Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts on Jason Booher?
"fox sports" Wrote:I'd like to see someone answer this one honestly also.

It doesn't have anything to do with where he is from. Actually, an outside coach is probably needed for this program. As for the reason for so many fans' frustration..... just see my prior post regarding his record against 15th region teams. The talent level currently at SV doesn't not warrant such mediocrity...
"BasketBallonlyfan" Wrote:How would he do as a high school coach when he cant hold players back every year though? I have to say, it would be interesting though to see how many players he would have that would need to stay back a year for maturity... LOL

Parents are the only people who can hold a kid back, unless he/she fails to make grades.

Why the sour grapes against holdbacks or Greg Newsome? If anyone asked me "is it a good idea to hold a kid back?". I would only have one reply, "ABSOLUTELY!". [size=2]For all sorts of reasons.[/size]
"SuperStar" Wrote:The talent level currently at SV doesn't not warrant such mediocrity...
IMO...the talent level currently at SV is mediocre as is most of the 15th region.
"bulldog" Wrote:IMO...the talent level currently at SV is mediocre as is most of the 15th region.

I wouldn't call the talent in the 15th Region "mediocre". You have obviously not been following some of the teams this year.
"Imnottelling" Wrote:I wouldn't call the talent in the 15th Region "mediocre". You have obviously not been following some of the teams this year.
I tend to agree with bulldog for the most part.
Overall, the talent level in the 15th is mediocre compared to the overall talent level overall from years past....for example, how many current seniors are being considered for any type of college basketball scholarship?
"fox sports" Wrote:I tend to agree with bulldog for the most part.
Overall, the talent level in the 15th is mediocre compared to the overall talent level overall from years past....for example, how many current seniors are being considered for any type of college basketball scholarship?

Good question and good point.....

However, in no way would I call the talent level mediocre. They may not be what we have had in the past but they are still a great bunch of players...and I enjoy watching them play.
"Imnottelling" Wrote:Good question and good point.....

However, in no way would I call the talent level mediocre. They may not be what we have had in the past but they are still a great bunch of players...and I enjoy watching them play.
Don't misunderstand...I enjoy watching them play and yes, there are some talented players but i also believe the number of outstanding players is down and the shooting percentages are down as a whole from what they were ten years ago...any coach who has been around for very long will tell you that.
I'm still a fan just realistic as to the quantity of quality in the region.
Has done a good job w/the Wildcats
There will be some great talent coming in from Virgie and Dorton next year. I can understand why parents are concerned about the coach.
I bet if they had hired Spurlock from Hazard Valleys record would have been alot better than it is now with the talent that is in that school. Booher defenders can saw the talent level is down all they want but its simply not true, yea its not last years talent but its just as good as any other teams, you just got to know what to do with it. Go back to last year, Valley was way better at the first of the year than they were at the end, when rowes teachings went so did their play. Booher is simply lost look at his record minus Rowes team, what has he done?
"bulldog" Wrote:IMO...the talent level currently at SV is mediocre as is most of the 15th region.

Mediocre on a statewide level? Yeah, mediocre at best

Mediocre within the region? Nope, the talent level is in the top 3 or 4.... but their play sure isn't...
:lmao: This is what I think of Jason Booher as a coach and as a person.........................................a joke!
Jason Booher as a person is a good man...But as a basketball coach i would have to say he needs some help. Of course if you have a dominate team your first year of coaching you are going to get a little praise. But wat he has done this year has determined if he is a good coach or not. Which is not good.
"The Chosen 1" Wrote::lmao: This is what I think of Jason Booher as a coach and as a person.........................................a joke!
Do you know him personally???
He must be a good coach......look how bad he beat the David School!
never heard of him
I still think it is going to be interesting there. I know for a fact that last summer it was said that he will be there for a very long time. Now there superstar 8th graders are saying they will go somewhere else if he stays. So lets see who runs the program there. The coaches or the parents. If the parents gets their way, what happens when the new coach dont play Jr enough or says something to them to try to motivate them? Will the new one be gone too?
I would have to say that Rodney Rowe did an excellent job coaching at Shelby Valley. He should have gotten to leave the program when he wanted to. I think he was forced out due to sad but true...POLITICS. Nothing against Booher he may be doing a great job. It doesn't matter if you win they will put who they want in. I wish Rodney happiness because it wasn't right what happend to him or Bobby Spears. This goes back to the big house...THE BOARD.
Booher is a great coach
"HomeGrown" Wrote:Booher is a great coach, he simply does not haver the talent that Roe had. How can you say Roe was so great. He did a good job with the X's and O's but he no control of his players. If he would have had some discipline he would still be there today. As for Booher he is great coach, very positive. Only bad thing i can say about him was the way the beat the David School

I really hate to do this but it's ROWE. Roe is fish eggs. And now to the point, I think we all know that discipline has nothing to do the situation.
booher might be a good guy and might know the game of basketball but there is a differance in knowing basketball and coaching it. i have seen the team play a few times this year and it seems to me that everytime they step onto the floor they get out coached. and i know the team when rodney rowe was there and they never got out coached............
"HomeGrown" Wrote:Booher is a great coach,but his assistant is a total

Thats uncalled for.......Don't say it again.
Besides Paintsville, JC, and Brad Lowe. Valley has as much if not more talent than anyone in the region. They just seem to go through the motions waiting for something to big to happen. Maybe its the coach, maybe not. I personally dont think he is a good match for the team.