Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breathitt VS Perry tonight (2/15)
(02-16-2022, 01:08 PM)Mountainparkway Wrote: So out of my entire assessment you took the last sentence about GRC. GRC will beat Perry 20 on that college floor. So much bigger, they will run them out of the gym

Might very well as they should. PCC has to get there first as well. That in itself depends on alot of things. It is an honor for any of our teams to just to get the opportunity to represent the 14th. Most other teams from any region would be considered an underdog in that match up.
News Flash guys. Any region in the state is gonna be an underdog to GRC. They’re ranked 22 nationally
Agreed. Worst draw possible.
When you get to Rupp anything can happen. Perry has a really good team and are capable of beating anyone in front of them.
(02-16-2022, 02:06 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: When you get to Rupp anything can happen.  Perry has a really good team and are capable of beating anyone in front of them.

Perry won’t be there is their only problem
I like their chances, blue lips,lol.
Breathitt may not win their district either.
And I like Breathitts chances after what I saw last night.
What did you see last night?
14th region is very weak and he been for a while. Maybe won one game in the past six years at the state tournament. Nothing has changed this year. Regardless of who makes it, they will get a beating by GRC in first round. Tough draw.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BiscuitNGravy's post:
  • Mountainparkway
Why didn’t Breathitt start pressing when they got off the bus? Why wait till the second half. Breathitt is terrible in the half court, actually their terrible in the open court too. Too many unforced turnovers, poor shot selection, one on one play. At least if they press it speeds up the game allowing them to open the floor for the athletes. Not the 221 press it’s horrible. Turner was a better player two years ago. Has no confidence offensively whatsoever. He was pre-season 14 th player of the year. This coach, system, or whatever has destroyed him. U can’t think and play ball. Anyone that’s played will tell you that. When u start thinking too much, Your reaction is a split second off leading to terrible looking passes and shots .
[-] The following 1 user Likes wannacat's post:
  • Mountainparkway
(02-16-2022, 09:36 AM)Huck Fin Wrote:
(02-16-2022, 08:50 AM)Cat Daddy Wrote: I for one, have raved about Breathitt's talent all year, but with that being said, talent can only take you so far! I don't understand why Collins isn't playing more down on the block. He is the most athletic, skilled big man in the region. He has the ability to score over anyone in this region, if he is utilized correctly. Also, you can't expect to beat good teams turning the ball over twenty times a game. I think Breathitt has an excellent shot at Perry in the regionals, especially with it being at Breathitt, but they are going to have to play one of their better games to beat Perry.

They turned the ball over because of poor ball movement.  It had nothing to do with Perry’s defense.
A turnover, is a turnover. Most of Breathitt's turnovers are due to poor decision making and playing too fast. At the end of the day, if you are going to beat elite teams you have to take care of the basketball.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cat Daddy's post:
  • roundballer
(02-16-2022, 12:23 PM)Mountainparkway Wrote: Breathitt didn’t beat Perry at Perry, they won’t beat them at The coliseum either. They couldn’t beat them on a dirt court in the back yard. Breathitt just isn’t as good as people think. Just because you can do a 360 between the legs dunk doesn’t mean your a good basketball player. The bobcats can’t play defense without fouling, they like to reach and slap at the ball without moving their feet. I honestly don’t know if this team is coachable. I agree with the above poster, I’ve always said Collins needs to be on the block and the offense needs to go thru him. If Collins refuses to play on the block I’d let him sit by me. Hoskins is not 6’6” folks. He’s maybe 6”3 with shoes on. I’ve noticed Hoskins will bully players he’s bigger than but when he meets a player like McKenzie he’s non existent. Turner just don’t have the drive. I think he was better his freshmen year. His freshmen year I said to myself he could play d-1 if he continues to get better. Now I don’t think he can play for Alice Lloyd. Sperrys out of control and easily mentally frustrated. Bellamy can shoot but that’s about it. With that being said, PCC will be in Lexington come march. One and done tho facing GRC.
It is the coaches fault that Collins is not on the block. When they do post up, the guards never hit the big men on the blocks. Hoskins is around 6'4-6'5. Turner is probably the most athletic person in the region, however he does not like playing basketball. Sperry is going to win Breathitt games or he is going to lose them games. Too many people hype him up, because he plays AAU and pays for those rankings they give him. This team is uncoachable. They do not want to play together. They just want to play for themselves not for each other.
(02-16-2022, 08:50 AM)I’m Cat Daddy Wrote: I for one, have raved about Breathitt's talent all year, but with that being said, talent can only take you so far! I don't understand why Collins isn't playing more down on the block. He is the most athletic, skilled big man in the region. He has the ability to score over anyone in this region, if he is utilized correctly. Also, you can't expect to beat good teams turning the ball over twenty times a game. I think Breathitt has an excellent shot at Perry in the regionals, especially with it being at Breathitt, but they are going to have to play one of their better games to beat Perry.

