Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Powell Vs Owsley
this game is over an done with. You cant go back and change calls or what players did so i say we just drop it before anyone gets offended
Owsley won tonight 62-58.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:Owsley won tonight 62-58.
the played a ok ball game powell played good at frist and them lost there heads the way they acted after they won was uncalled for they where runing up the hall baning on the lockerroom door smaking the wall that just shows where there r from
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:Owsley won tonight 62-58.

Amen, that was the worst called game I've SEEN in a LONG TIME. If anyone from Powell starts crying about the ref's, sorry to say that you are in the WRONG!!!! Owsley had to play AGAINST 8 (eight) People out there tonight. (5 players, 3 ref's). In the first half alone, Owsley had 1 starter out on the floor and the other 4 on the bench in foul trouble. (C.Combs 3, C.Thacker 4, M.Turner 3, and K.Combs 3 FOULS!!!!!!) J.Murrell had 0, but after the half, she picked 3 up in two minutes time. The Lady Owls had 2 players Foul out. (C.Thacker and K.Combs) I have to say that the Lady Owls DESERVED that win tonight. They didn't quit or give up. They were down at one point around 20 pts. and come back to clain the win! So Congrats to the Lady Owls on there win! :letsparty :Thumbs:
i agree with ballgurl00.. a wins a win... but you dont have to act the way they did.. i know for a fact if powells girls won that game they would not act the way owsley co girls did.. but about the game.. both teams had foul troubles.. the game was very physical.. when points mattered the most ....nothing was goin in on powells side of the court and it seemd like owsley was hittin everything... powell def should have won that game the lady pirates have more talent it just wasnt their night to shine.. all i have to say is the lady owls got lucky and you better be ready for the next game.... go lady pirates
ballgurl00 Wrote:the played a ok ball game powell played good at frist and them lost there heads the way they acted after they won was uncalled for they where runing up the hall baning on the lockerroom door smaking the wall that just shows where there r from

Excuse Me, WHAT is this suppost to mean. I beleive after what the Lady Owls had to go through, they needed to make a little racket!!!!!!! It's not everyday you can beat 5 players and 3 ref's in one day!!!!!!!!!!! Without 2 starting players that was hurt. If you didn't notice, Owsley got shafted tonight, but what more do you expect at Powell Co.
And for your comment on the "that just shows where there r from" honey don't FORGET it. Owsley stands alone and proud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mtnballer Wrote:i agree with ballgurl00.. a wins a win... but you dont have to act the way they did.. i know for a fact if powells girls won that game they would not act the way owsley co girls did.. but about the game.. both teams had foul troubles.. the game was very physical.. when points mattered the most ....nothing was goin in on powells side of the court and it seemd like owsley was hittin everything... powell def should have won that game the lady pirates have more talent it just wasnt their night to shine.. all i have to say is the lady owls got lucky and you better be ready for the next game.... go lady pirates

Don't worry Owsley will be ready. Oh yell, don't forget, you will be in Owsley next come around!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ballgurl00 Wrote:the played a ok ball game powell played good at frist and them lost there heads the way they acted after they won was uncalled for they where runing up the hall baning on the lockerroom door smaking the wall that just shows where there r from
Sounds like they had a good reason to be "baning and smaking" after reading Pickin-N-Grinnin's post.
This might be the most condescending post I have ever read.Rolleyes
Powell
NYY10 Wrote:Powell
Powell what?
Owsley won at Powell 62-59 yesterday.
Ok we know Owsley won. It was a game get over it. The only bad call I seen is when the ref called a double foul on Kendra Combs and Shelby Barnett. He called a block and a charge..? Besides that calls were even. Both teams were in foul trouble. There is no need to blame them. Owsley won. Powell should've but nothing fell for them in the 4th. Owsley acted like they won the 14th.
Congrates to the lady owls last night on there win at Powell..... this game was the worst called game i have ever seen in my life....Powell played well the firt half but owsley didnt give up and fought back and it payed off...Kendra Combs and Corina Thacker both fouled out.Turner had 4,C. Combs had 4, J. Murrell had 4. The JV players played a big roll in the win tonight by stepping up when called on. J. Murrell led the owls with 20 points 10 rebounds. Again congrats to the lady owls on there hard fought victory.
TakeItToThaHouse Wrote:Ok we know Owsley won. It was a game get over it. The only bad call I seen is when the ref called a double foul on Kendra Combs and Shelby Barnett. He called a block and a charge..? Besides that calls were even. Both teams were in foul trouble. There is no need to blame them. Owsley won. Powell should've but nothing fell for them in the 4th. Owsley acted like they won the 14th.

