•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should WYMT Staff Say What They Really Think?
It Is Ok :argue: :popcorn:
It Is Ok This Is The Good Old Usa
zulu Wrote:After watching a few webcast on Shelby Valley I can't help but wonder why Brian Milam constantly comments that Justice is the best point guard in eastern KY. He's certainly entilted to his opinion, but as a person in the public eye (especially in sensitive eastern ky) I don't think that's appropriate for him to say. I think there are three potential best point guards in east ky and that would be Whitaker, Justice and Cox. I personally think Cox is the best by far and I'm sure there's a lot of other people who feel the same. I'm sure the parents of the other good point guards like hearing Mr. Milam repeat how much better Justice is than the other two. I say they should keep those comments to themselves and give all the players equallity. I've never heard channel 27 single out who they thought was the best high school player in Lexington. I think at the college level it's OK, but not in high school.

It's one thing to think that Cox might be the best point guard, but to say he is the best "by far"? Rolleyes

That just made your post lose all credibility right there.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Brian Milam Wrote:***WOW*** :ilikeit: :ilikeit: Tell me what you really think! I am watching the UK-Tennessee game right now and listening very carefully and I have heard several "factual opinions" throughout the broadcast. Simply put when you see the best you know it immediately. Tate Cox, Josh Whitaker, Elisha Justice and James David Strange are clearly the best the point guards in the mountains. Antwan Brown (MBoro) is very good also. Anyway, it's not a knock on anyone when somebody else is the best.

I love Tate Cox. He is a joy to watch and I always leave a game of his thinking, "He makes it look so easy!". I have watched Josh Whitaker since he was 10 and marvel at what he can do. I get more and more impressed with James David Strange every time I see him.

I get paid to do a job I love and I will always point out the positive and negative (mostly positive) of what is happening. I could understand the original statement on this thread if I had said, "Justice is not as good as everybody says. Neither is Cox, Whitaker. They're all overrated." I would totally understand about keeping my opinion to myself. Saying someone is better is not a bash on anyone, it's just how it is!

There are three things I have been blessed with: Objectivity, memorization and a deep passion for athletics ALL thanks to my father. It is easy to be objective when you don't care who wins or who loses. If you think J-Whit is better than Cox or Justice then that's great. That's your opinion and you will never hear me tell you to keep your mouth shut. As long as you can give me detailed reasons why you think something then I will listen all day.

I am glad there are those who think I need to keep my opinions to myself. But, as long as I build up and not tear down the kids, coaches, teams and people of this area... you will get exactly what I think. I certainly hope people put their trust and faith in me when it comes to my job. If they didn't, I would not be able to do what I do. Thanks for the time, but let's keep this thread off me and on the kids.:please: :thanks:

Great post. I don't see how anyone on here could have a problem with how you do your job.

Here I thought I would have to get on here and defend you, but I believe your post already said all that needed to be said.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Sniper Wrote:I think Milam should call Zulu out to duel in Death Valley :rockon: That's what the Sniper would do! :flame:

:lmao:

I'll put 10$$ on Milam. :lmao:
I heard both Brian and Jim say what great guards the mountains had in the Junior class!! I must have missed the one comment that was reffered to about being the best, but I heard both give praise to what great guards our mountain area has. I felt like they did a great job!! Brian keep doing what you do, MOST really appreciate it and as you well know you can't please everyone!! Thanks again and good luck to all!!!
IRISH4 Wrote:Justice is the best PG in the mountains.
AGREED..BAR NONE! COMING FROM A 14th REGION FAN!
Brian, keep doing what you do my friend..YOU ARE GREAT FOR THE KIDS IN THE MOUNTAINS OF EASTERN KENTUCKY FOR ALL THAT YOU DO FOR NOTORIETY AND PUBLICITY! Again..Thanks Brian..even if you are a PCC fan, lol...kidding guys...GO COUGARS!
i think brian does an excellent job representing the our students and elisha is most defintally the best guard in the mountains.what else does he have to do to prove it?
Will the real Brian Milam please stand up. Thank You
who does perry county play in their first district game
nothing but net Wrote:Will the real Brian Milam please stand up. Thank You

That is the real Brian Milam...lol:ChairHit:
redman chick Wrote:who does perry county play in their first district game

Leslie Co.
PC_You_Know Wrote:So, Milam should have said "Elisha Justice is one of the best guards in the mountains, but what I really mean is he's the best guard in the mountains."