(02-17-2022, 12:46 PM)bobkitty Wrote:
(02-16-2022, 12:23 PM)Mountainparkway Wrote: Breathitt didn’t beat Perry at Perry, they won’t beat them at The coliseum either. They couldn’t beat them on a dirt court in the back yard. Breathitt just isn’t as good as people think. Just because you can do a 360 between the legs dunk doesn’t mean your a good basketball player. The bobcats can’t play defense without fouling, they like to reach and slap at the ball without moving their feet. I honestly don’t know if this team is coachable. I agree with the above poster, I’ve always said Collins needs to be on the block and the offense needs to go thru him. If Collins refuses to play on the block I’d let him sit by me. Hoskins is not 6’6” folks. He’s maybe 6”3 with shoes on. I’ve noticed Hoskins will bully players he’s bigger than but when he meets a player like McKenzie he’s non existent. Turner just don’t have the drive. I think he was better his freshmen year. His freshmen year I said to myself he could play d-1 if he continues to get better. Now I don’t think he can play for Alice Lloyd. Sperrys out of control and easily mentally frustrated. Bellamy can shoot but that’s about it. With that being said, PCC will be in Lexington come march. One and done tho facing GRC.
It is the coaches fault that Collins is not on the block. When they do post up, the guards never hit the big men on the blocks. Hoskins is around 6'4-6'5. Turner is probably the most athletic person in the region, however he does not like playing basketball. Sperry is going to win Breathitt games or he is going to lose them games. Too many people hype him up, because he plays AAU and pays for those rankings they give him. This team is uncoachable. They do not want to play together. They just want to play for themselves not for each other.
It falls on the coach to make them coachable.  I’d like to see him get in their face one time and chew them out for the ridiculous play.  No consequences it seems. Nobles overall record at bhs tells me it’s not the kids on this years team that are uncoachable.  This is actually his best year there record wise. But it doesn’t take Adolph Rupp to see that this team is severely underachieving.   That’s on the coach.  It’s not that Turner doesn’t like basketball, its just that he’s not played anywhere close to his potential.  I convinced it’s a mental thing, confidence thing.  That’s on the coach too.  I think he needs the ball in his hands more.   At this point Noble should just turn the game into 32 minutes of hell, similar to Nolan Richardson.  This team is not made to grind it out possession by possession.  For example, the Lyon County game.   They were down 12 with 3 minutes lest.  He sold out with the press and with just under two minutes left they were ahead.
Turner with only 3 shot attempts blows my mind.
(02-17-2022, 01:22 PM)BlackAndYellow Wrote: Turner with only 3 shot attempts blows my mind.
That’s not far off his average, seriously.  Bet he is not averaging five points per game.  He was the preseason pick, by most, as the 14th region player of the year. He is usually the first player subbed out for and it is not always due to fouls.
Question: Does any coach in the 14th really put anyone in the post any more and actually just pound them the ball? Why should Collins play down there? Why not just post up Bellamy or Turner? You don’t have to play in the post just because your 6’8. While I do love a good post presence, it’s non existent in the 14th region and pretty much the entire state.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DukeBoy's post:
  • Cat Daddy
(02-17-2022, 01:55 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Question:  Does any coach in the 14th really put anyone in the post any more and actually just pound them the ball?  Why should Collins play down there?  Why not just post up Bellamy or Turner?  You don’t have to play in the post just because your 6’8.  While I do love a good post presence, it’s non existent in the 14th region and pretty much the entire state.
If a kid is 6’8 in the 14th region I’m really not sure why they would leave the post.  There’s not a team in the 14th region, or most regions for that matter, that can match up with someone who is 6’8.  If a kid is Kevin Durant and can stroke the 3 consistently then by all means stay out there but there’s not.
[-] The following 3 users Like BlackAndYellow's post:
  • Cat Daddy, Mountainparkway, wannacat
(02-17-2022, 01:55 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Question:  Does any coach in the 14th really put anyone in the post any more and actually just pound them the ball?  Why should Collins play down there?  Why not just post up Bellamy or Turner?  You don’t have to play in the post just because your 6’8.  While I do love a good post presence, it’s non existent in the 14th region and pretty much the entire state.
What??? This has to be the dumbest post ever. Collins is not an outside shooter or a penetrator when he catches the ball 22 ft from the basket. So where do you think Collins should play at 6’8”? Baseline? That’s ridiculous. Put that 6’8” in the post and slashing to the free throw line when it’s on the opposite side and go through him. At 6’8” in the 14th should be 20/10 game every night. If you think any different than it’s just because you have a hidden agenda.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mountainparkway's post:
  • wannacat
God you and your daddy should start coaching together. Guess your jealous and ride the pine while he plays. Got to be dumbass kid posting this crap. I didnt say he shouldn’t play the post moron. The guards aren’t even good enough in this region to make an entry pass to the post. Don’t hate the kid for being 6’8. He can’t help it your 5’7 ass isn’t going any where. Go play baseball or tennis. You can take a 6’0 kid and make him a great post player. Christian isn’t a physical kid. Dumbest response I’ve ever read.
Oh you hurt my feelings. Haha. So you didn’t answer the question where should Collins play? You temper tantrum didn’t answer the question. I’ve never heard of a player not being able to feed the post. That’s a dumb statement in itself actually. So passing around the perimeter would be your offense just because you think a kid can’t feed the post lol. Where would you play him?

