Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
J.R. Vanhoose named Phelps Lady Hornets Basketball Coach
Wyatt Earp Wrote:Welcome to the coaching ranks and I am sure You will do a first class job. I have said before that coaching involves so much more than the W's and L's and running a program with positive attitude's come from the top. We had a class together at Prestonsburg and have gone against each other a few times from the sidelines. You have continued to show how being the focus of much attention, that it can be handled in the correct manner. I wish the best for You and the basketball family that You will be taking under your guidance. They will be the better for it.

Thank you very much!! Which class was it that we had together in Prestonsburg?
I believe it was 633 under Thomas. We started the classes by writing a description of each other for him and we wrote about each other. There were only about 6 of us in the class. It was taught with him being stationed at Morehead.
Wyatt Earp Wrote:I believe it was 633 under Thomas. We started the classes by writing a description of each other for him and we wrote about each other. There were only about 6 of us in the class. It was taught with him being stationed at Morehead.

I remember now, that was a fun classRolleyes !!! Well, thanks for the support and good luck to you as well!!!!
Best of Luck!!! Hope everything goes smoothly for you at Phelps.
We wish you and Shawna a happy time this next year ! Just telax and the games will come to you.
Still cant figure out this move. I would have figured him for a good chance to get the Paintsville job someday. Phelps LAdy Hornets????
Faith Wrote:No way my wife could make me move to Phelps and coach that team.
Real classy statement there Faith
Faith Wrote:No way my wife could make me move to Phelps and coach that team.

The "wife" didn't make me move, I guess you didn't read my 3 page post on the first page of this thread that gave my reasons for the move. What is wrong with Phelps anyway, I love the area, love my new house, and the students and co-workers have been great to me since school began. If you have a problem with Phelps why don't you just keep off the thread, leave my wife out of the discussion, keep your damn mouth shut, and let me coach someplace where I want to be (not somehwere you don't want to be)!! Have a great day in your apparently miserable life!
J. R. VanHoose Wrote:The "wife" didn't make me move, I guess you didn't read my 3 page post on the first page of this thread that gave my reasons for the move. What is wrong with Phelps anyway, I love the area, love my new house, and the students and co-workers have been great to me since school began. If you have a problem with Phelps why don't you just keep off the thread, leave my wife out of the discussion, keep your damn mouth shut, and let me coach someplace where I want to be (not somehwere you don't want to be)!! Have a great day in your apparently miserable life!

OMG!!!! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it J.....
Glad to have ya big guy!! (and your wife too!!!) Wink
Great Hire for Phelps, should do good with the Lady Hornets, Good Luck JR!!!!
J. R. VanHoose Wrote:The "wife" didn't make me move, I guess you didn't read my 3 page post on the first page of this thread that gave my reasons for the move. What is wrong with Phelps anyway, I love the area, love my new house, and the students and co-workers have been great to me since school began. If you have a problem with Phelps why don't you just keep off the thread, leave my wife out of the discussion, keep your damn mouth shut, and let me coach someplace where I want to be (not somehwere you don't want to be)!! Have a great day in your apparently miserable life!
Best of luck JR, but isn't this board about someone being able to make their own opinions without be told to keep their " *#%$* " mouth shut because you may not personally agree with or like what they may think or say. He has just as much right to say he may hate Phelps, just as you have the right to say you love it.

Come on now , show some class here, you left the door wide open for criticism or rebuttal when you became an active member on this board and started posting your own opinions and ideas.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Best of luck JR, but isn't this board about someone being able to make their own opinions without be told to keep their " *#%$* " mouth shut because you may not personally agree with or like what they may think or say. He has just as much right to say he may hate Phelps, just as you have the right to say you love it.

Come on now , show some class here, you left the door wide open for criticism or rebuttal when you became an active member on this board and started posting your own opinions and ideas.

