Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Names of Young Coaches that might could handle a Program
russellpride Wrote:Nathan McPeek- Fairview

Led the Eagles to an 8-4 record this season and runs the Spread Wing-T offense. I believe he is only 26 years old and hopefully is the future Russell coach, not sure what other people think.

I am pretty sure that job is already taken for whenever Ivan retires.
king360 Wrote:Jason Chappel

I believe he could too. He's had a rough way to go as far as schools he's been too. Both have been predominately basketball. The Perry job he was young, but did take them to the playoffs 2 out of 3 years. The third year he had a young team and they didn't do so great. He then went to South Laurel and has gotten that program in the playoffs there as well and that's a killer district with Lincoln, Pulaski, Pul. Southwestern, and Mercer. I think with time and support he will do fine at South.
IRISH4 Wrote:Holcomb is an excellent coach.....but I agree, some of the best coaches have never stepped on a college field or a football field for that matter. Prime example, John Madden.

I think there are several youthful coaches out there that will eventually turn in to good coaches, however I feel a coach should work under those that have been around the game for a lot longer than they have and soak in as much knowledge as possible. IMO someone that is around 25 or 26 and think they are ready to take on all the responsibilities of a head coach I think they might be a little arrogant, but will learn quickly they might be in over their heads.
You do realize that Madden coached the Raiders don't you? I am not sure but I think he led them to a Super Bowl too.
Breathitt Bobcat Wrote:I agree that Justin will make a good coach someday and he is learning under "The Master" right now.Holcomb is a football genius.

Holcomb most not be to much of a genius. He could find a way to beat Central.
cj2561 Wrote:Holcomb most not be to much of a genius. He could find a way to beat Central.

He beat your team though.
Justin knows the game as well as Holcomb does. Holcomb has had his chances to leave Breathitt to coach at a college but didnt take it. There is something that is pure about coaching high school football that he couldnt get away from. Justin will be just fine, Holcomb is going to be leaving within the next few years and the job will come to Justin or John Paul. Both would make great coaches.
I agree belfry could have a soild replacement with him
blitz43 Wrote:You do realize that Madden coached the Raiders don't you? I am not sure but I think he led them to a Super Bowl too.

Yes I realize tha Madden coached my beloved Raiders, if you would've looked closely I said that some of the best coaches never stepped foot on a football field and used him as an example to prove my point. He did lead them to the Super Bowl victory and set up the tradition that ole Al still longs for Big Grin
the phelps hornets is got a good coach..
phelpsboy81 Wrote:the phelps hornets is got a good coach..
I agree Jesse is doing a great job i heard hes already got a mess of boys in the weight room preparing for next season i look for him to do something with phelps
Footballhillbilly25 Wrote:I agree Jesse is doing a great job i heard hes already got a mess of boys in the weight room preparing for next season i look for him to do something with phelps
yeah ture phelps is got about 25 to 35 kid's out there and workin hared to..
Timmy Baldwin x- JC assistant, head baseball coach at Rowan Co now.
:eek:
blitz43 Wrote:Tyler Puckett
Not yet TongueirateSho
Everyones talking about Justin Haddix. Kyle Moore is in the pecking order over there before Justin Haddix. Does Haddix even do any coaching? All I see him do is jump up and down on the sideline.
phelpsboy81 Wrote:yeah ture phelps is got about 25 to 35 kid's out there and workin hared to..

I didnt think Phelps weight room was that big nowSmile
Real Badman Wrote:I didnt think Phelps weight room was that big nowSmile
what you mean..
The Swamp Fox Wrote:What about that Hall kid over at Allen Central. He may not be winning championships, but has he turned that program around. He has won about 20 some games in the six seasons he has been over there. Was looking on the Khsaa website and all the other coaches since the 1990 season combined only won about 30, that was even the years they were in the 7 man football. People can say what they want about Allen Central, They may not be a tradition, but they are working little by little to get there. Watched those boys play and Hall coach a few games this year. They were just about 3 plays and three points from being 9 an 1 regular season.

Good quote S. Fox. he has done more with less than many walking the sidelines. He has been head coach for probably 6 or 7 seasons now and has grown as a leader. Jeremy jumped in as a Head Coach like us old timers learned to swim. To be honest, AC football was on a big spiral downward. They may have won 3 or 4 games in a 3 year span. He kinda had 2 choices, sink or swim. His teams have become progressively better and he showed the ability to lead his team to winning the close games in the past 2 seasons. I just think that is when a coach shows himself. When they start winning the close ones, they separate themselves.
He isnt really young but Eddie Blair from Johnson County middle school could do it i think
Justin does jump/threw around a lot,but he did that when he played the game,and wants to show some excitment when he is out there on field hoping it will get the players wanting to play with the same excitment he did,he helps when asked and thats all any coach can do.again he will someday make a good coach i do believe
russellpride Wrote:Nathan McPeek- Fairview

Led the Eagles to an 8-4 record this season and runs the Spread Wing-T offense. I believe he is only 26 years old and hopefully is the future Russell coach, not sure what other people think.

i believe McPeek could do well anywhere he desires to coach
P.C.Defense Wrote::eek:
Not yet TongueirateSho

I agree. He can stand another year or two under Coach Whitaker to better understand the spread offense. I think too many times a coach sees his name on sites like this and prematurely leaves for a head coaching job and falls on their face. He's a good coach and could probably struggle through head coaching for a few years until he becomes a good head coach, but he needs at least another year or two. Will be a good one eventually though.
hey i agree with the people who has said brad allen he is going to be a great coach if he just keeps doing what he is doing and if east ridge ever gets rid of him it will be a bad mistake on the administrations part
Hilbily Wrote:Zeke Jones-Jenkins... He took over this past season and endured alot of opposition. I know the Cav's had a rough year but he will turn that around. I look for them to have a 500 range program next outing and improve from there. I do not have any info and if anyone knows did Jenkins run the SideSaddle offense with Zeke.

