Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USA Today/ESPN Top 25: Duke No. 1
zaga_fan Wrote:idc who they recruited
They aren't top 10 material
The Zags will be in there before long, though
They never drop many games, but the WCC is starting to pick up with St.Mary's and Santa Clara.:please:
Expect the Pepperdine Waves to pick it up this year as well.
No one prolly knows who any of those teams are though lol

:thatsfunn
zaga_fan Wrote:i dont like unc over uk

Me either.
zaga_fan Wrote:idc who they recruited
They aren't top 10 material
The Zags will be in there before long, though
They never drop many games, but the WCC is starting to pick up with St.Mary's and Santa Clara.
Expect the Pepperdine Waves to pick it up this year as well.
No one prolly knows who any of those teams are though lol

lol.

They're kind of like Boise St., but in my opinion not as good in their sport. Gonzaga is one of those teams that'll go 32-2, but not play any top 25 team besides St. Mary's and then lose in the 1st or 2nd round of the NCAA tourny.

I guess we'll see if they're for real at the first of the season. If I'm not mistaken, they're in a tournament with alot of good teams I think.
vundy33 Wrote:lol.

They're kind of like Boise St., but in my opinion not as good in their sport. Gonzaga is one of those teams that'll go 32-2, but not play any top 25 team besides St. Mary's and then lose in the 1st or 2nd round of the NCAA tourny.

I guess we'll see if they're for real at the first of the season. If I'm not mistaken, they're in a tournament with alot of good teams I think.

Zaga usual plays a good non conference schedule and have made some nice runs in the tournament. I'd give them more props than Boise.
Aslan Wrote:Zaga usual plays a good non conference schedule and have made some nice runs in the tournament. I'd give them more props than Boise.

Ohh, really? It seems like I remember a huge win from Gonzaga or a team like them in a early season tourny in the last few years, I think it might have been the Maui Invatational..I didn't catch the first of last season, I may have them mixed up. Correct me on this, please.
I think UK should be pushed up in the top ten just a little.. But I sure don't mind seeing them in the top 10.
vundy33 Wrote:Ohh, really? It seems like I remember a huge win from Gonzaga or a team like them in a early season tourny in the last few years, I think it might have been the Maui Invatational..I didn't catch the first of last season, I may have them mixed up. Correct me on this, please.

Well Zaga_Fan will know more about this than I but off the top of my head, I know Zaga has made a few sweet 16 runs and maybe an elite 8 appearance. They also beat #1 UNC in the regular season, I believe that was when UNC won the title. So, yes, I believe Zaga has more credibility than Boise.
Zaga has beaten UNC when they were ranked #1
They've beaten Memphis when they were good
They did win the Maui a few years ago and took out Michigan Sate in the finals when Shannon Brown played for them.
Like Aslan said....
They play a good nonconference schedule but when it comes conference time they don't play anyone, get shafted in the draw, and have to play a #1 seed in the second round lol
They have a LOADED nonconference schedule this year that it will probably be impossible for them to creep out of undefeated lol
Kansas State
If they beat Kansas State they play the winner of a Duke/Marquette game
Illinois
Notre Dame
Baylor
Xavier
Oklahoma State
and Wake Forest
Ballers Wrote:I think UK should be pushed up in the top ten just a little.. But I sure don't mind seeing them in the top 10.

I think there right where they should be, maybe a little to high. They have a ton of unproven talent and without Enes, 10 sounds about right.
Not much respect for Butler. Hayward was a great player to lose early but Butler will still see the top 10 at some point this season.
Ballers Wrote:Are you serious!?!?!?! Pfffffft.
I will let the season do the talking and go out on a limb and predict WV's future record to be 18-20.. NIT appearance in your guys future. Congrats!!

You wish. Huggy has a knack of getting the best out of his players at just the right time. And even though Boatright decommitted, it looks like Huggy has a gem of a class for 2011. :moon:
Is it just me or does anyone else hope Duke doesnt win a game haha.
These polls mean nothing but their fun to look and poke at, it seems everybody lost so much last year that they had to just guess at who they were putting up there, if UK can go through the season without losing a game until the SEC schedule begins theyll be ranked #1 entering their SEC schedule, i think nobody is going to go undefeated in the regular season, i also think everybody except maybe Duke is going to have atleast 4 losses this season.
Thanks for the info on Zaga. That is one **** of a schedule. I'd like to see a Zags-dUKe game, with dUKe getting stomped into the ground. Heck, I'd like to see any team stomp them.

I think UK is right where they need to be. If anything, they are ranked to high. But I like where they're at.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:You wish. Huggy has a knack of getting the best out of his players at just the right time. And even though Boatright decommitted, it looks like Huggy has a gem of a class for 2011. :moon:

Did WVU lose Mazulla? If they did that's too bad..
Still can't get over how great of a scorer he was.. his big 20.9 points a game..

Ooops! I meant 2.9 points per game and forgot to mention he had 17 on UK. :zzz: Game of that kids life!!
Aslan Wrote:I think there right where they should be, maybe a little to high. They have a ton of unproven talent and without Enes, 10 sounds about right.

WITH Enes, he makes UK head and shoulders better above the rest.
Ballers Wrote:WITH Enes, he makes UK head and shoulders better above the rest.