Yes! Without actually saying that last part. That way ppl don't get offended and he won't get into hot water over it.
boogieman Wrote:Yes! Without actually saying that last part. That way ppl don't get offended and he won't get into hot water over it.

I think by Milam's post, he;s not here to try and be in cool with everyone, he's entitled to his own opinion like every poster on here and every person in the U.S.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Well said man, keep representing these East KY boys and don't let the haters get to you.

No one said they hated Brian Milam. We just said we didn't like the fact he was stating his op about players on tv. Just for the record, I love to watch Brian Milam he does a wonderful job in promoting the youth of east ky, but he is not sitting in the same room with a child that has started all 4 yrs of high school bb and see the disappointment on their faces when Brian says so and so is a much better guard than whoever. These boys and girls love nothing more than be recognizied for their hard work and when you wait for your name to be mentioned, but it never is because the spot light is always on someone else, that hurts a child. I want every player to have their 5 minutes of fame, maybe I'm hoping for too much.
boogieman Wrote:Yes! Without actually saying that last part. That way ppl don't get offended and he won't get into hot water over it.

Who's he gonna be in hot water with? A bunch of KCC bandwagon posters on BGR? :please:

:ChairHit:
Jshort5 Wrote:Who's he gonna be in hot water with? A bunch of KCC bandwagon posters on BGR? :please:

I'm just saying, it obviously ****ed someone off or this wouldn't be on here. Sure someone will put him over their knee and spank his bottom.
boogieman Wrote:I'm just saying, it obviously ****ed someone off or this wouldn't be on here. Sure someone will put him over their knee and spank his bottom.

:lmao:

I think someone got mad because there son didn't get mentioned or something...That's why the thread was started...haha
I think Zulu is just a flat out Hater of anything involved with Valley, that's why this was started, Milan expressed his support of Justice and Zulu hated it.
Jshort5 Wrote::lmao:

I think someone got mad because there son didn't get mentioned or something...That's why the thread was started...haha

probably, my sons name is mentioned all the time, so I really don't have a dog in this fight. But I do wish all the kids could be recognized just once, I hate to see a kid work so hard and never get mentioned, thats all.
boogieman Wrote:probably, my sons name is mentioned all the time, so I really don't have a dog in this fight. But I do wish all the kids could be recognized just once, I hate to see a kid work so hard and never get mentioned, thats all.

Well you're in love with Cox, and he gets mentioned plenty, so you should be happy.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Well you're in love with Cox, and he gets mentioned plenty, so you should be happy.

Why do you say that? I never said which one I thought was the best, because this was about Brian. So why do you say that I think Cox is the best? You don't know who I think is better.
boogieman Wrote:Why do you say that? I never said which one I thought was the best, because this was about Brian. So why do you say that I think Cox is the best? You don't know who I think is better.

You wouldn't be on here arguing about Milan's statement if you didn't think someone was better than Elisha.
I have never even seen Elisha Justice play, because when we played SV this year, he was hurt and didn't play. When KCC played them back in the summer, I didn't get to see that either because I had to work. So I couldn't possibly compare the two or even compare him with anyone for that matter.
boogieman Wrote:I have never even seen Elisha Justice play, because when we played SV this year, he was hurt and didn't play. When KCC played them back in the summer, I didn't get to see that either because I had to work. So I couldn't possibly compare the two or even compare him with anyone for that matter.

Then why argue about Milan's statement if you've never even seen Justice play?
PC_You_Know Wrote:You wouldn't be on here arguing about Milan's statement if you didn't think someone was better than Elisha.

No, I just don't think it is right to say one kid is better than the other, from a person who is in the media. On here it is fine if they don't use their real name. It just hurts kids, I think, if they know that someone like Brian, thinks another kid is better.
boogieman Wrote:probably, my sons name is mentioned all the time, so I really don't have a dog in this fight. But I do wish all the kids could be recognized just once, I hate to see a kid work so hard and never get mentioned, thats all.

I wish all kids could be recognized but it will never happen. If we have in the vicinity of 140 girls and boys teams combined with at least 12-15 kids per team...how long would that take? I will ask one more time...let's please direct our conversations towards the kids in a positive manner. :igiveup:
boogieman Wrote:No, I just don't think it is right to say one kid is better than the other, from a person who is in the media. On here it is fine if they don't use their real name. It just hurts kids, I think, if they know that someone like Brian, thinks another kid is better.

Alright then.
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next