Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central vs. Estill County
Express Wrote:That was a sucker punch. Kenton was not even looking. There was nothing but a frustrated player assaulting a young man when he wasn't looking. Kenton got punched three or four times by Johnson Central players after the punch. He has a concussion and a possible fractured cheekbone as well as damage to his sinus cavities.

Anyone who says that Roberts or Estill was in the wrong are Liars. Period end of story.

Moderators please close this thread because there is a pending investigation and assault charges.

This is the way it came down all your excusses will not make it any diff a young kid was hurt today and there is no reason for it and if your coach knows the game this kid should be of the team
Even though what happened is rong, sounds to me like the Estill kid slap Ian and he whipped his *** and since his got his *** whipped your saying he got sucker punched lol.
BlueStripes Wrote:Even though what happened is rong, sounds to me like the Estill kid slap Ian and he whipped his *** and since his got his *** whipped your saying he got sucker punched lol.

yes you have alot of class there boy.
BlueStripes Wrote:Even though what happened is rong, sounds to me like the Estill kid slap Ian and he whipped his *** and since his got his *** whipped your saying he got sucker punched lol.

Finally the truth comes out!
Did Ian just have a 19th birthday recently? May turn into more than just kids having a brawl......
i'm sure Ian is very proud tonight he suckered punched a 16 year old kid that makes him a big boy.
i hope that ever one can take a min a say a prayer form Kenton tonight and pray for a quick recovery,
Looks like things got out of hand tonight.

Everyone needs to stop bashing each other because this thread is just going to get closed.

Let's get to what matters..who even won this game?
Kenton was walking away and got hit with a MAN's full body weight in the face. This what happened and I will testify as such. Period. The game means nothing at this point. A man hit a boy when he wasn't looking (suckerpunch).
Now What Wrote:Did Ian just have a 19th birthday recently? May turn into more than just kids having a brawl......

This is crazy! The last time I looked if you were attacked you have the right to defend yourself. He was also at a school supervised funtion with officials. This was a simple game incident that went bad, not a bar brawl. I am not condoning it but it does happen each year. This is a great kid who had to be provoked a great deal for this to happen. How about the Estill kids that attacked him?

I am sure all you would have to do it turn on the tv and one of the fine whip lash lawyers would love to try this.
MonsterMan Wrote:This is crazy! The last time I looked if you were attacked you have the right to defend yourself. He was also at a school supervised funtion with officials. This was a simple game incident that went bad, not a bar brawl. I am not condoning it but it does happen each year. This is a great kid who had to be provoked a great deal for this to happen. How about the Estill kids that attacked him?

I am sure all you would have to do it turn on the tv and one of the fine whip lash lawyers would love to try this.

At what age are you considered an adult?:confused:
Express Wrote:Kenton was walking away and got hit with a MAN's full body weight in the face. This what happened and I will testify as such. Period. The game means nothing at this point. A man hit a boy when he wasn't looking (suckerpunch).

Why was this boy playing in a game with men? Would you testify for sure that the kid did not hit the JC kid first? Are you sure of that? Please do not trash a young man out of your temper and rage. This is a big statement that could come back to haunt you if the tape show different!
MonsterMan Wrote:Are their any JC fans on here, seems we are getting one side? If the JC kids are at fault, why did two from Estill get thrown out too? I know the JC kids and this is not their style, has to be more to the story.

Two kids from Estill got thrown out because they wasn't going to allow their teammate to be hit continuously after already being knocked out.
MonsterMan Wrote:Why was this boy playing in a game with men? Would you testify for sure that the kid did not hit the JC kid first? Are you sure of that? Please do not trash a young man out of your temper and rage. This is a big statement that could come back to haunt you if the tape show different!
I would testify beyond a shadow of a doubt and am not trashing anyone. This is haunting me right now, it does not have to come back.

Thats ridiculous. Basketball is a physical sport, but when a guy goes to the extreme and sucker punches his opponent because he was being SHUT DOWN? Thats stupid. Roberts was seriously injured by an idiotic action of a Johnson Central player. This game totally got out of hand, and the refs obviously didn't know how to try to control it.