It wasn't Zeke
it was his son David
IRISH4 Wrote:Yes I realize tha Madden coached my beloved Raiders, if you would've looked closely I said that some of the best coaches never stepped foot on a football field and used him as an example to prove my point. He did lead them to the Super Bowl victory and set up the tradition that ole Al still longs for Big Grin
But he "did" step foot on a football field.

Look at the next post.
IRISH4 Wrote:Yes I realize tha Madden coached my beloved Raiders, if you would've looked closely I said that some of the best coaches never stepped foot on a football field and used him as an example to prove my point. He did lead them to the Super Bowl victory and set up the tradition that ole Al still longs for Big Grin

"Playing career"
A football standout in high school, he then played junior college football at the College of San Mateo before transferring to California Polytechnic State University in San Luis Obispo, California, where he played both offense and defense. He won all-conference honors at offensive tackle. In addition, he was a catcher on Cal Poly's baseball team. Madden was drafted in the 21st round (244th overall) by the National Football League's Philadelphia Eagles in 1958, but a knee injury in training camp a year later ended his playing career.

"Coaching career"

College
John Madden began his coaching career at Buffalo State College, while he worked on his master's degree at Cal Poly. In 1960, he became an assistant coach at Allan Hancock College and was promoted to head coach in 1962. Following the 1963 season, he was hired as a defensive assistant at San Diego State University, where he served until 1966. During that final campaign, the San Diego State Aztecs were ranked among the top small college teams in the country. While at SDSU, Madden coached under Don Coryell, whom Madden credits as being an influence on his coaching and missing from the Hall of Fame [2].
FoOtBaLl FrEaK 8-0 Wrote:It wasn't Zeke
it was his son David

But, Jenkins will not have a 500. team next year, or anytime in the forseeable future. No knock on him. I am sure he will work hard, but you can't win the derby if you don't have some race horses. Just don't think their stable is any where near full. They were much more talented this year than they will be next year. 12 seniors gone from last year. I think they only returned maybe 3 starters or 4. They haven't fielded a middleschool program that has finished a season in at least three years that I am aware of. I am afraid we have seen the end of JHS football.
How about Larry Maggard from LCC. I know he had a hard time way back when he was at Morgan County but he was young and wet behind the ears and I think he would tell you he wasn't ready back then to be a head coach. He's the most organized and detailed coach I have ever seen. I think now that he has a few years of experience under first Mike Holcomb and now Hillard Howard he may be ready to give it another try.
Without a doubt Fred Hoskins of Bell Co. could handle being a Head Coach. He has been at Bell Co. for over a decade and is one of reasons for their sucess. He Coaches OL/DL for the Bobcats. Has been defensive coordinator and head assistant for some time for Coach Hilton. He was head freshman and JV coach before that and had a great record doing that. The players always play very hard for him and are very well coached. He communicates with the players better than anyone I have been around and he truly cares about them.

He truly has to be 1 of the better coaches in the state of KY.
blitz43 Wrote:"Playing career"
A football standout in high school, he then played junior college football at the College of San Mateo before transferring to California Polytechnic State University in San Luis Obispo, California, where he played both offense and defense. He won all-conference honors at offensive tackle. In addition, he was a catcher on Cal Poly's baseball team. Madden was drafted in the 21st round (244th overall) by the National Football League's Philadelphia Eagles in 1958, but a knee injury in training camp a year later ended his playing career.

"Coaching career"

College
John Madden began his coaching career at Buffalo State College, while he worked on his master's degree at Cal Poly. In 1960, he became an assistant coach at Allan Hancock College and was promoted to head coach in 1962. Following the 1963 season, he was hired as a defensive assistant at San Diego State University, where he served until 1966. During that final campaign, the San Diego State Aztecs were ranked among the top small college teams in the country. While at SDSU, Madden coached under Don Coryell, whom Madden credits as being an influence on his coaching and missing from the Hall of Fame [2].

As far as Madden playing in the "league" he never did, I was pretty sure he played in college but wasn't 100% sure...thanks for pointing that out...I guess you learn something new every day. I think I was talking about Charlie Weis though and threw Madden out there because I knew he never played in the NFL...the point I was trying to make is that a person doesn't have to play at a high level of football or even play football at all to be a successful coach and I'm pretty sure you would agree with that Wink
William Muney Wrote:Without a doubt Fred Hoskins of Bell Co. could handle being a Head Coach. He has been at Bell Co. for over a decade and is one of reasons for their sucess. He Coaches OL/DL for the Bobcats. Has been defensive coordinator and head assistant for some time for Coach Hilton. He was head freshman and JV coach before that and had a great record doing that. The players always play very hard for him and are very well coached. He communicates with the players better than anyone I have been around and he truly cares about them.

He truly has to be 1 of the better coaches in the state of KY.

I echo every word of that statement William. He is as good fundamentally as anyone you will find. Does a tremendous job getting the kids ready to play and maximizing a kids potential.