Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All Time Top #10
EKUAlum05 Wrote:You are out of your mind.

You are honestly trying to compare Hall to guys like Lorenzan, Redman, Sims, Couch, and Brohm? Guys who reached the NFL and has stellar college careers?

For that matter are you even putting him in the same class as guys like Woodson and Guidugli who went on to have great careers at the D1 level? Has Hall even received a D1 offer yet?

If two straight State Finals is all it takes to be considered one of the best players ever then the list of the All-Time great at QB is about 100 players deep. Heck Brandon Smith from Boyle laughs at Hall's resume in a 6 Class System if that is the case.

This is very true. Every Qb from Mayfield, Highlands, Trinity, Belfry, Central, NCC, Bowling green from the last several years would be considered an all time great if going to multiple state games is the only requirement, and there are many other teams to.from the past to like Danville, and beechwood. Lord knows how many high school Qb's in this state has multiple rings.
Hall is a great player, but not even the best to come out of Somerset in the last 10 years. That would go to John Cole, who deserves mention on this list as well IMO.
Maroon State Champs Wrote:You know nothing about football, hall is one of the top Qb in ky football history. If the maroons go to state which I am sure they will it will be three finals in a row how many did Tim couch have?
Well there went your credibility. Like someone else said he's not even the best to come out of somerset, or the south and especially the state. Don't make it sound like he single handed won a state title.
mysonis55 Wrote:Moss was as I stated. MayfieldCardinal can probably post us some proof of that. As I understand it he even had some of the big time coaches fly in to MHS on a helicopter to visit him.

You got handled 55. Ive heard people mention he was number 2 rb, but don't know if the story got twisted or what. Pikeville had the story of being nationally ranked 1 year, but that was disproved as they weren't even top 10 in the state that year. Wonder if this is a similar situation where someone said something like he is 2nd best rb in the state then next thing you know the story changes to 2nd best in the nation. He aint on the list shown, but id be curious if there was a recruiting service that had him that high, but until I see 1 that has him that high I don't know if ill believe it. I have seen the all American list with joe casey from Tilghman on it along side of Adrian Peterson, but no one has ever produced anything that backs up that claim of Marcus Moss being no. 2
I'm gonna throw Michael West from Lawrence County and JJ Jude from Johnson Central in there if we are just talking high school careers. Maybe Arlis Beach from Ashland and I think Hatfield from Belfry is making my personal list just because I loved the way he played.
He won it.. 1 guy won a state title in fb? Are you kidding
killbilly usmc Wrote:You got handled 55. Ive heard people mention he was number 2 rb, but don't know if the story got twisted or what. Pikeville had the story of being nationally ranked 1 year, but that was disproved as they weren't even top 10 in the state that year. Wonder if this is a similar situation where someone said something like he is 2nd best rb in the state then next thing you know the story changes to 2nd best in the nation. He aint on the list shown, but id be curious if there was a recruiting service that had him that high, but until I see 1 that has him that high I don't know if ill believe it. I have seen the all American list with joe casey from Tilghman on it along side of Adrian Peterson, but no one has ever produced anything that backs up that claim of Marcus Moss being no. 2

Thank you killbilly. Most Mayfield fans are reasonable. And you are a Mayfield homer and that's fine. I wasn't attacking Mayfield. I was pointing out sloppy "facts" by 55 which he usually posts. That "guy" was in Athlon magazine which back then was the main recruiting source for many years. There are at least 10 rbs in that list and Moss isn't on there. I'm not saying he wasn't awesome. He was. Just wasn't No. 2 RB in the nation.
Ghostofjoey Wrote:Thank you killbilly. Most Mayfield fans are reasonable. And you are a Mayfield homer and that's fine. I wasn't attacking Mayfield. I was pointing out sloppy "facts" by 55 which he usually posts. That "guy" was in Athlon magazine which back then was the main recruiting source for many years. There are at least 10 rbs in that list and Moss isn't on there. I'm not saying he wasn't awesome. He was. Just wasn't No. 2 RB in the nation.

