Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Notre Dame students plan protest against commencement speaker Pence
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:"Misguided opinion" is in the eye of the beholder. A small group of Americans walked out on a politician's speech as an act of political protest. Whether that politician be liberal or conservative or libertarian, it's quintessentially American.

Ridiculous drivel. Between you acting as if liberalism is next to Godliness, and Nancy Pelosi's warnings that the President's new budget is a "killer" of Americans, it's hard to say which of you two is the bigger doofus.

There is not a lot of difference between what just happened in Manchester, England, and what happened at Notre Dame. In both cases ideological puppet masters were pulling the strings of 'useful idiots,' in order to bring about changes which are always rejected by the general population. In Manchester innocent little girls were slaughtered/victimized, in the name of Radical Islamic extremism, while in South Bend, graduates along with their families and friends were put upon/victimized, for the sake of advancing the agenda of liberal extremism. There is nothing to do with the rational process of government in either case.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:"Misguided opinion" is in the eye of the beholder. A small group of Americans walked out on a politician's speech as an act of political protest. Whether that politician be liberal or conservative or libertarian, it's quintessentially American.

no - quintessentially American is being respectful and polite for a diverse view point not drawing attention to your "specialness"
nky Wrote:no - quintessentially American is being respectful and polite for a diverse view point not drawing attention to your "specialness"

You folk love to trot out that "specialness" line. No, friendo, political protest is quintessentially American. Read the Constitution.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:You folk love to trot out that "specialness" line. No, friendo, political protest is quintessentially American. Read the Constitution.

I have read it. Never saw the word protest in the Constitution, nor have I seen any enshrined admiration for bad tempered and disrespectful hate mongers.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:I have read it. Never saw the word protest in the Constitution, nor have I seen any enshrined admiration for bad tempered and disrespectful hate mongers.

So, now, I guess, the right to assemble for purposes of political protest is not in the Constitution? You are dangerous.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:So, now, I guess, the right to assemble for purposes of political protest is not in the Constitution? You are dangerous.

You said the Constitution names protests as being quintessentially American. Which of course is not true, but in light of the persecution which the inhabitants of the New World had just fled, the same being the authors of the First Amendment then, 'naturally' assumed those protesting would have right on their side. But no legitimate Constitutional scholar ever said there are no restrictions on the right to assemble. To say the Obama drawn connection between what happened in Ferguson has any parallel with petitioning government, (and as we all know that's what they said) is as ludacris as saying property damage and arson are guaranteed rights under the First Amendment.

As I have said, the thought processes which were deemed reasonable or more appropriately 'natural' to the Founders, and such reason continued to be the case up until as recently as the Bill Clinton Administration, have now changed for the sake of special interest groups. The common good is out the window, as George Soros dispatchees are at present protesting outside the Headquarters building of the McDonald's Corporation. Forget the fact that everybody, except likely the protestors themselves, knows McDonald's is a franchise and as such each individual store is a business entity unto itself. There are no across the board pay levels for McDonald's employees owing to individual state minimum wage laws.

In glorifying rioting, arson, property damage and assault, your hero Mr Obama politicized every thing from the Henry Gates affair, to the Trayvon Martin affair, to Occupy Main Street, to Muslim perpetrated violence, to daily life in this nation.

If I'm dangerous because I won't take a big gulp of monkey puke when it's passed around, then so be it. Still better than being the quintessential DNC parrot. I mean, the term bird brain takes on new meaning these days.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
⬆ Thank you for your brief remarks, puddle sifter. Once again, peaceful protest of the powerful IS quintessentially American. In fact, I'm not sure throwing tea in the harbor is peaceful protest. I guess it sort of damaged the goods of the ol' King. However, the idea of civil disobedience and peaceful protest (Thoreau, Ghandi, King) against the injustice of the powerful and the oppressor is thoroughly American, and no amount of puddle sifting and snivelling changes that.
TheRealThing Wrote:Ridiculous drivel. Between you acting as if liberalism is next to Godliness, and Nancy Pelosi's warnings that the President's new budget is a "killer" of Americans, it's hard to say which of you two is the bigger doofus.

