•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland 2017
Don't see Fairchild playing center with Cole still here who started last season and played there most of year. I see him mostly on D. If he plays anywhere else on O line depends on development of others. Devin is getting stronger but that's not his problem his is his feet. If he works on that and improves he will be in there but like nut said about Noah it depends on how hard he works.
Footballfan64 Wrote:Don't see Fairchild playing center with Cole still here who started last season and played there most of year. I see him mostly on D. If he plays anywhere else on O line depends on development of others. Devin is getting stronger but that's not his problem his is his feet. If he works on that and improves he will be in there but like nut said about Noah it depends on how hard he works.

My mistake, I was thinking Cole was a senior. I hope we can continue going with the two line or platoon line system. Keeps kids fresh and even when they have two change things up a bit and some kids actually play both ways, it keeps kids from being worn down. The top tier in 1A always have that ability. As long as the work ethic and desire is there, we will be competitive in almost every game. Its going to take a major upward swing in some of these boys in that regaurd though, if a district and regional title shot are going to remain our main focus moving foward. Imo, a 6-4/7-3 regular season and playing for a regional title next season will be a successful one. But a .500 or worse season wont be the end of the world though, I wont be halpy with it, but not suprised. We lose the East Carter game and Somerset comes to town that week. Much better competition, Lawrence will be improved and more experienced, Greenup Co wont be a push over either. Both OH teams will be more experienced and should be vastly improved, especially Valley. Only teams on the schedule that I expect a pretty big drop off from last year are Fairview and West Carter.
And I dont think I see any definite wins on the schedule either. These boys will have to put in the work starting now. Tallent is there so is ability and aptitude, its the desire that has to be.
Who will be qbs coach next season?
Coupon21 Wrote:Who will be qbs coach next season?

Same as last year
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:My mistake, I was thinking Cole was a senior. I hope we can continue going with the two line or platoon line system. Keeps kids fresh and even when they have two change things up a bit and some kids actually play both ways, it keeps kids from being worn down. The top tier in 1A always have that ability. As long as the work ethic and desire is there, we will be competitive in almost every game. Its going to take a major upward swing in some of these boys in that regaurd though, if a district and regional title shot are going to remain our main focus moving foward. Imo, a 6-4/7-3 regular season and playing for a regional title next season will be a successful one. But a .500 or worse season wont be the end of the world though, I wont be halpy with it, but not suprised. We lose the East Carter game and Somerset comes to town that week. Much better competition, Lawrence will be improved and more experienced, Greenup Co wont be a push over either. Both OH teams will be more experienced and should be vastly improved, especially Valley. Only teams on the schedule that I expect a pretty big drop off from last year are Fairview and West Carter.

I didn't like the one way line this past season , when you have kids like Jerome and Isaac playing one wayit hurts you . I think of it this way we took 2 of top 5 players on the team and play them half a game . The idea of playing one way is great but it hurt Raceland last season IMO. I have no problem with giving kids breaks or series off but you have to have your best 11 on the field as much as possible. Line play killled us against Paintsville the first time we played them , im not saying that's the only reason Raceland lost just saying it hurt them.
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Same as last year
Not what Im hearing.
Don't think we r losing any coaches. Job was turned down staying in Ram Land
Coupon21 Wrote:Not what Im hearing.

Start your greenup bs somewhere else , hoof will be coaching at Raceland next year , You have enough to worry about at greenup shew fly
Lol. So defensive.
Coupon21 Wrote:Lol. So defensive.

No just not much tolerance for a guy with a sub par program having nothing better to do that make up something about a very good program so he can try and defect his own misery
anotherfootballnut Wrote:No just not much tolerance for a guy with a sub par program having nothing better to do that make up something about a very good program so he can try and defect his own misery

Obviously you guys heard the same thing i did. Not sure how made it up.
Coupon21 Wrote:Obviously you guys heard the same thing i did. Not sure how made it up.