Well ive heard it said many times he was no. 2. Heck I told someone at work a few days ago this, but now just wonder if the story got stretched alittle. Ive heard Bear Bryant, and Joe Paterno came to see him, but if no one can show anything that shows him ranked high on college recruiting list ill just take it that the story was exaggerated a bit. I wouldn't be surprised if those 2 coaches did fly in to see him. I hear Nick Saban came, and seen Elijah Sindelar from Caldwell a year or 2 ago, but that doesn't make him the no. 2 QB. I think he was ranked around no. 20. I cant nock 55 since ive heard it said many times. Just figured since I rode Pikeville like seabiscuit when there hometown story was disproven it wouldn't be right to guarantee this one true unless someone can prove it. I just wish I could see game video of moss. Mayfieldcardinals.net doesn't have any games on it that goes back to his days.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:You are out of your mind.

You are honestly trying to compare Hall to guys like Lorenzan, Redman, Sims, Couch, and Brohm? Guys who reached the NFL and has stellar college careers?

For that matter are you even putting him in the same class as guys like Woodson and Guidugli who went on to have great careers at the D1 level? Has Hall even received a D1 offer yet?

If two straight State Finals is all it takes to be considered one of the best players ever then the list of the All-Time great at QB is about 100 players deep. Heck Brandon Smith from Boyle laughs at Hall's resume in a 6 Class System if that is the case.

Is this a thread about the best high school players in ky history? High school is the key word, not NFL or college? The qb's you mention are in top 10 and so is state champ riley hall
RoShamBo Wrote:Hall is a great player, but not even the best to come out of Somerset in the last 10 years. That would go to John Cole, who deserves mention on this list as well IMO.

That is laughable. Hall has two state final appearances and a state title and will have two when it is all said and done. How many does cole have? Thank you
Maroon State Champs Wrote:Is this a thread about the best high school players in ky history? High school is the key word, not NFL or college? The qb's you mention are in top 10 and so is state champ riley hall

:Thumbs:
Saban did not come up to see Sindelar. Sindelar did go down to a camp at 'Bama and Saban took Sindelar and two other QBs to a separate facility and worked them out individually. Hugh Freeze did visit Princeton on two occasions though.
Maroon State Champs Wrote:Is this a thread about the best high school players in ky history? High school is the key word, not NFL or college? The qb's you mention are in top 10 and so is state champ riley hall

Typically the best HS players have their talents translate to the next level and beyond.

Hall is a quality HS player for sure.. but he is more a product of Hines' offensive philosophy and the success reaped in a 6 Class System more than anything.

As I said,,, as it stands now Hall probably isn't even considered one of the 10 best players to come out of Southern Kentucky... let alone all-time throughout the State.

Here are 10 High School QB's...tell me who Hall was better than and should be ranked ahead of and why:

Tim Couch
Jared Lorenzan
Gino Guidugli
Phil Simms
Brian Brohm
Jeff Brohm
Brandon Smith
Antonio Andrews
Patrick Towels
Gerry Ahrens
Ghostofjoey Wrote:Saban did not come up to see Sindelar. Sindelar did go down to a camp at 'Bama and Saban took Sindelar and two other QBs to a separate facility and worked them out individually. Hugh Freeze did visit Princeton on two occasions though.

You are probably right. I work with a lot of people from Caldwell, and have heard he went to the high school to see him, then someone else said no Saban went to Sindelars house. The stories get so ridiculous sometimes I don't know what to believe anymore. At least I did see that Damian Harris was ranked no. 2 rb by espn rankings at the end of last season. He was actually no. 1 for awhile. From now on im going to reserve judgement till I see proof on these kinds of statements. It seems every hometown has these stories of someone being the top in the nation, and no one can ever show proof just "well ive heard a lot of people around town say he was". 55 give it up me, and you abused jetpilot, and EKU bad for stating Pikeville was no. 1 in Kentucky in 87, and nationally ranked when we was shown they wasn't even close to no.1 in the state, so we have to take our turn since someone shown proof Moss wasn't that highly ranked, unless you can show another recruiting source that states otherwise.
Maroon State Champs Wrote:That is laughable. Hall has two state final appearances and a state title and will have two when it is all said and done. How many does cole have? Thank you

