Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pittsburgh 27 - Arizona 23 (Super Bowl)
slugger35 Wrote:Go look at the reply again and pay close attention to the ball actually and knee actually touching down right short of the goal line and then he rolls on in. I have it recorded and you can stop it at that point and see it clearly.

This is why you could never be a ref..lol
slugger35 Wrote:Well I am glad to see you got one fact right tonight. But what happened to them being the greatest sports franchise in history? I guess that is not a fact is it?
Yes it is a fact and heres why; Its harder to win on a consistent basis in pro football than it is other sports.
It was not going to make a difference, but after all the whistles of the game, why did we not get one after the TD by Holmes?

The "Chad Johnson" Excessive Celebration rule is clear on it's use of the football as a prop. When Holmes did the "salt shaker" routine using the ball, that is a 15 yarder which would have forced the kickoff from the 15, putting the Cards at near the 50 to start the final drive.
I dont care what any of you all say, Kurt Warners arm was in forward motion when they hit him with 15 seconds to go.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Yes it is a fact and heres why; Its harder to win on a consistent basis in pro football than it is other sports.

Two in the past 4 years, 1 in the 90's, then the other 3 like 40 years ago, consistent?
Stardust Wrote:It was not going to make a difference, but after all the whistles of the game, why did we not get one after the TD by Holmes?

The "Chad Johnson" Excessive Celebration rule is clear on it's use of the football as a prop. When Holmes did the "salt shaker" routine using the ball, that is a 15 yarder which would have forced the kickoff from the 15, putting the Cards at near the 50 to start the final drive.

Correctly, he was doing the Lebron chalk toss, if anyone cares, but he still should have got the 15.
If...Then Wrote:I dont care what any of you all say, Kurt Warners arm was in forward motion when they hit him with 15 seconds to go.

The other half of America that aren't Steelers fan also say it was going forward, so we don't feel so bad over it.
If...Then Wrote:I dont care what any of you all say, Kurt Warners arm was in forward motion when they hit him with 15 seconds to go.

That is what I thought also. But apparently not.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Correctly, he was doing the Lebron chalk toss, if anyone cares, but he still should have got the 15.

Again, not saying it would have changed the outcome, but it was a terrible NON-Call after all the penalties that they had already called in that game.
the biggest argument from this game that i see is why not take a 2nd look on such a crucial play. that's why instant replay is there for to make sure the refs got it right and not looking at a iffy fumble that ends the Superbowl and that would of gave the cards another closer chance from the penalty and even if u watch then end of it everyone thought they was going to challenge at that point i think the upstairs crew failed because even if the refs were right they should of looked at it in that situation with a huge impact on the game.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:I love you whiners WE GOT THE TROPHY DEAL WITH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!! HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO !!

6th Super Bowl Title!

THE GREATEST FRANCHISE IN AMERICAN SPORTS!!!!!!
:Thumbs: :letsparty :letsparty
PC_You_Know Wrote:Two in the past 4 years, 1 in the 90's, then the other 3 like 40 years ago, consistent?
1979 was not 40 years ago. What kind of math do they teach where your from?
DevilsWin Wrote:1979 was not 40 years ago. What kind of math do they teach where your from?

I said like, my bad I was off 10 years. Who cares how many championships the refs can win for you, while other teams are trying to win them legitimately.

And about math, I'm sorry I'm not still learning basic math like you must have been stuck with, I'm too busy with Calculus and Trigonometry.
slugger35 Wrote:You must be blind. Look at harrison at the end of the half he never got in. That should not have been a touchdown.

He was never down until he got into the endzone. If you are on top of a player you are not down. When he was down, he was half a yard in the endzone.
slugger35 Wrote:Since your arguments don't hold water, you have to call basketball a sissy sport. Come on, you can do better than that can't you. The stealers are not close to being the greatest sports franchise in history. The Celtics, Lakers, St.Cardinals, Yankees should I go on. U.C.L.A. Kentucky in the college ranks. As I said and just proved with the facts, and facts are stubborn things, the STEALERS are not even close.