There is not a lot of difference between what just happened in Manchester, England, and what happened at Notre Dame. In both cases ideological puppet masters were pulling the strings of 'useful idiots,' in order to bring about changes which are always rejected by the general population. In Manchester innocent little girls were slaughtered/victimized, in the name of Radical Islamic extremism, while in South Bend, graduates along with their families and friends were put upon/victimized, for the sake of advancing the agenda of liberal extremism. There is nothing to do with the rational process of government in either case.

Wait: a small group of folks walk out on a politician's speech: a guy straps on a bomb and kills a bunch of human beings and maims a bunch more. The comparison is parents losing children to a terrorist and some attendees getting annoyed by an act of protest. Further, the propogandists who encourage folks to strap on bombs and blow themselves up and kill a bunch of people can be compared to the organizers of the Notre Dame protest?

You can play in the sandbox alone on this one, Fluffed Peacock.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Wait: a small group of folks walk out on a politician's speech: a guy straps on a bomb and kills a bunch of human beings and maims a bunch more. The comparison is parents losing children to a terrorist and some attendees getting annoyed by an act of protest. Further, the propogandists who encourage folks to strap on bombs and blow themselves up and kill a bunch of people can be compared to the organizers of the Notre Dame protest?

You can play in the sandbox alone on this one, Fluffed Peacock.

Sidestepping, restating the comments of other posters and that self righteous indignation act or yours, do not alter the facts of the matter. In 2008 Radical Islam was on it's heels. Today however, after your hero has played the 'if we ignore them they'll go away' game for 8 years, and now nobody can say they're safe.

You want to speak in disgust about all the terrorists, but your answer to dealing with them is the same as Barack. I know, let's give them the A-bomb, then they'll believe we really like them. :please: Simple Simon has all the answers for those silly enough to follow, right there oh enlightened one?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Sidestepping, restating the comments of other posters and that self righteous indignation act or yours, do not alter the facts of the matter. In 2008 Radical Islam was on it's heels. Today however, after your hero has played the 'if we ignore them they'll go away' game for 8 years, and now nobody can say they're safe.

You want to speak in disgust about all the terrorists, but your answer to dealing with them is the same as Barack. I know, let's give them the A-bomb, then they'll believe we really like them. :please: Simple Simon has all the answers for those silly enough to follow, right there oh enlightened one?

Now, TRT, there you go, O great Pontificater (practicer) of Projection: who said he was "illumined" by the divine? Why, you did. Now, back to the issue at hand: the Notre Dame peaceful protesters have nothing whatsoever in common with the man who strapped a backpack on and blew himself up with murderous design. Simple Simon: hmm... "Duck" "Duck" "Goose"... you're it...the "it" who made a ridiculous comparison.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Now, TRT, there you go, O great Pontificater (practicer) of Projection: who said he was "illumined" by the divine? Why, you did. Now, back to the issue at hand: the Notre Dame peaceful protesters have nothing whatsoever in common with the man who strapped a backpack on and blew himself up with murderous design. Simple Simon: hmm... "Duck" "Duck" "Goose"... you're it...the "it" who made a ridiculous comparison.

Still waiting for you to get back to it. But I'll bet a thrill runs up your leg whenever somebody gets to the goose part. :biggrin:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Still waiting for you to get back to it. But I'll bet a thrill runs up your leg whenever somebody gets to the goose part. :biggrin:

You know what burns my butt?
A flame, about three feet high.

What's thrilling is to see a topic title, read the post, see you highlight something, and completely sift the mud puddle. Now, that's thrilling.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:You know what burns my butt?
A flame, about three feet high.

What's thrilling is to see a topic title, read the post, see you highlight something, and completely sift the mud puddle. Now, that's thrilling.

Sure this wouldn't be a good time to use indentured servitude in a sentence again? Or maybe cite something else that isn't in the Constitution?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:⬆ Thank you for your brief remarks, puddle sifter. Once again, peaceful protest of the powerful IS quintessentially American. In fact, I'm not sure throwing tea in the harbor is peaceful protest. I guess it sort of damaged the goods of the ol' King. However, the idea of civil disobedience and peaceful protest (Thoreau, Ghandi, King) against the injustice of the powerful and the oppressor is thoroughly American, and no amount of puddle sifting and snivelling changes that.
There is nothing quintessentially American about protesting and interfering with a speaker who was invited to speak by a religious organization on private property.