"Owsley acted like they won the 14th" [QUOTE] TakeItToThaHouse

Maybe they did. They probably have read all the multitude of posts on BGR by Powell fans since August explaining about how easily Powell will win the 56th and how they could win the 14th. So a win on Powell's home floor, with most of your team fouled out or in foul trouble, is reason to celebrate.
Shows how much sportsman ship they have
Nothing really matters until tourny time. I wasn't at the game,but I know that Powell has a good team and to beat them on their own court is really something. However this is regular season not tourny time(when it really counts). Cograts to the owls, but I believe they have the wrong person posting comments for them. All this trash talk and acting the way they after the game will just add fuel to the fire when they play later up there and in the tourny. They better watch out because it could just cost them any chances they had to win a 56th championship.
I agree
Powell and Owsley both have talented teams. Maybe Owsley didn't expect a win on the Lady Pirates home court, and when they accomplished a victory, it made them celebrate a little more than usual. Powell is the defending district champs, afterall.
However, making posts with comments such as,"they just got lucky and you better be ready for the next game" and "that just shows where they r from", is a bit over the top, imo.
JustTrying Wrote:Nothing really matters until tourny time. I wasn't at the game,but I know that Powell has a good team and to beat them on their own court is really something. However this is regular season not tourny time(when it really counts). Cograts to the owls, but I believe they have the wrong person posting comments for them. All this trash talk and acting the way they after the game will just add fuel to the fire when they play later up there and in the tourny. They better watch out because it could just cost them any chances they had to win a 56th championship.

All I have to say is every team in our district better watch out because, alot of stuff has been shaken up right now. The way I see it is if anyone can come in at Powell Co. and walk away with a win, hold your head high and proud. In case you didn't notice, Powell is good, and a smart ball club, but I think they got a little to big for there britches last night.
-What's the trash talking after the game, and what's up with the wrong person posting comments for them? Last time I checked this was a free websit to get on, and of in the past there have been alot harsher things said.
TakeItToThaHouse Wrote:Shows how much sportsman ship they have

In case you didn't notice Owsley has good sportsman ship. Every time someone was down on the floor, they were helped up. Yell I seen and hered what went on after the win and that's showing how happy they were. Ya know, Owsley was no the favorite going into that game last night, but I do think they are starting to open a few eyes up. Don't miss understand me, Powell is a good team. Owsley is good as well. Powell had 8 players Owsley had 5, so I beleive that them girls needed to let the whole gym know it. Weather you all can admit it or not, Owsley didn't get NO brakes. The fouls on Powell, were basically make up calls, because the fans were starting to get pretty ticked off at the ref's.
TakeItToThaHouse Wrote:Shows how much sportsman ship they have
I'm confused here.
Celebrating a road victory over the defending district champions, in a district that SEEDS for the post season tournament, is somehow showing a lack of "sportsmanship"?????Rolleyes
Bull hockey!!:dontthink
Your post only illustrares sour grapes imo.Sad
No need to dogpile in the middle of our floor
Sportsmanship is laying includes laying on the floor, beating on Powell's locker room doors...?...
TakeItToThaHouse Wrote:Sportsmanship is laying includes laying on the floor, beating on Powell's locker room doors...?...
I agree that banging on Powell's lockers was not nice.
But laying on the floor celebrating a key district win over the defending district champs isn't tactless, imo.
Actually, Powell fans should feel proud that a victory over their team would result in such exuberance. It shows how good a program they have.
Ok yeah they were excited I can agree with that, but they took it too far.
Alright, Owsley won. It was a hard fought game..Which bad calls where called on both sides. Not just on owsley. And you know what owsley should be happy. They beat a very talented and determined team..on a night that they played their worst. But, a win is a win. And the lady owls went away with that last night. Now to say powell got a little "big in their britches" i dont get? They lead by twenty points got in foul trouble. Owsley also got in foul trouble. But owsley won by 3. Dang powell..why are you so big headed?? And owsley did have a reason to celebrate..but dogpileing in the middle of the floor before shaking the opponets hand, Banging on the other teams locker room doors. Powell won the 56th district last year...when they werent suppost to. And they never acted like that. And i can promise you, you woud never see powell act in such a manner. They are taught to have some respect for their opponents. Not saying owsley wasnt, but by the way they acted you couldnt tell. And for the people on here posting about how powell has posted on how they have a good team an everything..they do have a good team they have only lost2 games..and owsley isnt an easy team to beat. So when i dont understand why people are complaining about the ref's when you all won the game. And for the people from powell that are posting about how they are gonna get beat next time, and telling them to just wait. Dont do that anymore... we will just let them see for themselves Jan 8th when we invade the palace Big Grin
owsley county..... "lets dog pile in the floor.. we actually won a game for once."
and all this stuff bout powell had eight players.. honey dont act like the refs were just against owsley cause they didnt call both ways...so lose that... and not like any of the players from powell fouled out either... so you cant be like " owsley didnt even have all their starters and they still beat powell"..... yeah you won..... it happens im glad you finally won.. but powell wont let it happen again..
For Owsleys next regular season game ...they will cut the nets down.
TakeItToThaHouse Wrote:For Owsleys next regular season game ...they will cut the nets down.
You think.Smile
Maybe Powell brings out the best in all teams, not just Owsley. They should be proud.:thumpsup:
Maybe Powell does. Or maybe they just had an off night.