Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best 15th Region Program in last 10 years
"Redneck" Wrote:
"PHSFAN" Wrote:
"eddie wayne" Wrote:Pikeville by far... and I agree with PHSFAN totally on the 98 (possibly) and for sure the 99 team being the better team than this years. They were unreal.
But I hope this years team fares well and I believe they will.

I agree with you Eddie Wayne. I hope this years team wins the region and keeps winning after that, but they don't compare to that 99 team. The 99 team is the best team that Pikeville has ever had. There was not 1 single easy out in tha lineup, they could hit 1-9. They lacked one more good pitcher from winning the state title IMO.

Woulda been nice if Pikeville would have had Jon Bevins instead of Pike Central, then they DEFINATELY would have been DANGEROUS.

No doubt....it would have been interesting to see how far that team would have went with Bevins in the rotation.
BL went to state in 94 if im not mistaking thats when they had Brandon Castle one of the best players to ever come out of this region.
Paintsville won state in 1990. That's longer than 10 years ago, but year in year out it's been Paintsville and Pikeville. The edge would have to go to Pikeville though.
best program? Pikeville
PHSFAN Wrote:I hope they win the region again and reach the 30 win mark. Sounds like this may be the best team at Pikeville since the 99 season.

the 05 pikeville team was beter than the team they'll have next year
Wow. Back in the day? Lol turns out that 2005 team was pretty good though. They did win region and eclipse the 30 win mark.