Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Los Angeles Lakers
65.52%
Orlando Magic
34.48%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NBA Finals: Magic vs. Lakers
Lakers in 6
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Lamar is a big man, Rashard Lewis and Turkoglu are small forwards.

I think you need to jump off that Laker bandwaggon. Wink

Rashard Lewis plays the 4 (PF) & Turk plays the 3 (SF). Therefore, Odom will be guarding Lewis & Ariza will be guarding Turk.

Goes to show how much you know.Wink
get em son
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Rashard Lewis plays the 4 (PF) & Turk plays the 3 (SF). Therefore, Odom will be guarding Lewis & Ariza will be guarding Turk.

Goes to show how much you know.Wink

Well of course Rashard is listed at the power forward spot. That's how you get both him and Turkoglu in the lineup. :Thumbs:

What I mean by them both being small forwards was that they both have small forward skills and are both 6'10. I just think that Odom will have trouble guarding Lewis on the perimeter. If Lewis takes it inside then Odom will overpower him though.

Still yet, Ariza will be able to guard Turkoglu (I believe Ariza is around 6'8).

This will be a very entertaining Finals for basketball fans no matter how much you may not like the other team. I guess you can say (especially BCA:biggrin: ) that I am not too fond of the Lakers. But, that's not why I'm picking the Magic (I've already discussed why I did). I still say this series goes 7 games with the Magic stealing game 7 at the Staples Center.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Well of course Rashard is listed at the power forward spot. That's how you get both him and Turkoglu in the lineup. :Thumbs:

What I mean by them both being small forwards was that they both have small forward skills and are both 6'10. I just think that Odom will have trouble guarding Lewis on the perimeter. If Lewis takes it inside then Odom will overpower him though.

Still yet, Ariza will be able to guard Turkoglu (I believe Ariza is around 6'8).

This will be a very entertaining Finals for basketball fans no matter how much you may not like the other team. I guess you can say (especially BCA:biggrin: ) that I am not too fond of the Lakers. But, that's not why I'm picking the Magic (I've already discussed why I did). I still say this series goes 7 games with the Magic stealing game 7 at the Staples Center.

Thursday don't make any plans because you are watching the game with me. Deal?
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Thursday don't make any plans because you are watching the game with me. Deal?

You are on. I'll give you heck.:biggrin:
outdoorsman43 Wrote:You are on. I'll give you heck.:biggrin:

You better not be lying, because you know where liars go don't you?
BlackcatAlum Wrote:You better not be lying, because you know where liars go don't you?

Oh don't worry. I will be there.
lil dog Wrote:suppose,suppose, not suppost!!!! Magic in 7, if they play like they did last night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

are u an English teacher or something? lol, who cares its one word, my point is still clear
Lakers match up well with the Magic.
Lakers in 4 or 5.
Kobe gets that 4th ring!!! Smile
Since the Lakers have home-court advantage, I will take them to win the gold this season. Orlando has a chance if they steal one of the first two games in L.A. But, if the Lakers start the series 2-0, it's all over. Sure, you can say a series don't start until the home team loses. But, I will just tell you right now if the Magic don't steal one of the first two games, then IT IS OVER.

Howard is probably the best big man we have had in the league in a decade or more regarding his skills and the way he plays. I just don't think that will be enough though. Gasol and Bynum will sandwich him in the middle and that will slow him down I think. I sort of agree with the posters that say that both Lewis and Turkoglu won't be able to be stopped. That being said, I still think that Kobe will get his fourth ring and the first one without Shaq.

Lakers in 7.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:What makes you think that? Lamar Odom is 6'10, the same height as Lewis & Turk are. He is more athletic than Turk & just as good if not better than Lewis.

I think you need to take of those anti-Laker glasses.

Wait a second, now you are saying that Lamar plays defense????? So for 10 years of his career he's been hiding that talent until this years NBA finals?
Stardust Wrote:Wait a second, now you are saying that Lamar plays defense????? So for 10 years of his career he's been hiding that talent until this years NBA finals?

:thatsfunn
Stardust Wrote:Wait a second, now you are saying that Lamar plays defense????? So for 10 years of his career he's been hiding that talent until this years NBA finals?

outdoorsman43 Wrote::thatsfunn

Oh no, the BGR Tag-team Champs are here. Smile
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Oh no, the BGR Tag-team Champs are here. Smile

And don't you fughedaboudit....... :1:
Stardust Wrote:And don't you fughedaboudit....... :1:

Wink Can we be stopped?
Stardust Wrote:And don't you fughedaboudit....... :1:

outdoorsman43 Wrote:Wink Can we be stopped?

An unstoppable force meets and immovable object.
TheVille is absolutely insane with all of his predictions. He has not called ANYTHING right. He simply says the Magic because he is a Lebron lover. Well Lebron is being sent home, in less games then it took the magic to send the Celtics home WITHOUT their BEST player KG on the court. The Lakers will be the NBA CHAMPIONS in 5 or 6 games. They have the two hugest X-factors in the game. THE BEST PLAYER IN THE LEAGUE....KOBE BRYANT! And without a doubt, THE BEST COACH.... PHIL JACKSON! I rest my case.........furthermore i believe all of the Kobe haters should just accept the fact he is a GREAT player, and he is winning his 4th ring, this year.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:An unstoppable force meets and immovable object.

The Dark Knight!
Game 1 is tonight on ABC. Coverage begins at 8:30.

Who do you got tonight?
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Game 1 is tonight on ABC. Coverage begins at 8:30.

Who do you got tonight?

I got LA in this one. Because it is at home.

But, I got the Magic to take the series.
I'll take LA tonight by 8 points.
I am pulling for the Magic and hope they can win in 6 games!! Even though I really don't care who wins!!
What kind of an impact will Nelson make coming back from his long sit out?
Game 1 - Halftime - Lakers up, 53-43.

Kobe is looking unstoppable right now with 18 pts & 6 assts.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Game 1 - Halftime - Lakers up, 53-43.

Kobe is looking unstoppable right now with 18 pts & 6 assts.

Kobe just has a determined look in his eye. And you can tell he means business.
Okay, Kobe is putting on a clinic tonight. Magic might as well look to Game 2 now. Kobe is just on his absolute A-game tonight.
Lakers up 82-58 through 3.

Kobe Bryant - 36 pts, 7 rebs, 8 assts.
So tag-team champs, Odom & Ariza payed pretty good defense tonight, huh?