If you want to discuss an example of intolerance and government's infringement of free speech, you need look no further than Cal Berkeley's discriminatory treatment of Ann Coulter. Unlike Notre Dame, Berkeley is a government owned school. There is no limit to liberal hypocrisy.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:There is nothing quintessentially American about protesting and interfering with a speaker who was invited to speak by a religious organization on private property.

If you want to discuss an example of intolerance and government's infringement of free speech, you need look no further than Cal Berkeley's discriminatory treatment of Ann Coulter. Unlike Notre Dame, Berkeley is a government owned school. There is no limit to liberal hypocrisy.

In my view, Cal Berkeley erred in not providing a venue for Coulter. If at a designated time, a group of folks had silently walked out, no problem. Now, to me, here is where rioters, looters, shout'em downers sort of get in the spirit of Sharia law: if the intention be to prohibit speech, or intimidate so as to stop the exercise of free speech, no go. The silent, peaceful walkout I see as quintessentially American. The other as quintessentially unamerican.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:You folk love to trot out that "specialness" line. No, friendo, political protest is quintessentially American. Read the Constitution.
Guess you would be up in arms if the University did something to those "protesting" students
First Amendment - Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:In my view, Cal Berkeley erred in not providing a venue for Coulter. If at a designated time, a group of folks had silently walked out, no problem. Now, to me, here is where rioters, looters, shout'em downers sort of get in the spirit of Sharia law: if the intention be to prohibit speech, or intimidate so as to stop the exercise of free speech, no go. The silent, peaceful walkout I see as quintessentially American. The other as quintessentially unamerican.
l see that you opted for another straw man argument instead of addressing the point that Notre Dame is a private institution, unlike Berkley and most other large universities, which actually are trampling on the constitutional rights of non-liberals.
^^ In order for Sombrero to handle any particular topic, it is necessary for him to 'convert' every circumstance, be it applicable to our founding or to the 24/7 news loop, into the liberal matrix if you will. Thusly moving any conceivable discussion to a familiar and defensible social venue, he is then ready to do business. That's why with him there are no absolutes, LOL, except of course that absolutely everything is relative. And only things that seem to hurt the image of conservatism are taken at face value. While anything and everything, even those things proven mind you, that hurt or expose Dems can with the help of friendly media, be explained away. Thus, Washington DC is seen as both the savior and enforcer of social justice. But the libs go-to conversion scale to that end is in general based in secular humanism, and as such is usually their default setting. However as is oft the case, to maintain any hope of credibility the daily news must be factored in, and that's where the DNC offers up daily talking points.

It's never any coincidence, but Dems came out the morning after release of the US Budget, decrying it as a "killer" of the people. And BTW, not to say that there are no libs at 'FOX' spreading distortions and innuendo, but because some reporters there caused the past administration so much grief, we saw then President Obama and his lieutenants openly slam then at every possible opportunity. Some members of Congress even calling for 'controls' to be imposed on such news entities.

But like all other liberal talking heads, projection ala the "Pee Wee Herman School of--- "I know you are but what am I?" is a favored tactic for deflecting from all of those moments when truth and history have them pinned to the mat. Hence as you point out, the veritable army of straw men standing about. :biggrin:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Hoot Gibson Wrote:l see that you opted for another straw man argument instead of addressing the point that Notre Dame is a private institution, unlike Berkley and most other large universities, which actually are trampling on the constitutional rights of non-liberals.

The walkout at Notre Dame, peaceful protest, was yesterday, is today, and will be tomorrow Constitutionally protected. But, I suspect you know that. It is, of course, not straw to disagree with Berkeley's decision to not give Coulter a platform to speak.
TheRealThing Wrote:Sure this wouldn't be a good time to use indentured servitude in a sentence again? Or maybe cite something else that isn't in the Constitution?

Forum Boy. That's all you are.
TheRealThing Wrote:^^ In order for Sombrero to handle any particular topic, it is necessary for him to 'convert' every circumstance, be it applicable to our founding or to the 24/7 news loop, into the liberal matrix if you will. Thusly moving any conceivable discussion to a familiar and defensible social venue, he is then ready to do business. That's why with him there are no absolutes, LOL, except of course that absolutely everything is relative. And only things that seem to hurt the image of conservatism are taken at face value. While anything and everything, even those things proven mind you, that hurt or expose Dems can with the help of friendly media, be explained away. Thus, Washington DC is seen as both the savior and enforcer of social justice. But the libs go-to conversion scale to that end is in general based in secular humanism, and as such is usually their default setting. However as is oft the case, to maintain any hope of credibility the daily news must be factored in, and that's where the DNC offers up daily talking points.

It's never any coincidence, but Dems came out the morning after release of the US Budget, decrying it as a "killer" of the people. And BTW, not to say that there are no libs at 'FOX' spreading distortions and innuendo, but because some reporters there caused the past administration so much grief, we saw then President Obama and his lieutenants openly slam then at every possible opportunity. Some members of Congress even calling for 'controls' to be imposed on such news entities.

But like all other liberal talking heads, projection ala the "Pee Wee Herman School of--- "I know you are but what am I?" is a favored tactic for deflecting from all of those moments when truth and history have them pinned to the mat. Hence as you point out, the veritable army of straw men standing about. :biggrin:

Thank you, once again, for your brief remarks. You want to continually relate the Notre Dame walkout to the ISIS propogandizing, and then yammer about "truth and history" and a "mat"? That's funny. Where were the words in the Constitution that justified Jim Crow laws? Wait, wait, grand principles of equality and justice, applied at highest common denominator, those brought about change and equality and justice. Just a lot of rot, TRT. Per usual.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Thank you, once again, for your brief remarks. You want to continually relate the Notre Dame walkout to the ISIS propogandizing, and then yammer about "truth and history" and a "mat"? That's funny. Where were the words in the Constitution that justified Jim Crow laws? Wait, wait, grand principles of equality and justice, applied at highest common denominator, those brought about change and equality and justice. Just a lot of rot, TRT. Per usual.

Ask one of your party leaders. They're the ones who pushed Jim Crow and then lied about it. Just like you criticize Antonin Scalia out of one side of your mouth and out the other, you say the Constitution provides equal protection for sexual deviants. You can't even be truthful with yourself much less anybody else.

NEWARK, Gitback and vector are Trump haters if one can believe their posts, (or likes.) But your posts always cast aspersions against the President or otherwise defend the indefensible, thus they have hooked their little trollies to your wagon. It would seem that in all of your self-aggrandizing and ill conceived advocacies on here, you have gotten yourself quite a following. :Thumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Thank you, once again, for your brief remarks. You want to continually relate the Not re Dame walkout to the ISIS propagandize, and then yammer about "truth and history" and a "mat"? That's funny. Where were the words in the Constitution that justified Jim Crow laws? Wait, wait, grand principles of equality and justice, applied at highest common denominator, those brought about change and equality and justice. Just a lot of rot, TRT. Per usual.

I do believe these have been ruled unconstitutional so I guess they were nor justified but you'll have to ask those democratic controlled legislation and municipalities about that.
^^ Not to mention the fact that Sombrero's whole debate premise is malarkey.

In trying to lend credibility to the Notre Dame walkout, Sombrero ran right over your point about showing respect to the commencement speaker, the Vice President of the United States no less.

And what are they supposedly protesting? To revisit reality here for just a second, the media have propagated a rash of lies regarding the personal integrity of DJT, his business dealings, his wealth, and his motivations for sacrificially volunteering to lead this nation. Never mentioning the fact that he's doing so without any form of pay whatever. In fact, he self funded his campaign spending tens of millions of his own money to secure the nomination, and of course, after that the election and a Presidential tenure which will no doubt last for 8 years.

The New York Times and the Washington Post have shamelessly thrown their journalistic integrity away in publishing unsourced and unvetted subversions, which BTW, are intended to bring about the demise and early departure of a duly elected President. Even resorting to a form of counter espionage on behalf of terrorists in the case of The Times, who mindlessly released the names of persons being sought by Great Britain for their roles in the Manchester bombing. Prime Minister Theresa May openly called our hand on the matter as well she should.

Such actions of 'Agitatsiya' would make any Russian proud. And pray tell, why in the name of common sense would they (Russia) offer up very much in the way of disinformation when the US media and the Democrats in the House and Senate are doing such a bang up job of tearing down Monticello on their own? The left have been lying about 99% of the negative disinformation floating around in the news and on the internet. And anybody who spends his time in advocacy of same has a part in whatever misfortune befalls this nation as a result. Bottom line, the Notre Dame walkout had nothing to do whatever with governance under the 1st Amendment, and everything to do with the subversive efforts of the leftist elite who pulled their strings. Nothing American about it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]