John Cole holds pretty much every receiving record in the state. How many records does Hall hold? You're welcome.
What about Jacob Tamme from Boyle Co. He plays for the Broncos and used to for the Colts. Another great one.
killbilly usmc Wrote:You are probably right. I work with a lot of people from Caldwell, and have heard he went to the high school to see him, then someone else said no Saban went to Sindelars house. The stories get so ridiculous sometimes I don't know what to believe anymore. At least I did see that Damian Harris was ranked no. 2 rb by espn rankings at the end of last season. He was actually no. 1 for awhile. From now on im going to reserve judgement till I see proof on these kinds of statements. It seems every hometown has these stories of someone being the top in the nation, and no one can ever show proof just "well ive heard a lot of people around town say he was". 55 give it up me, and you abused jetpilot, and EKU bad for stating Pikeville was no. 1 in Kentucky in 87, and nationally ranked when we was shown they wasn't even close to no.1 in the state, so we have to take our turn since someone shown proof Moss wasn't that highly ranked, unless you can show another recruiting source that states otherwise.
In his defense.... 55 loves him some Paducah Tilghman and if Joe Casey had his head screwed on straight I have no doubt we could be debating Casey would have been one of the all-timers.
killbilly usmc Wrote:This is very true. Every Qb from Mayfield, Highlands, Trinity, Belfry, Central, NCC, Bowling green from the last several years would be considered an all time great if going to multiple state games is the only requirement, and there are many other teams to.from the past to like Danville, and beechwood. Lord knows how many high school Qb's in this state has multiple rings.

Winning the smallest class in the state is no big deal. Hall won the state title for the second largest class in the state. 1 A is a joke and so are you loser
RoShamBo Wrote:John Cole holds pretty much every receiving record in the state. How many records does Hall hold? You're welcome.

Hall has the most important record, 1 State title and Cole, 0. Cole had records because they threw it to him all the time. He was okay,he was no hall. Thank you champless jumper.
Keep thinking that. You beat a team in the finals by 1 touchdown. That small class winner beat the team you beat by 3 touchdowns on their own field. They didn't even score against the small class winner.
mysonis55 Wrote:Keep thinking that. You beat a team in the finals by 1 touchdown. That small class winner beat the team you beat by 3 touchdowns on their own field. They didn't even score against the small class winner.

Graves was not the same team when they played your little class a school. They were injured, when we whooped them they were healthy and much better. They made adjustments and Crider was a hundred percent. Glad to see you guys go to the big bad 2a your getting closer to big boy ball.
Wrong again. They didn't have a single injury that game. I think we are the only school that held Crider to under 100 yards.
I sure wouldn't say we whooped someone if we beat them by 7 points.
mysonis55 Wrote:Wrong again. They didn't have a single injury that game. I think we are the only school that held Crider to under 100 yards.

They had several, crider was not 100 percent.
mysonis55 Wrote:I sure wouldn't say we whooped someone if we beat them by 7 points.

We dominated them but had several turnovers meanwhile you got lucky to win by 1 over Williamsburg . But you are the tiny 1A champs good job.
Maroon State Champs Wrote:We dominated them but had several turnovers meanwhile you got lucky to win by 1 over Williamsburg . But you are the tiny 1A champs good job.

Thank you. Take a good look at 55's avatar. You see all those state trophies. We will talk when you get that many.
Maroon State Champs Wrote:They had several, crider was not 100 percent.

Ill give you one thing you are entertaining. You really play like you know a lot about graves status in the Mayfield game.
Kill billy,

Here's the 1978 Class AA state title game when Marcus Moss was a sophomore. At the 2:22 mark, Moss scores Mayfield's first TD from about 45 yards out. Then two plays later, Somerset's Pete Venable takes one to the house from about 70 yards out:

Great video.. thanks for sharing.

Loved seeing the way the EKU field was painted and the fonts used as well.
Old Jumper Wrote:Kill billy,

Here's the 1978 Class AA state title game when Marcus Moss was a sophomore. At the 2:22 mark, Moss scores Mayfield's first TD from about 45 yards out. Then two plays later, Somerset's Pete Venable takes one to the house from about 70 yards out:

That was painful to watch another reminder of jumper state final failure .