At least he should. I'd like to see him play with this group first to see how he coexists. This is not always an easy or natural fit.
vundy33 Wrote:Thanks for the info on Zaga. That is one **** of a schedule. I'd like to see a Zags-dUKe game, with dUKe getting stomped into the ground. Heck, I'd like to see any team stomp them.

I think UK is right where they need to be. If anything, they are ranked to high. But I like where they're at.

Zags played Duke last year and got embarassed lol
I'll be pulling for anyone except Duke.
Stardust Wrote:At least he should. I'd like to see him play with this group first to see how he coexists. This is not always an easy or natural fit.

Ya know I was thinking..
I could about guarantee UK has some way around that..
I am sure Cal has motivated his players to go to a gym somewhere on the outskirts of Lexington and play.. Just play pick up ball or something not a "team practice"..
If the team were too just go play pick up ball somewhere, could NCAA investigate that or say anything about it? I highly doubt it..

With that said, I am sure the UK squad is all too familiar with what Enes has and can bring to the table. I'd say there is plenty of that done behind the backs of NCAA executioners.
Ballers Wrote:WITH Enes, he makes UK head and shoulders better above the rest.

Have the team with the most talent don't always translate to championships. Last year is a good example of that. With Enes UK would definitely have the most talented team this year.
Ohio state
Aslan Wrote:Have the team with the most talent don't always translate to championships. Last year is a good example of that. With Enes UK would definitely have the most talented team this year.

Hmm.. So if they win the championship you will be shocked??..
Not a UK faithful ehh?...
We"ll, it's statements like that, that are really irrelevant.. 'look at last year' blah blah blah.. Different year, different players.. Past is the past.
Againstme! Wrote:Ohio state

What about them?
Ballers Wrote:What about them?

"The Buckeyes, under the direction of head coach Thad Matta, return four starters from a season ago, when the Buckeyes advanced to the NCAA Sweet 16 and finished with an overall record of 29-8. The 2009-10 squad shared the regular season Big Ten title (14-4) and won the postseason crown as well. The 2010-11 squad blends a mix of veterans along with a half-dozen freshmen, a class ranked among the Top 3 nationally." Pretty good dont ya say
Againstme! Wrote:"The Buckeyes, under the direction of head coach Thad Matta, return four starters from a season ago, when the Buckeyes advanced to the NCAA Sweet 16 and finished with an overall record of 29-8. The 2009-10 squad shared the regular season Big Ten title (14-4) and won the postseason crown as well. The 2010-11 squad blends a mix of veterans along with a half-dozen freshmen, a class ranked among the Top 3 nationally." Pretty good dont ya say

LOL..
Sorry dude, but when they lost Evan Turner.. They lost all hope in a run in the NCAA chamionship. Not saying that their recruits aren't good cause I am sure they are.. But Evan Turner packed that team last year with 20+ points a game.. That is a big hole they have to fill and I ain't buyin' it.
Againstme! Wrote:"The Buckeyes, under the direction of head coach Thad Matta, return four starters from a season ago, when the Buckeyes advanced to the NCAA Sweet 16 and finished with an overall record of 29-8. The 2009-10 squad shared the regular season Big Ten title (14-4) and won the postseason crown as well. The 2010-11 squad blends a mix of veterans along with a half-dozen freshmen, a class ranked among the Top 3 nationally." Pretty good dont ya say

40 points per game left from last years squad. Not sure who the four starters are, but the Buckeye's lose Turner and Diebler and Lauderdale. That leaves the top returning scores as Buford and Lighty at 26 points between them.
Stardust Wrote:40 points per game left from last years squad. Not sure who the four starters are, but the Buckeye's lose Turner and Diebler and Lauderdale. That leaves the top returning scores as Buford and Lighty at 26 points between them.

Wooooooo!!!
Ballers Wrote:LOL..
Sorry dude, but when they lost Evan Turner.. They lost all hope in a run in the NCAA chamionship. Not saying that their recruits aren't good cause I am sure they are.. But Evan Turner packed that team last year with 20+ points a game.. That is a big hole they have to fill and I ain't buyin' it.

So UK is Number #1 in your eyes is like saying, PCC football was going 10-0 this year. i'm not saying ohi state is number one i'm saying they'll be a good team...UK will be a good team to but i dont think they're right behind Duke for number one in the NCAA. i see atleat 5 teams better then UK this year. Duke, Kansas State, Michigan State, Villanova, and i'm still gonna say Purdue with Robbie Hummel out. i hate half those teams more then UK but skill has to be showen. i might change by tune during the year but as of now i dont see UK making it to the finals i'm just not seeing it.
Againstme! Wrote:So UK is Number #1 in your eyes is like saying, PCC football was going 10-0 this year. i'm not saying ohi state is number one i'm saying they'll be a good team...UK will be a good team to but i dont think they're right behind Duke for number one in the NCAA. i see atleat 5 teams better then UK this year. Duke, Kansas State, Michigan State, Villanova, and i'm still gonna say Purdue with Robbie Hummel out. i hate half those teams more then UK but skill has to be showen. i might change by tune during the year but as of now i dont see UK making it to the finals i'm just not seeing it.

Yes, No, Yes, No, and **** no.
Ballers Wrote:I'll be pulling for anyone except Duke.

Why is that? lol
Christian Laettner?