for stepping it up and making it close.
Jenkins had an inadvertent whistle that killed them after they had a sweep that put them inside of the 20 because a guy in stripes panicked a blew it right off after a Pikeville player facemasked a Jenkins player. Jenkins shot themselves in the foot all night! Was a GREAT game to watch and Jenkins had them on the ropes and just couldn't knock them out....MIght have another chance to in a couple of weeks if they take care of business this week against Allen Central! Keep working Cavs..No way can we overlook the Rebs because they will want it just as bad as you do! One last comment, I have NEVER heard a more smack-talking team than Pikeville...
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Jenkins had an inadvertent whistle that killed them after they had a sweep that put them inside of the 20 because a guy in stripes panicked a blew it right off after a Pikeville player facemasked a Jenkins player. Jenkins shot themselves in the foot all night! Was a GREAT game to watch and Jenkins had them on the ropes and just couldn't knock them out....MIght have another chance to in a couple of weeks if they take care of business this week against Allen Central! Keep working Cavs..No way can we overlook the Rebs because they will want it just as bad as you do! One last comment, I have NEVER heard a more smack-talking team than Pikeville...
Jenkins wasn't killed by an inadvertant whistle...the penalty that was taken away by the whistle was holding against Jenkins.
Jenkins was penalized five times, Pikeville 12 penalties...Who was shot in the foot more???
Both teams played sloppily but officiating and penalties were not a factor in this game.
Jenkins just seemed to want it more.
Im looking for foward to another chance in the playoffs
What happened to the Pikeville team that played Belfry? IMO that Pikeville team was the best team we have played this year. Wake up guys Belfry needs you now. Go out and get some intensity. Play with the effort you played against Belfry and Im telling you taht you guys have a shot. You have probably the best RB we played against (along with the kid from Ashland) step up wake up and play with some fire.
The fact is that the PHS offense is terrible, they have all kinds of talent but don't know where to use it, sounds like a coaching problem to me. If it wasn't for Michael Copley and his defense the whole season would be screwed.
Pikeville must have slept through this game......good game by Jenkins.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

It didnt turn out near what I expected it to be. I was surprised. Congrats to Pikeville for the win but also congrats to Jenkins for what I hear was a hard fought game. Penalties can be a huge pain.
Pikeville ,,well some Pikeville fans,sound like Florida Gator football fans.They think they have a better breed of humans and are superior in every way.They will say Why how could we lose to those those little people from Jenkins.Listen how arrogantly some say that,,,its right down funny,,if they really believe there automatically better cause they go to Pikeville.Man lack of respect for any team you play is one of the most basic musts for a team.I just hope the players dont read that kind of crap.
Congrats to Pikeville and to Jenkind for bing 2 and 6.
Old school Dawg Wrote:Pikeville ,,well some Pikeville fans,sound like Florida Gator football fans.They think they have a better breed of humans and are superior in every way.They will say Why how could we lose to those those little people from Jenkins.Listen how arrogantly some say that,,,its right down funny,,if they really believe there automatically better cause they go to Pikeville.Man lack of respect for any team you play is one of the most basic musts for a team.I just hope the players dont read that kind of crap.
hahaha thats exactly how they act and its pitiful.
That is how the team went in there. Feeling they were just that much better and the players wern't focused at all. But even with that mentallity, they still got the win.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old school Dawg Wrote:Pikeville ,,well some Pikeville fans,sound like Florida Gator football fans.They think they have a better breed of humans and are superior in every way.They will say Why how could we lose to those those little people from Jenkins.Listen how arrogantly some say that,,,its right down funny,,if they really believe there automatically better cause they go to Pikeville.Man lack of respect for any team you play is one of the most basic musts for a team.I just hope the players dont read that kind of crap.

