Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 50 Estill County 40
Conductor Wrote:Lol.. Then you ain’t been to Estill County. Over half of the county is noting but mountains

I have spent lots and lots of time in Estill County. Estill County has hills, but no mountains. A mountain has a minimum difference in elevation of 1,000 feet between the bottom and the top. Estill County doesn't have anything even remotely close to that. You will have to go to Harlan, Bell, Letcher, Leslie or Pike Counties to see actual mountains.
rojas Wrote:I have never seen a mountain in Corbin or Estill County.

You are 0 for 2 so far. This state definitely needs a shot clock. Not every team can play "pressure man to man". It works great in several of the New England states and California. (Only thing that works well in California.)

I'm also assuming you've never been to Corbin or Estill if you've never seen a mountain in either of those. Most of Corbin city limits is one big mountain. Lol.
Jaguarhoundbird Wrote:You are 0 for 2 so far. This state definitely needs a shot clock. Not every team can play "pressure man to man". It works great in several of the New England states and California. (Only thing that works well in California.)

I'm also assuming you've never been to Corbin or Estill if you've never seen a mountain in either of those. Most of Corbin city limits is one big mountain. Lol.

The shot clock is your opinion and I respect your opinion. However, the mountain thing you are dead wrong. A mountain has a relief of at least 1000 feet. Nothing comes close to that in Corbin or Estill County.
Jaguarhoundbird Wrote:You are 0 for 2 so far. This state definitely needs a shot clock. Not every team can play "pressure man to man". It works great in several of the New England states and California. (Only thing that works well in California.)

if you want a shot clock. stop watching high school basketball, and only watch college and pro basketball.
cj2561 Wrote:if you want a shot clock. stop watching high school basketball, and only watch college and pro basketball.

I agree. I have never seen a high school team that could hold the ball against a good man-to-man trap. If a team lays back in a 2:3 zone, it's the defense that is in the delay, not the offense.
Van Hagar Wrote:4 1/2 hours? Did your bandwagon have a flat?😱😂

Just curious did you drive up? If not you’re not a bandwagon sports junkie like me Confusednicker:
Van Hagar Wrote:4 1/2 hours? Did your bandwagon have a flat?😱😂

Most underrated comment of the year. Confusednicker:
rojas Wrote:The shot clock is your opinion and I respect your opinion. However, the mountain thing you are dead wrong. A mountain has a relief of at least 1000 feet. Nothing comes close to that in Corbin or Estill County.

He's probably confusing them with all of the mountains in Somerset.
64SUR Wrote:Just curious did you drive up? If not you’re not a bandwagon sports junkie like me Confusednicker:
64Sur, go ahead and tell him it’s the wagon you borrowed from Middlesboro. Spokes on that thing broke every time they played Pikeville. Lol
rojas Wrote:The shot clock is your opinion and I respect your opinion. However, the mountain thing you are dead wrong. A mountain has a relief of at least 1000 feet. Nothing comes close to that in Corbin or Estill County.

Estill has a few mountains that measure at least 1250 feet in altitude. Bring your compass and I will take you to measure!Confusedhh:
srixon2 Wrote:Estill has a few mountains that measure at least 1250 feet in altitude. Bring your compass and I will take you to measure!Confusedhh:

Altitude yes, but not relief. Relief is the difference between the top and the bottom. The highest Estill County hills measure a 200-400 feet in difference between the bottom and the top.
rojas Wrote:I have never seen a mountain in Corbin or Estill County.

Never seen a mountain in Estill County? You don't get out much.
cj2561 Wrote:if you want a shot clock. stop watching high school basketball, and only watch college and pro basketball.

I'm assuming you are 55+ and are still mad over them letting the kids dunk the ball, and the implementing of the 3 point line? Lol.
rojas Wrote:Altitude yes, but not relief. Relief is the difference between the top and the bottom. The highest Estill County hills measure a 200-400 feet in difference between the bottom and the top.

Lol. I know you're trying to prove that you may be technically correct, but do you really research every mound or hill to check the "Altitude and relief" before you call something a mountain or not.? Just getting a kick out of this debate.
Jaguarhoundbird Wrote:Lol. I know you're trying to prove that you may be technically correct, but do you really research every mound or hill to check the "Altitude and relief" before you call something a mountain or not.? Just getting a kick out of this debate.

Well, you would have to know what I did for a living for 32.5 years to believe my answer is yes. LOL.
rojas Wrote:Well, you would have to know what I did for a living for 32.5 years to believe my answer is yes. LOL.

It would definitely have to clear things up. Lol. I just got a kick out of the direction this thread took off in. Lol.
64SUR Wrote:After a 4 1/2 drive from London. :truestory: I walk in Rupp Arena at halftime and cheered Corbin to victory :Cheerlead Congratulations Redhounds and congratulations to the Estill County :Cheerlead

I think i passed u on I-75....was that you riding that Walmart rascal thing? You really should have worn a helmet !
I think Rojas has officially figured out the way to piss off EKY fans beyond repair. Just tell them they dont have any mountains.

He's right by the way. The wymt coverage area for "mountain sports" maybe different but actual mountains in this state are rare and only exist in a few counties.