Obviously we didn't .. I'll slow down for you .. 1 you made up a bunch of bs about hoof leaving .. 2 I told you it was BS so how exactly did we hear the same thing ? There was a coach who interviewed for a job and that coach was offered the job from my understanding but I'm notsure if he is taken it or not but one thing for sure it's not hoof , So before you go around proving to everyone your as smart as a bucket of dirt you might wanna get the facts straight
1. You need anger management classes. 2. You need anger management classes. 3. You need anger management classes. 4. There is smart dirt. http://theconversation.com/how-technolog...dirt-41046.
Coupon21 Wrote:1. You need anger management classes. 2. You need anger management classes. 3. You need anger management classes. 4. There is smart dirt. http://theconversation.com/how-technolog...dirt-41046.

I know you are but what am I ?? It's like talking to a teenage girl
Ill stop outwitting you and start arguing. My bad.
My dad can whip ur dad lol
Raceland will be good next year but they missed their chance to make it all the way in 16. will not be back to that level for a while.
Coupon21 Wrote:Ill stop outwitting you and start arguing. My bad.

Oh yes ur such a genious.. read the paper today Einstein
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Oh yes ur such a genious.. read the paper today Einstein
Getting called dumb on numerous occasions by someone who cant spell genius. Lmao. Priceless.
I do like how you keep avoiding questions .. you are a crap stirring turd from greenup Hoof was never leaving you just wanted to start something, now that a coach was named you wanna start being the grammar police .. just stay on your teams thread and make up lies there like how great things are and how many games they will win , along with some playoffs wins, you know the same lies you tell every year
Birds fly upside down in greenup cuz there aint nothing worth $hitting on down there.
Footballfan64 Wrote:Don't see Fairchild playing center with Cole still here who started last season and played there most of year. I see him mostly on D. If he plays anywhere else on O line depends on development of others. Devin is getting stronger but that's not his problem his is his feet. If he works on that and improves he will be in there but like nut said about Noah it depends on how hard he works.

I would rather have fairchild as a guard. Cole will more than likely snap. If he works on his footwork over the winter and spring he'll be fine. I don't see us being able to play just one way. Ferguson and Fairchild will play a lot both ways. Dixon will be and off O-line only I would think. We r going to have to have some younger guys step up for sure.
Ram1998 Wrote:I would rather have fairchild as a guard. Cole will more than likely snap. If he works on his footwork over the winter and spring he'll be fine. I don't see us being able to play just one way. Ferguson and Fairchild will play a lot both ways. Dixon will be and off O-line only I would think. We r going to have to have some younger guys step up for sure.

Well I thought the same thing last year but they went one way, so we really won't know until august when they hit the field
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Well I thought the same thing last year but they went one way, so we really won't know until august when they hit the field

Here is the thing we can discuss one way or two way all day long but if scheme doesn't change you will get same result no matter who is in. I watched the same Regional Championship game you did where the players you mentioned earlier played both ways 75% of the game. We scored 14 points, 7 on a punt return and 7 when a snap went over punters head we got the ball 1st and goal inside the 5 I think and it still took us 4 downs to score. So imo play calling and scheme needs to change for any of the players to succeed.
Footballfan64 Wrote:Here is the thing we can discuss one way or two way all day long but if scheme doesn't change you will get same result no matter who is in. I watched the same Regional Championship game you did where the players you mentioned earlier played both ways 75% of the game. We scored 14 points, 7 on a punt return and 7 when a snap went over punters head we got the ball 1st and goal inside the 5 I think and it still took us 4 downs to score. So imo play calling and scheme needs to change for any of the players to succeed.