Well, over the past two decades Pikeville has had better players to use, that's just the facts. Now, I'm not saying that is the case anymore, obviously it's not but you can't tell me that year in and year out that the Panthers don't line up better players than Jenkins. My hat's off to Jenkins, trust me, the way they played and the outcome of the game supports that, but that was due to their heart and determination to play the game. Pikeville's ideology of "we're Pikeville, bow to us," is stupid because no one team can take any game off and on any gvien Friday, any team can beat defeated, including the mighty Panthers. The motto at Pikeville every year is a state championship and nothing less. Some perceive that as cockiness while those who know something about football realize it's confidence. It's nothing against those other teams, but if your team itself doesn't believe that every game you play you're going to win, then you shouldn't even be strapping them up and going out to play.
I really don't think that anyone from Pikeville thinks the way that you say they do Dcrazy12. Has anyone from Pikeville ever said "we're Pikeville, bow to us". It's people like you and others that say things about Pikeville like that, that gives Pikeville that reputation. The fact is that Jenkins wanted it more than Pikeville did and Jenkins played well. The end. Enough said.
3Sportfun Wrote:I really don't think that anyone from Pikeville thinks the way that you say they do Dcrazy12. Has anyone from Pikeville ever said "we're Pikeville, bow to us". It's people like you and others that say things about Pikeville like that, that gives Pikeville that reputation. The fact is that Jenkins wanted it more than Pikeville did and Jenkins played well. The end. Enough said.

Did I ever say that people from Pikeville actually say that "we're Pikeville, bow to us,"? NO, I suggested it was this year's team ideology and attitude about how they look at teams like Jenkins. Not every Pikeville team was like that, and I said that ideology was stupid. Trust me, not every team that has come through Pikeville walks on the field and expects the other team to just lay down. That's just retarted, and as far as Pikeville's reputation on the football field, look at the numbers of the pre-Jackson era and that will answer any question you have. I don't agree with the path the current Panther team is heading and am simply stating things need to be changed before things really get out of hand.
Dcrazy12 Wrote:Did I ever say that people from Pikeville actually say that "we're Pikeville, bow to us,"? NO, I suggested it was this year's team ideology and attitude about how they look at teams like Jenkins. Not every Pikeville team was like that, and I said that ideology was stupid. Trust me, not every team that has come through Pikeville walks on the field and expects the other team to just lay down. That's just retarted, and as far as Pikeville's reputation on the football field, look at the numbers of the pre-Jackson era and that will answer any question you have. I don't agree with the path the current Panther team is heading and am simply stating things need to be changed before things really get out of hand.
I wonder what offense the Pikeville Jr Hi team is running???
The Jackson wing-t???
I have seen them play and and they run some of the same things as the varsity, but in times of need they mix it up and run plays according to personel.
Dcrazy12 Wrote:I have seen them play and and they run some of the same things as the varsity, but in times of need they mix it up and run plays according to personel.
Maybe the Jr Hi Coach could suggest that to Jackson.
congrats to pikeville on the win, but more important way to stay in the game jenkins and make it a great game to watch. 6-0 in the first half and then hanging in there for the 21-14 final. and the j.v. was never put in for pikeville. all the people in jenkins are proud of you boys, just keep it up next week. 21-14 final... thats great for jenkins to be playing pikeville!!!!!!!
Well...the Panthers clearly did not come ready to play and overlooked Jenkins. Now, that being said, this was not a fairly officiated game. Pikeville had 12 penalties....one of the unsportsmanlike penalties, there were several, was called on a Pikeville teammate yelling at another member of his team. How can you throw a flag on that? Also, the Jenkins players were throwing late hits without there being any calls. FYI, not all Pikeville people and not all members of this team have that philosophy of Pikeville being better than everybody. That, however, is something dubbed to us by people surrounding us. I'll admit this team does have some discipline issues, and I don't blame the coaching staff. They have a few corrupting a whole. If the Panthers do not get on track, Jenkins wont see them again because Hazard will pass the ball and still have no faith in the Panther secondary. Pikeville needs to wake up...FAST.