Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike Co. Central 60 Sheldon Clark 54 (15th Region Tourn.)
Nice win Lady Hawks! I think the Lady Cards will use this as fuel next season and be VERY dangerous! Good Luck the rest of the way Lady Hawks!
I will have to agree. Thompson and Harris was the key to this win. They kept their team in the game and kept them focused. Also, not only has Harris been underrated this year, the all team has. Thompson has had a good year, good team leader, good ball handler. Harris has had several 30+ games along with a 40 point game. Murphy is also peaking at the right time. Great job last night by Coleman guarding Newsom. Kept Newsom from scoring. GOOD LUCK HAWKS!!!!!!! I can see Bowling Green in the near future.
Congrats Pike Central
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Just wanna see them. Who said it was going to be a debate. Wanted to see if sheldon clark missing free throws caused them problems.
They shout 69% as a team and that causes problems.

but since u think its going to be an issue maybe there was...

The only thing SC had to do was look at a PC girl and there was a foul...PC tripped and everything and i didnt see very many fouls called when there should have been...
you're kidding right??? Several of SC fouls on Harris could have easily been intentional.
jumpman_23 Wrote:The only thing SC had to do was look at a PC girl and there was a foul...PC tripped and everything and i didnt see very many fouls called when there should have been...

as I said WC23 here you go...
Why did anyone put these two teams against each other in the first round?
cards_athlete Wrote:Why did anyone put these two teams against each other in the first round?

I believe it was just the luck of the draw...
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:as I said WC23 here you go...

Fortune teller much? :lmao:
Had the game went the othee way people would be saying the same thing
Casual Observer Wrote:I believe it was just the luck of the draw...
I think it should be done a different way. I mean, 2 of the best teams in the entire tournament going head to head in the 1st round just isn't right to me. Anyone agree?
cards_athlete Wrote:I think it should be done a different way. I mean, 2 of the best teams in the entire tournament going head to head in the 1st round just isn't right to me. Anyone agree?

I agree but it happened and we lost there is nothing we can do about that. With that said the Lady Cards only had 3 Seniors and only one started this year, so I feel like it will be another good season for the Lady Cards next year.
If PC would have won there district then there would not have been a chance for this first round matchup.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Had the game went the othee way people would be saying the same thing

disagree because Pike Central wasnt even picked to be in this one...Just like in football I would admit that on that night the better team won...when I refer to that I am refering to your alls victory over Central in football...
cards_athlete Wrote:I think it should be done a different way. I mean, 2 of the best teams in the entire tournament going head to head in the 1st round just isn't right to me. Anyone agree?

how else would you like to do it? Based on record they would have played each other if im not mistaking...Also by the prediction bored many were licking there chops and were picking double digit victories for Sheldon Clark...I remember also hearing ppl after the game when Pike Central beat the Lady Cards that THIS Pike Central team COULDNT beat SC WITH BOOTH...just saying...Seems like to many this was a favorable match up for Sheldon Clark and not Pike Central at all just by common knowldge and discussions I over heard by many around the area....

IMO overall yes Sheldon Clark is great team I think this game is a 50/50 match up...I also believe that 12-12 record going into the Sheldon Clark game does not depict this Pike Central at all...
Have to hand it to Gary Fields, playing the chaser on Newsome was the key to the game as no one besides Booth stepped up. A disappointing way to end the season for the Lady Cards but maybe this will refocus them for next season.
Interesting game to watch......I just hope this doesn't give some of you the illusion that he is ready to coach boys.............
Why do half the people who post on Bluegrass rivals misspell "their" as "there"? Please note the difference, if you mean someone's team, it is "their" team, not "there" team.
congrats hannah and Hollie and the hawks. In the whole tournament those two by themselfs want this more than everyother player x50 it's there senior year and there not going to stop. There unbelievable and are just amazing!!!! You two have more heart desire passion pride dedication and leadership than anyone I know. As of the rest of the team you all are great and they can't do it with out you. You allll as a team work hard and hopefully take it all #1 baby!!!