Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tate Cox ruled ineligible (RUMOR)
bobcatfan22 Wrote:Any transfer is not the easiest thing to make eligible...i honestly think the folks from kcc and tate cox have nothing to worry about.
What???? You might want to rephrase this one. You contradicted your first statement with the second one.
Unless JBS will not have a team, he will not play without strings being pulled. If they dont have a team then he has an appeal, I dont think just because you want to go somewhere you think you can win at is an appeal issue.
basketballfan000 Wrote:Unless JBS will not have a team, he will not play without strings being pulled. If they dont have a team then he has an appeal, I dont think just because you want to go somewhere you think you can win at is an appeal issue.
I don't think that is the issue. It goes much deeper than that.
To my understanding at this time just a HUGE rumor and there is no proof whatsoever to my knowlage backing this claim. Why is this thread still open?
#1ukfan Wrote:To my understanding at this time just a HUGE rumor and there is no proof whatsoever to my knowlage backing this claim. Why is this thread still open?

There may not be a link to any press release or anything but this is true, Tate Cox is currently ineligible. From my understanding his family is appealing this but if he cannot play at Knott Central next season, look for his family to move else where.

Take that for what its worth.
He could always go to Scott County where it is no problem to get eligible. Lets see 3 kids are transferring to Scott County this year and the KHSAA has no problem with that. By the way Eutons dad did not get a job in Scott County but in Lexington but they chose Scott County to live I guess for its academics. The KHSAA is a political joke........
uk96 Wrote:He could always go to Scott County where it is no problem to get eligible. Lets see 3 kids are transferring to Scott County this year and the KHSAA has no problem with that. By the way Eutons dad did not get a job in Scott County but in Lexington but they chose Scott County to live I guess for its academics. The KHSAA is a political joke........

It really makes no difference how unfair it is, if they move there completely then there is nothing anyone can do about it. They can talk about them like dogs, but that's about it.
I don't think the KHSAA has a rule against working in one location and living 10 or 12 miles away. Tate Cox can probably be eligible in any school system in the state AS LONG AS HIS FAMILY HAS A LEGITIMATE CHANGE OF RESIDENCE to that school district.
rojas Wrote:I don't think the KHSAA has a rule against working in one location and living 10 or 12 miles away. Tate Cox can probably be eligible in any school system in the state AS LONG AS HIS FAMILY HAS A LEGITIMATE CHANGE OF RESIDENCE to that school district.

Exactly... good post!
Once again that's pretty much what I said.
#1ukfan Wrote:To my understanding at this time just a HUGE rumor and there is no proof whatsoever to my knowlage backing this claim. Why is this thread still open?
This thread is still open because a staff member has verified the information.
At this moment Tate Cox is NOT eligible at Knott Central.
You are exactly right. No court in the land could stop him from playing if the family moves.....
Hey,
People all you have to do is have a change of residence and you are automatically eligible need to read up on the current transfer rules on the KHSAA web page. The KHSAA is very political. I am sure Euton will be eligible since he is a UK signee, but most kids will not be. The only way all those kids that transferred to KCC get eligible is if JBS does not field a team.
Hope they get eligible.
codeblue Wrote:Hey,
People all you have to do is have a change of residence and you are automatically eligible need to read up on the current transfer rules on the KHSAA web page. The KHSAA is very political. I am sure Euton will be eligible since he is a UK signee, but most kids will not be. The only way all those kids that transferred to KCC get eligible is if JBS does not field a team.

Was there even a question as to whether Euton will be eligible? There is no question with him, and it has nothing to do with the fact that he is a Uk recruit. His family is moving to Georgtown, so it doesn't matter if he is a UK recruit.
Lets try and keep this on-topic here fellas.
Didnt he move to Hindman?
If his family had a legit change of address, even if from one home to another in the Knott Co school district, he could be eligible. That was the same situation as Vee Sanford at Lex Cath. The only difference was that Sanford transferred from a public school to a private school. However, Sanford did move out of the Layfayette service area. I don't know how that would work in Cox's situation due to private schools not having a service area.
He use to live in Pippa Passes, I assumed that he moved to Hindman.
RavenBoy Wrote:He use to live in Pippa Passes, I assumed that he moved to Hindman.

He never lived in pippa passes.
PATS2011 Wrote:He never lived in pippa passes.
His dad did, why wouldnt he?
BlueSky Wrote:You are exactly right. No court in the land could stop him from playing if the family moves.....
Even if they was to move now, would it make a difference? I thought the move had to come before the transfer and not after?
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Even if they was to move now, would it make a difference? I thought the move had to come before the transfer and not after?

By rule, one must enroll at the new school on or after the date the entire family moves to their new address.
He is gonna be able to play, you know they thought this all out before he switched schools.
If the family moves to a new residence, then he should be eligible. But if he has enrollled, and then the family moves, he will not be ruled eligible. The move has to be made before the enrollment, even if it's from a private to a public.
I am glad that everyone on here knows exactly what they are talking about. Wow where would we be without all the smart people here?
Come on, someone has to know something?
All I've heard is that he is appealing this... all we can do is wait and see how everything goes in the court.
blackcat_student Wrote:All I've heard is that he is appealing this... all we can do is wait and see how everything goes in the court.
So he was ruled ineligible and now he is trying to fight it? I didnt know that.
RavenBoy Wrote:So he was ruled ineligible and now he is trying to fight it? I didnt know that.

Yes, he was ruled ineligible for athletics next season at Knott Central... I just got an update on the situation and he's already had his hearing, now he and his family are waiting to hear from the KHSAA.