I’m sure Bellamy, sperry, combs and even turner can feed the post. Heck I’ve seen Hoskins feed the post when he’s caught the ball around the top of the key. Now it’s up to the coach to set up the offense so the ball can go through the post and doesn’t appear noble knows how to coach this into the game. I know your high on noble that’s just because you don’t want him coming back to Perry county. I’d trade noble for Hoskins any day
Pardon my temper tantrum. Jesus Christ would have a hard time coaching at Breathitt County. I honestly think he turned the job down before Noble took it. Maybe Collins would do better floating around the paint. Idk. Then where you gonna play Hoskins at? Can Turner shoot good enough to play the 3? If let’s say Breathitt plays 2 kids in the paint at all times how they gonna penetrate any? Combs and Bellamy shoot it pretty well but Combs is 6th man. Sperry is shooter somewhat but lives to penetrate and draw fouls. Turner is a dang good athlete. And the other Bellamy kid is a great shooter. I wouldn’t throw in the towel just yet. Breathitt is a hard place to win for the opposing team. A lot of people would be happy being 22-6 at this time of the year and the tourney being in their back yard with officials from another region coming in to ref.
Some good points which what you said. I’d like to see Collins at least have a couple set plays he’s catching the ball in the post. It’s to late in the season now we will just see how the cards play out the next couple weeks. Should be some good basketball games in this tourney
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mountainparkway's post:
  • DukeBoy
(02-17-2022, 05:06 PM)Mountainparkway Wrote: Some good points which what you said. I’d like to see Collins at least have a couple set plays he’s catching the ball in the post. It’s to late in the season now we will just see how the cards play out the next couple weeks. Should be some good basketball games in this tourney
Pick and roll.  You don’t have to start in the paint to get the ball in the paint.  It’s not rocket science. Not to late to change everything if what your doing now is not effective. How hard would it be to throw in some ball screens and pick and roll.
Wannacat, I will say this and I do respect your opinion but I would honestly believe John will have a few more tricks up his sleeve for the regional tournament. He’s been around the block several times and this is the best team he’s probably ever had athletic wise. All jokes aside, why don’t you approach him and tell him what you think. I’m sure he will talk basketball with you without getting upset because he lives and breathes it. I’m sure you want Breathitt to win as much as he does. I really hate all the negativity.
Breathitt it too offensive minded. By that I mean that if they are not scoring the rest of their game suffers. Their reaction time to rebounds is lacking and their defense is inconsistent to bad. If they can put together a full game they will be very tough to beat but that had not happened yet. The potential is there but is the mind set? We shall see. PCC certainly sent a message that they are the favorite going into the Regional Tournament. Let's see how much grit the Bobcats have now that they have been given the proverbial backhanded slap across the face. Go Bobcats!
Twitter: @tc_analytics

[-] The following 1 user Likes Poseidon's post:
  • DukeBoy
(02-17-2022, 06:37 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Wannacat, I will say this and I do respect your opinion but I would honestly believe John will have a few more tricks up his sleeve for the regional tournament.  He’s been around the block several times and this is the best team he’s probably ever had athletic wise.  All jokes aside, why don’t you approach him and tell him what you think.  I’m sure he will talk basketball with you without getting upset because he lives and breathes it.  I’m sure you want Breathitt to win as much as he does.  I really hate all the negativity.