Having an opinion about JR moving to Phelps is one thing but bringing his wife into it is another. I LOVE his reply to the previous poster and I agree 100% with him!!! After all, he is a GROWN man and able to make decisions by himself and I seriously doubt his wife "made" him do anything!!!
Good luck to you JR, I just wish you would have stayed at Paintsville and took over when BMR retires. Maybe we can talk you into coming back after this season is over.
phs1986 Wrote:Having an opinion about JR moving to Phelps is one thing but bringing his wife into it is another. I LOVE his reply to the previous poster and I agree 100% with him!!! After all, he is a GROWN man and able to make decisions by himself and I seriously doubt his wife "made" him do anything!!!
LOL. Yeah,I guess you do, but you do have an obvious biased position.

The thing is if you want to live in the limelight and make yourself available to potential comments of rebuttal by posting on this board to begin with, you should be able to deal with what you may deem as pot shots in a way that you don't blow your cool by telling someone to "keep your #@*? mouth shut." over basicly nothing. Is JR mentaly and emotionally mature enough to handle the job with the pressures and criticisms that can potentially go along with the X's and O's? If so, he needs to learn to handle stuff a lot more critical than what was posted on here. That was very very mild, compared to what he could receive.

One should all be allowed to do what makes one happy , and be where one is happy. But just for the record, while I am sure that they all wish JR well and hope that he is happy with what he is doing, and doing the right thing, there are also members of JR's immediate family that has made the statement to me personally that they think JR has "lost his mind" . So, if one's own family makes a comment as such, there should be enough respect owed to some outsiders that may question his move as well.
phs1986 Wrote:Having an opinion about JR moving to Phelps is one thing but bringing his wife into it is another. I LOVE his reply to the previous poster and I agree 100% with him!!! After all, he is a GROWN man and able to make decisions by himself and I seriously doubt his wife "made" him do anything!!!

I can tell your a single man!:lmao: I wish him the best. I wasn't taking a stabb at his wife. No one that is not from Phelps wants to move there. I have heard a thousand people in education in Pike county say I hope they don't put me in Phelps. No one wants to go there. I'm done wth this one. I was just stating my opinion which is perfectly legal on here. I guess the way you jump back with your bad language might be just a touch of things to come at the great place of Phelps.:Thumbs:
Mr.Kimball Wrote:LOL. Yeah,I guess you do, but you do have an obvious biased position.

The thing is if you want to live in the limelight and make yourself available to potential comments of rebuttal by posting on this board to begin with, you should be able to deal with what you may deem as pot shots in a way that you don't blow your cool by telling someone to "keep your #@*? mouth shut." over basicly nothing. Is JR mentaly and emotionally mature enough to handle the job with the pressures and criticisms that can potentially go along with the X's and O's? If so, he needs to learn to handle stuff a lot more critical than what was posted on here. That was very very mild, compared to what he could receive.

One should all be allowed to do what makes one happy , and be where one is happy. But just for the record, while I am sure that they all wish JR well and hope that he is happy with what he is doing, and doing the right thing, there are also members of JR's immediate family that has made the statement to me personally that they think JR has "lost his mind" . So, if one's own family makes a comment as such, there should be enough respect owed to some outsiders that may question his move as well.

I have to agree with you that (YES I DO) have biased "connection" but not opinion. JR's wife is my family. I love her and kept her quite often when she was smaller. I love J as well and I can see his point on the other statements. Granted, people may not understand his "logic" in the move he made but to accuse him of being led around by his wife is totally uncalled for. Yes, she attended Phelps and played ball for Phelps. If I'm not mistaken, she was on the team(S) that went to the state tourney 2 years in a row. You have to remember also that when they married she moved to Paintsville. THEY (J and his wife) are a family now and they are together. NO... she sure didn't "MAKE" him move to Phelps and I would really suggest that SOME people on here go back and read his HUGE post about the move. Sorry if I offended anyone but I do have a BIASED family relation here... Wink

