Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th region draw
pickandroll Wrote:Why is everyone assuming Wolfe will win their first round match against JBS. JBS has already beat them once this year on Wolfe's home floor. JBS has more experience, a better inside game, and their guards match up well with Wolfe. It will be PCC vs JBS in the semi-finals, sorry to burst your bubble.

agree none of wolfe can guard brax childers out top
kywldcat01 Wrote:Calpreps.com Predictions:

Perry Co Central 72 Owsley Co 46
Wolfe Co 65 June Buchanan 64

Knott Co Central 82 Breathitt Co 73
Hazard 76 Powell Co 52

Semi Finals:
Perry Co Central 69 Wolfe Co 48
Knott Co Central 64 Hazard 60

Finals:
Knott Co Central 57 Perry Co Central 56

:boosign:
:Thumbs:Knott wins the 14th
KCC wins 14th :Thumbs:
kywldcat01 Wrote:Calpreps.com Predictions:

Perry Co Central 72 Owsley Co 46
Wolfe Co 65 June Buchanan 64

Knott Co Central 82 Breathitt Co 73
Hazard 76 Powell Co 52

Semi Finals:
Perry Co Central 69 Wolfe Co 48
Knott Co Central 64 Hazard 60

Finals:
Knott Co Central 57 Perry Co Central 56

There is usually at least one upset, and this year I think it may be Breathitt over KCC.

Even though Owsley is senior loaded (9?) I don't think they can upset PCC, although this would probably be the biggest upset possible this year in the first round.

Powell is not very likely to upset Hazard.
ARC Wrote:There is usually at least one upset, and this year I think it may be Breathitt over KCC.

Even though Owsley is senior loaded (9?) I don't think they can upset PCC, although this would probably be the biggest upset possible this year in the first round.

Powell is not very likely to upset Hazard.

Yeah, your crazy.
theVILLE Wrote:PCC sure got lucky with the draw! They cant get lucky at everything...Hazard or KCC wins

VILLE!
Don't hate lol
Ballers Wrote:Yeah, your crazy.

I think it's a pretty good post
zaga_fan Wrote:I think it's a pretty good post

And you would only think that because 1) your die hard Perry, and 2) think they are going to win region, which they are not IMO. Smile
Go Bulldogs !!!!
pickandroll Wrote:Why is everyone assuming Wolfe will win their first round match against JBS. JBS has already beat them once this year on Wolfe's home floor. JBS has more experience, a better inside game, and their guards match up well with Wolfe. It will be PCC vs JBS in the semi-finals, sorry to burst your bubble.

Not everyone is asuming that...this is just one situation it could be but I do believe Wolfe is playing there best ball right now...showing with a win against a team that is 10 plus points better then JBS in Breathitt County...everyone has an opinion and they all stink...I got to say if KCC does win the region that they will deserves it for they got murders row to get to state...can't wait to see how this bottom bracket turns out
Ballers Wrote:And you would only think that because 1) your die hard Perry, and 2) think they are going to win region, which they are not IMO. Smile

You have to be a die hard Perry fan or think they are going to win region to think that they aren't going to get upset by Owsley?

Perry is capable of beating every team in either side of this bracket.
They've embarassed a few.
The only one team in this tourney that they have played and not beaten is Hazard...
and they lost by 3 in Hazard's house with Mullins in foul trouble, Cornett missing gimme's at the rim, and turning it over twice as much as Hazard did.
Perry is very capable of winning region
zaga_fan Wrote:You have to be a die hard Perry fan or think they are going to win region to think that they aren't going to get upset by Owsley?

Perry is capable of beating every team in either side of this bracket.
They've embarassed a few.
The only one team in this tourney that they have played and not beaten is Hazard...
and they lost by 3 in Hazard's house with Mullins in foul trouble, Cornett missing gimme's at the rim, and turning it over twice as much as Hazard did.
Perry is very capable of winning region

Coulda woulda shoulda... fyi, I predicted the outcome of that game, as I did the buckhorn game vs perry. Not saying PCC isn't capable of beating teams, but as for winning the tourney I just don't see it. KCC has had my vote from day 1 and still does. Do you not remember me saying Hazard by 4 in a close one on a previous thread?
KCC will roll through region.
Ballers Wrote:Coulda woulda shoulda... fyi, I predicted the outcome of that game, as I did the buckhorn game vs perry. Not saying PCC isn't capable of beating teams, but as for winning the tourney I just don't see it. KCC has had my vote from day 1 and still does. Do you not remember me saying Hazard by 4 in a close one on a previous thread?

You mentioned this already. Who cares?
Overrated Wrote:KCC will roll through region.

Agree, glad to see someone knows a good ball team when they see one.
king360 Wrote:You mentioned this already. Who cares?

Hmm, well if I was referring to something you posted, then why would you care?
Ballers Wrote:Hmm, well if I was referring to something you posted, then why would you care?

