Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg 2011
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:Not sure. Was a tall kid though. It was 1st team against 1st team.

They may be trying the Whitaker kid at QB. Im sure Hazard may not even know who will be Qb until the season starts.
Dragonsdad Wrote:I agree with you on that #1. Prestonsburg is fast and their line is a big,strong and vetran line. I think in high school football a strong line may be a teams greatest asset. On top of that i'll say that it take a good smart center to anchor a good line. Alot of times people don't realize just how much a center means to the offense. I think that P-burg has that. I have to give P-burg a little more of an edge against Hazard than one score or less. I think that P-burg is two scores better than Hazard this year. Hazard is a great team and i am not downing them. I just think that they lost alot from their offensive line,both tackles and their center. So,with that said I think that it's going to take some time for them to develop a good relation between their new center and their new QB. That's something that just doesn't develop over night. It will come for them but I don't think it will right off,JMO. I expect Hazard to be the team to beat in our region and very well may go back to state.But,Prestonsburg is also going to be the team to beat in their region and should also vie for the state 2A title. It will be a great game between two powerhouse teams. P-burg 35-21.

I agree a strong and experience O-line means a lot. Im not for sure on the line of hazard but i know is hazard returns 6 on offense and 7 on defense. Prestonsburg should be the favorite in there district but that opposing district is loaded with teams like Danville, Somserset , LCA and Middlesboro so There will be no easy game come playoff time for P-burg. Hazard will only have 4 possible challengers in Raceland, Pikeville, Fairview and now Williamsburg if Dalton Sizemore transfered there.

Blackcat I agree these teams probably were about equal in this passing league but come season time im going to give the speed factor to hazard but the power factor will most definately go in the Prestonsburg favor. If you dont mind me asking how did the PCC team look?
bac2369 Wrote:I agree a strong and experience O-line means a lot. Im not for sure on the line of hazard but i know is hazard returns 6 on offense and 7 on defense. Prestonsburg should be the favorite in there district but that opposing district is loaded with teams like Danville, Somserset , LCA and Middlesboro so There will be no easy game come playoff time for P-burg. Hazard will only have 4 possible challengers in Raceland, Pikeville, Fairview and now Williamsburg if Dalton Sizemore transfered there.

Blackcat I agree these teams probably were about equal in this passing league but come season time im going to give the speed factor to hazard but the power factor will most definately go in the Prestonsburg favor. If you dont mind me asking how did the PCC team look?

I didnt really get a good look at them. I had to leave early.
thanks to everyone who prayed for Kelly Moore, he's doing much better and going to physical therapy to help him walk again..so again, just to say thanks.
That's great news Eagles2011. Maybe he'll make it to a home game yet this season. The Lord surely is good.