Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Barack Obama Elected 44th President of the United States
I urge everyone to stop and listen to Obama tonight. I also urge you to listen to what McCain said...we need to work together FOR this country. We do not need to be sour grapes because one party didn't get their way.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ComfortEagle Wrote:I am making the point that the majority of this country is tired of the Republican party. Heck, even the Republican party is tired of the Republican party...that's why Libertarians have been growing in numbers.

I'm not saying the Democrats have been perfect or even good, but the majority of this nation is fed up with the Republican party of the last 8 years.

Well why does everyone blame the "republicans" when all the decisions that have to be made go throught these people. Which, like I said before, are mainly democrats? So what are you tired of that the Republican party has done?
Kysportsfan Wrote:Well why does everyone blame the "republicans" when all the decisions that have to be made go throught these people. Which, like I said before, are mainly democrats? So what are you tired of that the Republican party has done?

I never said that a lot of the decisions during the last 4 years haven't had to go through the Democrats. It does not make my statement any less true, the majority of the people in this country are tired of the Republican party and feel that Obama can bring the change we need.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Obama is approaching the stage to give his speech.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I thought it was funny what someone said on MSNBC that the people 40 and under all voted for OBAMA and the older people voted for McCain then went on to talk about how they cant wait to see the demographics that the more educated voters voted for Obama and uneducated voted for McCain.
ComfortEagle Wrote:Obama is approaching the stage to give his speech.

CE im tempted to steal your signature that you have now lol
BatCat11 Wrote:CE im tempted to steal your signature that you have now lol

Go for it. Everyone is welcome to take my signature.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Obama is speaking now.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Is Obama surrounded by glass? Can anyone else tell?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ComfortEagle Wrote:Is Obama surrounded by glass? Can anyone else tell?

yeah
He's a good speaker. and yeah, it kind of looks like he is
ComfortEagle Wrote:Is Obama surrounded by glass? Can anyone else tell?

I noticed that but i have no idea what it is. but it does look like glass
BatCat11 Wrote:I noticed that but i have no idea what it is. but it does look like glass

Bullet-proof glass?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ComfortEagle Wrote:Bullet-proof glass?

Maybe but its just in that one spot so im not really sure
BatCat11 Wrote:Maybe but its just in that one spot so im not really sure

It looked like it was on each of his sides, but maybe the camera is behind the glass...IDK.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I really feel that the United States is is for a big change over the next 4 years and it will be a change for the better for i feel he is the man best fitted for the job and i think after a journey down a long road America has never been down things will get brighter people give it time.

"Yes We Can"

Heck Yeah...Congrats Barack!
Well I've officially been called racist for not supporting Obama already. I don't see any glass, but that is one big daggone podium.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Well I've officially been called racist for not supporting Obama already. I don't see any glass, but that is one big daggone podium.

If they show to his side you will see the glass.

Who called you a racist? And was it on here?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I wasn't particularly pulling for Obama or McCain but I don't have a clue why everybody is freaking out so bad about him being the President. I think he'll do a fine job. He just gave one of the best speeches I've ever heard.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
alfus21 Wrote:I wasn't particularly pulling for Obama or McCain but I don't have a clue why everybody is freaking out so bad about him being the President. I think he'll do a fine job. He just gave one of the best speeches I've ever heard.

That was one **** of a speech
alfus21 Wrote:I wasn't particularly pulling for Obama or McCain but I don't have a clue why everybody is freaking out so bad about him being the President. I think he'll do a fine job. He just gave one of the best speeches I've ever heard.

Thank you alfus. The reaction of a lot of the conservatives is a bit much IMO. Just as Bush was not the end of the world for me in 2004, Obama is not the end of the world for you in 2008.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ComfortEagle Wrote:If they show to his side you will see the glass.

Who called you a racist? And was it on here?
I couldn't tell, Obama is one good speaker, but no, it was a general status on someone on facebook. "If you are white and mad you're not a friend to black people" paraphrased.
BatCat11 Wrote:That was one **** of a speech

Agreed, but I'm still wondering what's up with that glass.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Panther Thunder Wrote:I couldn't tell, Obama is one good speaker, but no, it was a general status on someone on facebook. "If you are white and mad you're not a friend to black people" paraphrased.

I would "de-friend" them if I were you, but that's JMO.

BTW, is that Biden's wife?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ComfortEagle Wrote:I would "de-friend" them if I were you, but that's JMO.

BTW, is that Biden's wife?
There's no way haha... The old woman in the orange? And I saw the glass, it may have been for sound purposes, but who knows.
Panther Thunder Wrote:There's no way haha... The old woman in the orange? And I saw the glass, it may have been for sound purposes, but who knows.

No, I meant the woman in lime green.

You're right, the glass might have been to keep the crowd noise down while he was speaking, but I'm not sure.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Biden's wife is in yellow. But he had his Mommy with him
He is a wonderful speaker. My daughter and I heard him speak in Charleston WV in March. (and yes, we were that close!)
What a night for America!

[attachment=o1257]
Obama's speech was amazing, almost made me shed a tear it was so good!