Ty.  I don’t mean to be negative.  I just get dumbfounded.  I really like John personally.  I’ve lived and breathed basketball my whole life too.   The potential of this bunch is through the roof.  I mean state championship potential.  It’s just frustrating to watch them struggle against local schools when they should be on an elite level,  but that’s just my opinion. Lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes wannacat's post:
  • Poseidon
(02-17-2022, 08:14 PM)wannacat Wrote:
(02-17-2022, 06:37 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Wannacat, I will say this and I do respect your opinion but I would honestly believe John will have a few more tricks up his sleeve for the regional tournament.  He’s been around the block several times and this is the best team he’s probably ever had athletic wise.  All jokes aside, why don’t you approach him and tell him what you think.  I’m sure he will talk basketball with you without getting upset because he lives and breathes it.  I’m sure you want Breathitt to win as much as he does.  I really hate all the negativity.

Ty.  I don’t mean to be negative.  I just get dumbfounded.  I really like John personally.  I’ve lived and breathed basketball my whole life too.   The potential of this bunch is through the roof.  I mean state championship potential.  It’s just frustrating to watch them struggle against local schools when they should be on an elite level,  but that’s just my opinion. Lol

But it’s not just Breathitt that struggles yet they get hounded harder than about anyone. Perry struggled and just beat Knott and Hazard by 3 but you don’t see anyone saying anything about them. Ashland took a loss to mediocre Russell just a little over a week ago. Pikeville, the All A state champion, just took a double digit loss to in-region Paintsville and no one is knocking them. It happens. These are high school kids.
I couldn’t help but notice in last nights PCC vs Hazard game that Perry’s so called Best Player last year, is the 8th man on a what’s considered a weak Hazard team. Just kinda of scratch my head and wonder how he was ever Shannons go to guy last year before he left. Now he struggles to get PT for Big Al as a 5th year Sr.

Another thing, can Perry beat Hazard again? 3rd times usually a charm. That could possibly make Perry a Runnerup coming into the Region. Potential Breathitt/Perry first round matchup.
(02-18-2022, 11:33 AM)Bulldogs4Ever Wrote: I couldn’t help but notice in last nights PCC vs Hazard game that Perry’s so called Best Player last year, is the 8th man on a what’s considered a weak Hazard team. Just kinda of scratch my head and wonder how he was ever Shannons go to guy last year before he left. Now he struggles to get PT for Big Al as a 5th year Sr.

Another thing, can Perry beat Hazard again? 3rd times usually a charm. That could possibly make Perry a Runnerup coming into the Region. Potential Breathitt/Perry first round matchup.

That is why we play the games.

Can Breathitt bet Wolfe at Wolfe?
I would be worried about that if I were you.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Huck Fin's post:
  • Poseidon
(02-18-2022, 03:08 PM)Huck Fin Wrote:
(02-18-2022, 11:33 AM)Bulldogs4Ever Wrote: I couldn’t help but notice in last nights PCC vs Hazard game that Perry’s so called Best Player last year, is the 8th man on a what’s considered a weak Hazard team.  Just kinda of scratch my head and wonder how he was ever Shannons go to guy last year before he left.  Now he struggles to get PT for Big Al as a 5th year Sr.

Another thing, can Perry beat Hazard again?  3rd times usually a charm.  That could possibly make Perry a Runnerup coming into the Region.  Potential Breathitt/Perry first round matchup.

That is why we play the games.

Can Breathitt bet Wolfe at Wolfe?
I would be worried about that if I were you.
I would not worry too much about it but do think being in the winners position in round one of the Regional Tournament would be better than not.  A loss to Wolfe would not end the season so to worry about that would be useless.  There is not a team in the 14th region that does not have glaring weaknesses.  I just hope whoever makes it represents us well.
Twitter: @tc_analytics