Who care about basketball. Basketball is for all them p!@#y that can't play a real sport. In college football there is only one team that is better then the Steelers, that is ND with 18 titles......
good super bowl.
How could anyone not root for the Cards in this one?

Sadly, I don't see them getting back to the Superbowl anytime soon.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:How could anyone not root for the Cards in this one?

Sadly, I don't see them getting back to the Superbowl anytime soon.

I agree. I don't see Bolden resigning. James is going to go to a run team. And it was likely Warners last year. It's going to be back to the same old Cards unfortunately.
PC_You_Know Wrote:I said like, my bad I was off 10 years. Who cares how many championships the refs can win for you, while other teams are trying to win them legitimately.

And about math, I'm sorry I'm not still learning basic math like you must have been stuck with, I'm too busy with Calculus and Trigonometry.
WOW! very impressive. Why are you having such a hard time counting to 6 then? LOL!
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:WOW! very impressive. Why are you having such a hard time counting to 6 then? LOL!

That's why we have calculators.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Two in the past 4 years, 1 in the 90's, then the other 3 like 40 years ago, consistent?
They are always in the hunt. Even in the 80s they were in 2 AFC title games. What other NFL team can say that? The 49ers havent even made the playoffs in 10 years and Dallas hasnt won a playoff game since Neil O'Donnell gift wrapped the Super Bowl for them in '95. And those are the only 2 teams even close to the Steelers in Super Bowl wins.
PC_You_Know Wrote:That's why we have calculators.

Texas Instruments or Walmart brand?:p
To be honest I love it when you Steeler haters get on here and cry. Because it usually mean the Steelers have won something big. It doesnt matter how much you cry one simple fact will remain: Right now the Vince Lombardi Trophy is on a plane headed for Pittsburgh to be placed in a trophy case at Heinz Field with its 5 older brothers.
They Saved The Best Game For Last...it Was Awesome To Watch.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Until about 3 minutes to go in the 2nd half, the last time Pittsburgh has a penalty called on the was about 1/2 way through the 2nd quarter.

Well you see, that's what you call a well deciplined team. But everyone keep the excuses coming, they make me LOL!!! Literally. :lmao:
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote::Sad04: :Sad04: :Sad04:

HE GOT IN BECAUSE HIS KNEE WAS ON LARY FITZGERALDS LEG SO HE WASN'T ON THE GROUND!!

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE HERE WE GO!!!!!

SIX SUPER BOWLS BABY GO STEELERS LETS REPEAT!
Aahhhhhhhhhh I was for the Cards
This was a great game! Way to go Steelers!!!!
**Send me a pm if you have any questions or comments**

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Congratulations Pittsburgh Steelers, but don't forget about the great Arizona Cardinals. Surprisingly, they should have won! The Arizona Cardinals! Yet, that unbelievable 100 yard defensive touchdown won it for the Steelers. Amazing effort on the Cardinals part! Congrats not only to the Steelers, but also to the Cardinals!

By the way, I would've loved to see what would've happened if Holmes was called for the penalty using a prop for a celebration, the penalty against the Steelers for an unseen personal foul (taking off their helmet while on the field), and if the fumble was called to be an incomplete pass. Those two penalties would've put the Cardinals at least 14 yards away from a touchdown, and anything's possible with Kurt Warner and Larry Fitzgerald!
Deathstar 80 Wrote:Congratulations Pittsburgh Steelers, but don't forget about the great Arizona Cardinals. Surprisingly, they should have won! The Arizona Cardinals! Yet, that unbelievable 100 yard defensive touchdown won it for the Steelers. Amazing effort on the Cardinals part! Congrats not only to the Steelers, but also to the Cardinals!

By the way, I would've loved to see what would've happened if Holmes was called for the penalty using a prop for a celebration, the penalty against the Steelers for an unseen personal foul (taking off their helmet while on the field), and if the fumble was called to be an incomplete pass. Those two penalties would've put the Cardinals at least 14 yards away from a touchdown, and anything's possible with Kurt Warner and Larry Fitzgerald!

That was a 14 point swing in one play