You're just being a ********..
Aslan Wrote:I'd rather Perry drew Knott but this works too. This draw gives Hatcher a ton of time to prepare for Knott/Hazard. Heck, don't be suprised to see Breathitt give Knott a scare and maybe even beat them.

I'm sure.
king360 Wrote:You're just being a ********..

Well I can give my opinion just like you can give your opinion of me being a ........
Ballers Wrote:Well I can give my opinion just like you can give your opinion of me being a ........

********?..:Thumbs:
I honestly think that it will be PCC/KCC in the finals.
It will be close to, but PCC I think will pull it off.
My reasoning for this is that Perry is going to take it right at Stamper and Cox and try to get them in foul trouble. Size is also going to kill Knott, Perry is much longer. It will be close though, the game will be decided within 5 points imo. This won't be an easy game for either team, but I think Perry is better suited for this post-season. Good Luck to all teams though.
dores legend Wrote:I honestly think that it will be PCC/KCC in the finals.
It will be close to, but PCC I think will pull it off.
My reasoning for this is that Perry is going to take it right at Stamper and Cox and try to get them in foul trouble. Size is also going to kill Knott, Perry is much longer. It will be close though, the game will be decided within 5 points imo. This won't be an easy game for either team, but I think Perry is better suited for this post-season. Good Luck to all teams though.

Like last game I guess? How do you get they are much longer?? Because of Cornett?? :zzz:
I think some of you are confusing "long" and "big" in reference to height.

Mullins would be considered "long." Long arms, long legs, and nice size.

Cornett would be considered "big." Big body, average arms, average legs.

When referring to a player being "long" it's usually in reference to their wingspan...ala Lebron James who has a 7'2 wingspan at 6'8.

From seeing both teams, I'd say KCC is "longer" than PCC.

Mullins of PCC was the only one for the Dores with broad shoulders and long arms that I saw.
Overrated Wrote:Like last game I guess? How do you get they are much longer?? Because of Cornett?? :zzz:

Not just Cornett no. Mullins, Martin, Noble. They are all pretty tall, I don't know the exact heights, but they are bigger. Knott had no answer for Cornett for a lot of the last game though. If Mullins uses his length how he should then Knott can't stop him because of how athletic he is. My point is that Perry is longer than Knott, and you can't teach someone to be big, it just happens. It's just not one of Knott's strong suits. Ratliff is the tallest on Knott's starting lineup, Perry has three in their starting lineup that are at least as tall as him.
kywldcat01 Wrote:I think some of you are confusing "long" and "big" in reference to height.

When referring to a player being "long" it's usually in reference to their wingspan...ala Lebron James who has a 7'2 wingspan at 6'8.

Mullins of PCC was the only one for the Dores with broad shoulders and long arms that I saw.

Wait, so your saying that Cornett is big, but not long? I think that argument is better suited for Martin, not Cornett. And let's not compare LeBron to high school kids, he is a freak of nature.
dores legend Wrote:Wait, so your saying that Cornett is big, but not long? I think that argument is better suited for Martin, not Cornett. And let's not compare LeBron to high school kids, he is a freak of nature.

I believe it's #40 or #44 down low for PCC. Maybe a sophomore? He looks like an offensive lineman playing basketball. Maybe that helps out?

How about Elijah Pittman or Chane Behanan? Those are perfect examples of kids who are considered "very long." Pittman has a 7'0 wingspan at 6'8 and Behanan has around a 6'11 wingspan at 6'7.
dores legend Wrote:Not just Cornett no. Mullins, Martin, Noble. They are all pretty tall, I don't know the exact heights, but they are bigger. Knott had no answer for Cornett for a lot of the last game though. If Mullins uses his length how he should then Knott can't stop him because of how athletic he is. My point is that Perry is longer than Knott, and you can't teach someone to be big, it just happens. It's just not one of Knott's strong suits. Ratliff is the tallest on Knott's starting lineup, Perry has three in their starting lineup that are at least as tall as him.

Let's not forget about the Salyers kid that plays major mins. he is as you say long he's about 6'3 with long arms and avg. about 7or8 rbs. a game.
kywldcat01 Wrote:I think some of you are confusing "long" and "big" in reference to height.

Agreed. Not to mention a "long" team that can get up with the ball.
dores legend Wrote:Not just Cornett no. Mullins, Martin, Noble. They are all pretty tall, I don't know the exact heights, but they are bigger. Knott had no answer for Cornett for a lot of the last game though. If Mullins uses his length how he should then Knott can't stop him because of how athletic he is. My point is that Perry is longer than Knott, and you can't teach someone to be big, it just happens. It's just not one of Knott's strong suits. Ratliff is the tallest on Knott's starting lineup, Perry has three in their starting lineup that are at least as tall as him.

LOL, Perry is not bigger/longer than KCC..Perry has ONE player that KCC can't match.. Why post such insane stuff?