** AND... I can imagine who the "immediate" family relation was that you talked too....Smile

and OH... for Faith.... I am NOT single and NOT a male... OOPS.... :p
Faith Wrote:I can tell your a single man!:lmao: I wish him the best. I wasn't taking a stabb at his wife. No one that is not from Phelps wants to move there. I have heard a thousand people in education in Pike county say I hope they don't put me in Phelps. No one wants to go there. I'm done wth this one. I was just stating my opinion which is perfectly legal on here. I guess the way you jump back with your bad language might be just a touch of things to come at the great place of Phelps.:Thumbs:

Apparently those thousand people who didn't want to go to Phelps were afraid that they would be the ones responsible if the test scores dropped. Check out the scores from the past few years, Phelps has done quite well. Anyway, welcome to PHS JR, and good luck.
when it comes right down to it, the vanhoose's move is no one's business but theirs. think about it! you should not say anything about someone's decision becuase you do not live their life. people make decisions for what they think is best for them. these are profssional people and they have thought out the long time effects i am sure. but like i said do not cast the first stone. :dontthink
this thread needs to be closed.
SVLadiesFan Wrote:when it comes right down to it, the vanhoose's move is no one's business but theirs. think about it! you should not say anything about someone's decision becuase you do not live their life. people make decisions for what they think is best for them. these are profssional people and they have thought out the long time effects i am sure. but like i said do not cast the first stone. :dontthink

NICE!!!:Clap:
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Come on now , show some class here, you left the door wide open for criticism or rebuttal when you became an active member on this board and started posting your own opinions and ideas.

I thought I was being "classy" by defending my wife, I know I am open to criticism and it doesn't bother me, believe me I have heard it all my life. But I do also have the ability to post my own ideas and opinions as well to defend what I thought was a cheap shot, by some unnamed person (at least people know who I am) aimed at my wife.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Is JR mentaly and emotionally mature enough to handle the job with the pressures and criticisms that can potentially go along with the X's and O's? If so, he needs to learn to handle stuff a lot more critical than what was posted on here. That was very very mild, compared to what he could receive.

Yes, I am "mature" enough to handle the pressures and criticisms, I am a coach!! O.k., so since one should be allowed to be happy, and be where one is happy why is it anyone else's concern why I chose to be at Phelps. Furthermore, why is it any of your business to post a "rumor" about one of my immediate family members apparently saying something that questions my sanity. Let me state this as plain as you could even understand. I did not make this choice to please anyone in my family, if I would have done that I would still have been in Paintsville. I made this move for me and my wife. I am a grown man, my wife and our family come first, our extended families comes next.

People like you and faith are what amaze me about things, I defend myself and my decision and you blast me about how I should be "classy" and respect others opnions. Then in your very next post, you post information from my "immediate" family that questions my sanity. So is that classy on your part? Does that show respect? No it doesn't, it just shows that people can remain nameless, make comments that could not be used as evidence in court (heresay), to berate and chastize a person for making a comment.

I joined this board so people would know who I was and the opinions that I held. If you don't agree fine, but when you bring my wife and/or family into posts and then I get "disciplined" for defending them then I believe that is just wrong. I don't believe that you really heard a comment like that from a family member anyway, all of my family members have given me nothing but support since I chose this job and have offered to help me in any way possible.

Maybe, I can spread some rumors about your family saying this and that about your job on chat rooms for all to see. But wait, I can't, I don't even know your real name!
J. R. VanHoose Wrote:Yes, I am "mature" enough to handle the pressures and criticisms, I am a coach!! O.k., so since one should be allowed to be happy, and be where one is happy why is it anyone else's concern why I chose to be at Phelps. Furthermore, why is it any of your business to post a "rumor" about one of my immediate family members apparently saying something that questions my sanity. Let me state this as plain as you could even understand. I did not make this choice to please anyone in my family, if I would have done that I would still have been in Paintsville. I made this move for me and my wife. I am a grown man, my wife and our family come first, our extended families comes next.

People like you and faith are what amaze me about things, I defend myself and my decision and you blast me about how I should be "classy" and respect others opnions. Then in your very next post, you post information from my "immediate" family that questions my sanity. So is that classy on your part? Does that show respect? No it doesn't, it just shows that people can remain nameless, make comments that could not be used as evidence in court (heresay), to berate and chastize a person for making a comment.