No those who I discussed played 75% both ways in the second half but that's water under the bridge .. everyone is crying about the offense but Nathaniel broke every passing record single game and season except completion percentage at Raceland inculdung 37 TD's , Bailey missed the single season rushing record by less than 100 yards so what's wrong with the scheme? That's pretty successful . Last years team had wesknesss and they got exposed in the Region championship. Mostly on defense . Like I said in a earlier post if you as a fan want a state title it will take transfers to do it, kids especially in the mountains are changing schools like they change shirts . Paintsville had 14 JC kids on the roster , how many transfers does Hazard have ? A lot . Heck Paintsville just got a QB from JC in the last couple weeks . Join in or be happy with Getting to the Region
anotherfootballnut Wrote:No those who I discussed played 75% both ways in the second half but that's water under the bridge .. everyone is crying about the offense but Nathaniel broke every passing record single game and season except completion percentage at Raceland inculdung 37 TD's , Bailey missed the single season rushing record by less than 100 yards so what's wrong with the scheme? That's pretty successful . Last years team had wesknesss and they got exposed in the Region championship. Mostly on defense . Like I said in a earlier post if you as a fan want a state title it will take transfers to do it, kids especially in the mountains are changing schools like they change shirts . Paintsville had 14 JC kids on the roster , how many transfers does Hazard have ? A lot . Heck Paintsville just got a QB from JC in the last couple weeks . Join in or be happy with Getting to the Region

And where would we pull those transfers from? Ashland, Russell, Greenup, or Boyd? I grew up in this area and most kids in Ashland grow up dreaming of playing Fridays at Putnam Stadium. It's drilled into them from birth if their parents are from there. My nephews went to Russell and it is same there but they want to be Red Devils. You do have exceptions to this but for most part I believe that to be it. Russell has the last state title from the area. It is hard to pry kids from those schools. And yes I know you live in Ashland but you and I know you aren't a Tomcat lol.
[quote=anotherfootballnut]No those who I discussed played 75% both ways in the second half but that's water under the bridge .. everyone is crying about the offense but Nathaniel broke every passing record single game and season except completion percentage at Raceland inculdung 37 TD's , Bailey missed the single season rushing record by less than 100 yards so what's wrong with the scheme? That's pretty successful . Last years team had wesknesss and they got exposed in the Region championship. Mostly on defense . Like I said in a earlier post if you as a fan want a state title it will take transfers to do it, kids especially in the mountains are changing schools like they change shirts . Paintsville had 14 JC kids on the roster , how many transfers does Hazard have ? A lot . Heck Paintsville just got a QB from JC in the last couple weeks . Join in or be happy with Getting to the Region[/

Only record that matters is W/L. 87', 06', 08', 13', & 14' all better records than 2016. And those teams at least won a district championship unlike your "record breaking" team.
GoHerd_22 Wrote:[quote=anotherfootballnut]No those who I discussed played 75% both ways in the second half but that's water under the bridge .. everyone is crying about the offense but Nathaniel broke every passing record single game and season except completion percentage at Raceland inculdung 37 TD's , Bailey missed the single season rushing record by less than 100 yards so what's wrong with the scheme? That's pretty successful . Last years team had wesknesss and they got exposed in the Region championship. Mostly on defense . Like I said in a earlier post if you as a fan want a state title it will take transfers to do it, kids especially in the mountains are changing schools like they change shirts . Paintsville had 14 JC kids on the roster , how many transfers does Hazard have ? A lot . Heck Paintsville just got a QB from JC in the last couple weeks . Join in or be happy with Getting to the Region[/

Only record that matters is W/L. 87', 06', 08', 13', & 14' all better records than 2016. And those teams at least won a district championship unlike your "record breaking" team.

lol sorry but those records count buddy. Count enough for him to play at the next level
Footballfan64 Wrote:And where would we pull those transfers from? Ashland, Russell, Greenup, or Boyd? I grew up in this area and most kids in Ashland grow up dreaming of playing Fridays at Putnam Stadium. It's drilled into them from birth if their parents are from there. My nephews went to Russell and it is same there but they want to be Red Devils. You do have exceptions to this but for most part I believe that to be it. Russell has the last state title from the area. It is hard to pry kids from those schools. And yes I know you live in Ashland but you and I know you aren't a Tomcat lol.

No I'm not a tomcat but both my boys who now attended Raceland played in the Ashland JFL.. I'm not saying Raceland needs to go out recruiting but if your gonna compete for a state title your gonna have to have some . We had a player who would've helped us tremendously on both sides of the ball this past year trying to transfer in but kept hitting a brick wall he could've been the difference big tall receiver who also played corner back and not a turd a really good kid with a nice family but yet you have 14 kids from JC transfer to Paintsville I just don't get it
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next