Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell County getting Turf
I remember going there in like 88 or 89 in the then coke cola classic with Madisonville against Bell..
Turf is way better
All the grading work is done and turf should start to go down this week.
jamesodom45 Wrote:Turf is way better

What is better about turf?
TopCat Wrote:All the grading work is done and turf should start to go down this week.

How long does it take to install it?
I'm excited that bell county can possibly start hosting some middle school football region championships. It has to be a place with turf and Corbin usually has to travel to letcher central or Johnson central to play the region games.
I have a picture if I can get it to load
pjdoug Wrote:How long does it take to install it?

Not long at all now. All the work is in the grading and support. I can't wait to see it when it's finished.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:I'm excited that bell county can possibly start hosting some middle school football region championships. It has to be a place with turf and Corbin usually has to travel to letcher central or Johnson central to play the region games.

that is an advantage but I hate to see the elements taken out of play Smile
Haha you are probably some of the same people that always said we watered down the field!!! J/k

The only real element taken out is mud. Unless they are installing a bubble over the field I think the rain will still play a role.
TopCat Wrote:Haha you are probably some of the same people that always said we watered down the field!!! J/k

The only real element taken out is mud. Unless they are installing a bubble over the field I think the rain will still play a role.

probably not.mud is the main element.I've never seen people wading through water on a turf field. does it hold water or drain off? Smile
Objective Wrote:I have a picture if I can get it to load

I cant wait to see what it looks like.I bet its nice.
pjdoug Wrote:probably not.mud is the main element.I've never seen people wading through water on a turf field. does it hold water or drain off? Smile
They hold a small amount. If anything they do get a little slick but not like mud. Glad to see Bell go to turf. Usually by the time HC plays them they are playing on brown grass Confusednicker:
pjdoug Wrote:I cant wait to see what it looks like.I bet its nice.
Will look good up on the hill where its at.
It has to be a place with turf because they play four games in one day at the region championships.
Demarcus ware Wrote:They hold a small amount. If anything they do get a little slick but not like mud. Glad to see Bell go to turf. Usually by the time HC plays them they are playing on brown grass Confusednicker:

HC/BC is always the last game of the season, so it's always late......
I have heard they overdone the drains, which is a good thing. I drove by the other day when it was pouring and I couldn't see any water standing? However I didn't get out of the car to inspect closer.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=380226068849803&set=a.325676670971410.1073741829.100005872389746&type=1

Here's that picture only way I could post was a link
Granny Bear Wrote:HC/BC is always the last game of the season, so it's always late......
Yeah I know, thats why I said that. Now we dont have to see that ugly brown, they'll have a good looking field.
Always kind of thought of Bell as a team that got better the worse the conditions. Mud and mayhelm seemed to fit their style.
Mud and mayhem IS football. LOL
They started putting down the turf today
From the pics Ive seen from a Bell Co Friend, they should have most of the turf down today. Then have to do Numbering and logo, which takes a while.
The blue endzone is showing through when I stopped by at lunchtime.

[Image: http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r161/...xfk9z3.jpg]
The big highwall with a small seam of coal in the background is awesome!
TopCat Wrote:The blue endzone is showing through when I stopped by at lunchtime.

[Image: http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r161/...xfk9z3.jpg]

it looks good but would look better without the track :biggrin:
pjdoug Wrote:it looks good but would look better without the track :biggrin:

Agreed but the only place they could have moved a track to is the side of that high wall, and to my knowledge there isn't anyone in this state that can run up a wall or stand sideways on it lol.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Agreed but the only place they could have moved a track to is the side of that high wall, and to my knowledge there isn't anyone in this state that can run up a wall or stand sideways on it lol.

good point.I've walked to a lot of high walls in my days and always had to take the long way around them because I couldnt stand sideways on them lol
Did anybody notice someone curved out a mans face with a mullet into that mountain lol
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Did anybody notice someone curved out a mans face with a mullet into that mountain lol

Will it be named re-named to Mullet Mountain?Confusednicker: