Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 74 Prestonsburg 55
Belfry played 4 games last week guys..including wins at Pike Central and at Allen Central on back to back nights...
I was not impressed by Belfry at all!
Nor was I by Prestonsburg...of course tonight's game meant nothing to P'burg..according to you..I don't understand that statement...if it means nothing then why play??
As a Pburg fan I was really impressed with the Pirates. The are a strong solid team and should do well in the tourny. I knew Case was a great player and actually picked him in another post for POY and after seeing him tonight reassured me that he is the best senior player in the 15th. Not only can he score but more impressive is he is a great team player. He looked to get his team involved before himself and at one point in the game passed the ball to a teamate when he had an open lay up. Belfry is a very good passing team also. Good luck and hope we can see you again at the Expo. You guys have a class act program built with your coach and players.

As for Pburg they got beat tonight but I will say that is was senior night and for some stupid reason our coach did not coach to win. I know most coaches start seniors and I agree but to play some players most of the game when they haven't played much all season. His lineup was crazy tonight through out the game. Our starters only played about a quarter and a half together. But all in all a good week to build on for the Cats. I think you accomplished a lot this week and found some things that work for you guys. Good luck against Betsy Layne Wed night, we have to win this one.
Thanks for the compliment Johnny. I think Belfry has the tools for a run if hot. I also agree with Case, people dont realize until they actualy see him but more than the points he scores its the little things he does that makes him POY. When Case plays the team plays better and he is big time team first guy.
And most of all thanks for the post about class, that means alot.
I picked Belfy to win it all last year and if we can't would sure like to see you do it this year. I was impressed last year after losing a heart breaker at Belfry but this years team is even better IMO. I really think Case looks to make his team better as evidence in the 1st quarter tonight, he really worked to get his team playing well and then just stepped in when he needed to. I think if he shot the ball as much as some other POY candidates he would average in the 30's but he really looks to play for the WIN and not the HIM. I congratulated a couple of players and coaches from Belfry I saw as I left the gym. Again good luck Pirates.
Hoops Lover Wrote:Belfry played 4 games last week guys..including wins at Pike Central and at Allen Central on back to back nights...

Agreed, but you have to admit two of those games were easy wins; but props for the win at Allen Central. The 4 games that we played in four days were in this order: At Paintsville, At Magoffin, Hazard home, Belfry home. The first three games we played were at amazing intensity. As good as Belfry is, I feel we played two teams better than Belfry this week. Blackcats simply ran out of gas, not saying it would have changed the outcome, we will never know that, but I believe it would have been more competitive if Belfry would have been our first game this week. As you know Belfry has a good team and should do well in the tourny. Anybody but Shelby Valley please.JMO
Congrats Belfry
congrats Belfry
congrats Belfry
The Pirates appear to be on a good run at the right time. This Pirate team will make some noise in the tourney! Please keep this thread on topic so it doesn't get closed down!

TongueirateSho
Welcome to the best site in town! If you need anything, just let me know.
Congrats to Belfry. Much bigger win that I thought it would be.
The players that started for P'burg did pretty well. Yes they had a problem getting that first bucket, but "D" was pretty good. If # 11 would put some arch on his shot and not shoot a frozen rope like he's guiding it into the basket he may make more. Plays good "D"though. Belfry played the way Belfry plays, never let up, all over the other team in every corner. P'burg was a step off. If both teams were fresh Belfry probably still would have won, just by a smaller margin.
Pirates are peaking at the right time.....

Way to go boys.....

Good Luck in the District & Regional Tournament !!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Congrats Belfry.
Prestonsburg was real flat last night. Alot of them where just really tired after playing four tough, physical teams (Paintsville, Magoffin Co, Hazard, Belfry) in four days. All four of those teams I mentioned are tops in there Region. IMO Jordan Hall was the only one that really showed up last night, and there where way to many careless turnovers in this game too.
Belfry was just dominant in this game. Case showed again why he is the POY. May had some great boards. Brodie Reed stepped up and made some nice shots. P-burg has a great team especially seeing how they played hazard the night before and went in OT then come and play a favorite in the 15th region. Keep your heads up guys you all played a good game!...As for belfry well dont be surprised if u see their name next to....15th Region Champions!
I look for Belfry to make a run at a regional Championship!