I joined this board so people would know who I was and the opinions that I held. If you don't agree fine, but when you bring my wife and/or family into posts and then I get "disciplined" for defending them then I believe that is just wrong. I don't believe that you really heard a comment like that from a family member anyway, all of my family members have given me nothing but support since I chose this job and have offered to help me in any way possible.

Maybe, I can spread some rumors about your family saying this and that about your job on chat rooms for all to see. But wait, I can't, I don't even know your real name!

Excellent Post!!!!!!!:Thumbs:
Warlock Wrote:Good luck to you JR, I just wish you would have stayed at Paintsville and took over when BMR retires. Maybe we can talk you into coming back after this season is over.

After this year? Do you know something we don't know?:confused:
Please explain why you will need him back next year? Will the tigers be trying to win one for the gipper this year?Rolleyes
:thatsfunn
J. R. VanHoose Wrote:I thought I was being "classy" by defending my wife, I know I am open to criticism and it doesn't bother me, believe me I have heard it all my life. But I do also have the ability to post my own ideas and opinions as well to defend what I thought was a cheap shot, by some unnamed person (at least people know who I am) aimed at my wife.

First thing here, I dont think anyone took a cheap shot at your wife. Read the last post from Faith and he states that he was not taking a cheap shot. Maybe you are just being a little ultra sensitive on this.

Hey, all I said about class was that it was a little unclassy to tell someone on a public forum in profane language to shut their mouth over something that didn't amount to a hill of beans.
J. R. VanHoose Wrote:Yes, I am "mature" enough to handle the pressures and criticisms, I am a coach!! O.k., so since one should be allowed to be happy, and be where one is happy why is it anyone else's concern why I chose to be at Phelps. Furthermore, why is it any of your business to post a "rumor" about one of my immediate family members apparently saying something that questions my sanity. Let me state this as plain as you could even understand. I did not make this choice to please anyone in my family, if I would have done that I would still have been in Paintsville. I made this move for me and my wife. I am a grown man, my wife and our family come first, our extended families comes next.

With an outburst like you did previously over basicly nothing your maturity has to come in question. Just remember that their has not been to many players in the state of Kentucky any more revered by the fans in Kentucky than Kyle Macy, but once his coaching career started he suddenly became the "Ungolden Boy". It's easy to show class and humility when you are being praised for things as simple as tying your shoes. It's easy to conduct yourself when you are being praised for every thing you do. Can the same thing be said should you not be as successful in your coaching career as you were in your playing career? Not getting off to a good start on that I am afraid.

"As plain as I could even understand" ???? Wow, you really having trouble dealing with any perceived sort of negativity here. Come on now, dont preach what you are maturily able to handle and then do the opposite.

Hey JR, for one thing, I was not trying to spread rumors over anything. If you would take the time to try to read into what I posted I was basicly on your side, and somewhat defending you. I can for sure tell you however that one of your family members did in fact make the statement that I quoted. (It was your uncle , BTW). And even he was wishing you well, just as I wish you well. I was merely trying to let you see that you should not be too judgemental of people's comments that dont know you, because even your own kin folk question your decisions, even though they are for sure on your side in wishing you the best. If you feel that Phelps is the right place for you , then that is great. People questioned you going to Marshall too , didn't they. You are the one that has to make yourself happy. It is no one else's business why you choose to do anything in your life. If all of this stuff really upsets you that bad then dont make yourself a potential target , by precipitating some of the comebacks you will get on here, cause it's bound to come. That is basicly all I was trying to tell you in the first place with my first post. There was no malice intended.
SVLadiesFan Wrote:this thread needs to be closed.
Yes.
Thread has ran it's course.

If anyone else would like to start a Phelps Lady Hornets basketball thread then feel free. Express your opinions, but if anyone starts with personal attacks on other members or the family members of that person (which is over-the-line GROW UP and get out of your mother's basement) they will be dealt with swiftly.