My thoughts & prayers go out to Kenton Roberts.
Express Wrote:I would testify beyond a shadow of a doubt and am not trashing anyone. This is haunting me right now, it does not have to come back.

Testify to what?
putonformycity Wrote:Thats ridiculous. Basketball is a physical sport, but when a guy goes to the extreme and sucker punches his opponent because he was being SHUT DOWN? Thats stupid. Roberts was seriously injured by an idiotic action of a Johnson Central player. This game totally got out of hand, and the refs obviously didn't know how to try to control it.

Thank you man i cant sleep thinking about Kenton he is a class act and would not hurt anyone i'm going to go see him tomorrow thank you for your prayers,
putonformycity Wrote:Thats ridiculous. Basketball is a physical sport, but when a guy goes to the extreme and sucker punches his opponent because he was being SHUT DOWN? Thats stupid. Roberts was seriously injured by an idiotic action of a Johnson Central player. This game totally got out of hand, and the refs obviously didn't know how to try to control it.

This is getting out of hand! I was not at the game but I am hearing the Estill kid threw the first punch. Knowing the JC player like I do I feel this is what happened. If the Estill kid did through the first punch do you think that was ok? The game tape will show the truth. As far as shutting him down, the radio made it sound like he was far from shut down.

Our thought and prayers are with the Estill kid and no one from JC wants or condones this beahavior, but sounds like the refs let it get out of hand and there will be alot of blame to spread around on both sides.
MonsterMan Wrote:Testify to what?

Would you testify under oath that the Estill kid did not strike the JC kid first?
MonsterMan Wrote:This is getting out of hand! I was not at the game but I am hearing the Estill kid threw the first punch. Knowing the JC player like I do I feel this is what happened. If the Estill kid did through the first punch do you think that was ok? The game tape will show the truth. As far as shutting him down, the radio made it sound like he was far from shut down.

Our thought and prayers are with the Estill kid and no one from JC wants or condones this beahavior, but sounds like the refs let it get out of hand and there will be alot of blame to spread around on both sides.
100% Roberts did not throw any punches much less the first. It got out of hand the minute the fist made contact with the face.
MonsterMan Wrote:Would you testify under oath that the Estill kid did not strike the JC kid first?
As God is my witness.
you dont get it do you ....... he did not punch anyone he was not even looking and got suckered punched you can blame anyone you want this was a coward act and he should never ever be in a high school sport.
How many punches were thrown?
one was two damm many this was a high school ball game just a coward act that should never happen.
Express Wrote:As God is my witness.

Like I said I was not there but from what I hear you may want to talk to someone who will see the tape. I have my information from a pretty good source or I would not have posted all this stuff. There will be people who will counter what you say. Be sure you saw the whole thing.
MonsterMan Wrote:Like I said I was not there but from what I hear you may want to talk to someone who will see the tape. I have my information from a pretty good source or I would not have posted all this stuff. There will be people who will counter what you say. Be sure you saw the whole thing.

Who do we beleive? Someone thats an eyewitness or someone going on hearsay.:confused:
courtdog Wrote:one was two damm many this was a high school ball game just a coward act that should never happen.

Well there is a difference between self-dense and assault. Thats why I was asking.
i would love to be there when they look at the tape and watch the coward get whsat he has coming to him. Like i said if the coach is any kind of a man he should take care of this he has the tape. but he is probley a coward also
Now What Wrote:Who do we beleive? Someone thats an eyewitness or someone going on hearsay.:confused:

A good solid eye witness that was at the game who will tell the truth. I am afraid in their rage some of these guys did not see the whole thing happen.

By the way, you were on another JC site tonight and bashing JC there too. We know you are a Paintsville fan and you do not need to be on here stirring up trouble, we know who you are. You being on here trashing a great kid and athlete really shows the class Paintsville and you have.
I was not there but played in games in high school and college and in the heat of the moment emotions over ride common sense. I don't condone throwing a punch or a slap or even jawing but we cant hang a young man for making a mistake. suspensions yes, taking his whole high school career no.