Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obama and the coal industry???
TheRealVille Wrote:Will you just answer my questions above? Of these 4 new coal units I am involved in building, what will fire them and where will it come from?

He states in the video very clearly what will happen if he gets his way. But if you don't understand his very plain English, they will be bankrupt if they cannot pay the huge carbon tax, which cap-and-trade is. To be able to pay the huge tax, it has to be passed on to consumers in a huge increase in their electric bills. I can't make it any more clear than that. You can just refuse to believe it if you want. Seems to me that's what you are doing...
TheRealVille Wrote:The EPA is doing it. According to your very own article, it has to do with the "rubble" that is going into the water. From what I understand from the article, they aren't stopping mountain-top mining, just checking out about a 100 permits to see if they are abiding by the "clean water act".

What article exactly are you claiming to be "my" article???

I hope you are not talking about the article EPA released about putting the hold on permits. Because, that is in NO way "my" article. I am just about against every action that is in the article.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:What article exactly are you claiming to be "my" article???

I hope you are not talking about the article EPA released about putting the hold on permits. Because, that is in NO way "my" article. I am just about against every action that is in the article.
jetpilots post #12
This is clearly a R vs. D issue propagated by the OP. I will bow out and let you all talk with FoxSports on this issue.
TheRealVille Wrote:Will you just answer my questions above? Of these 4 new coal units I am involved in building, what will fire them and where will it come from?

It's untelling....

Because Massey has laid off hundreds of workers, CAM has laid off hundreds of workers, Just this week Appalachian Fuels laid of like 200 more.... And heard Yesterday morning Miller Brothers Coal laid of 190 workers... TECO gave there underground minning 60 days to up production or they would be shutting down those operations.... So don't say the coal business isn't being affected.... Its just now hitting the coal industry.... I know, I haul coal and just working 2-3 days a week....

When the BIG companys are laying off the smaller companys definitely aren't surviving....
TheRealVille Wrote:jetpilots post #12
This is clearly a R vs. D issue propagated by the OP. I will bow out and let you all talk with FoxSports on this issue.

This isn't an R vs D issue!!!:HitWall: I am giving you credit for having some sense by just saying that you just don't want to know the facts...
TheRealVille Wrote:From the article above, it looks like the EPA is worried about at least a 100 of those permits and stuff getting into the water supply. Maybe some aren't as concerned about the water as your company. Are you defending all companies and claiming them to be upright at all times?

It is my understanding that the EPA is looking at almost all of the surface mining permits, we learned this week that the EPA is going to review one of our permits which is about 75 acres.

All mining companies have to monitor water quailty and report their findings to state officals. True we are concerned about the water quailty, but there are many more companies that are better equipped and do a better job of monitoring water quailty. While accidents do happen, and employee carelessness from time to time will cause mishaps to happen, and I don't deny that there are a few companies out there that push the law and regulations to the limits and occasionally cross the line, that alone shouldn't give the whole industry a black eye. I honestly believe that 98 percent of coal companies try to comply with mining laws and regulations, it's just that the media and the environmentalist will always report on the negitive aspects of mining, leading most people who have little to no knowledge of coal mining to think it's routine for coal companies to operate this way.

Since the Sago and Aracoma accidents, mine inspections have more than doubled, which means that it is harder for these companies that push laws to the limit to survive. For the most part these companies have either filed for bankruptcy or have been bought out by other companies.

Environmentalist claim the coal companies are filling in miles of rivers and streams, the claim of filling in rivers is a lie, because only extreme most headwaters can be filled physically. Streams on the other hand depend what you classify as a stream, environmentalist claim that any channel that extends to top of the mountain and carries water even if it only during a rain event should be classified as a stream. Next time your out in the woods look around and you'll see these dry gullies some less than 6 inches wide these are what the anti coal groups call a stream and want us to stay 100' feet away from. If the buffer zone is enacted and enforced the way the anti coal groups want it to, will not only stop Mountaintop Mining, but also stop underground mining because these fills (which would be prohibited) are used to store rock from the underground mines.
TheRealVille Wrote:If this thread isn't about the parties, why did you just type what I bolded above?
You don't get it do you?

I have no problem with the democratic party...my problem is with Obama and I have a feeling more and more democrats will have the same problem with him before it is said and done.
TheRealVille Wrote:Fox, if you will notice, I was answering jetpilot in the post you quoted me in. Your OP was the scare tatcic agenda I was addressing.

BTW, Bush started all of the bailouts you mention.
Bush did not tell GM who could be it's CEO.
TheRealVille Wrote:Why do you post this? America is a whole, not just white. I love how Republicans pick and choose their statistics. His rating is 68%, the highest since Kennedy.

:dontthink
Actually Obama' rating is 63%.... which is:
1. The same as Jimmy Carter at 100 days
2. 1 point lower than Bill Clinton at 100 days
3. 4 points lower than Ronald reagan at 100 days
4. 1 point higher than George W Bush at 100 days
Confusederved:
K_Hall Wrote::dontthink
Actually Obama' rating is 63%.... which is:
Confusederved:
Quote:April 28 (Bloomberg) -- President Barack Obama has an approval rating of 68 percent, a higher figure than his predecessor had at his 100-day mark in office, a poll found.

The New York Times/CBS News poll also showed that two- thirds of Americans say race relations in the country are generally good, with the percentage of black respondents who say so doubling since last July. Half of black Americans still believe that white people have more opportunity to get ahead in society, according to the survey.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/bloomberg/200904...j8cfp2ee_1

Nationwide, not Ohio. Ohio is at 63%
Confusederved:
K_Hall Wrote:Actually Obama' rating is 63%.... which is:
Confusederved:

Updated for you:

Obama' rating is 68%.... which is:
1. 5 points higher than Jimmy Carter at 100 days
2. 4 points higher than Bill Clinton at 100 days
3. Same as Ronald reagan at 100 days
4. 6 points higher than George W Bush at 100 days
Still looking bad for the coal industry...

A&G by was bought by Bluestone which was backed by an investment group from Russia.
United Coal was bought by a company in Ukraine.
Alpha is in deep negotiations with a Chinese Company.

Just what this country needs... The coal industry ran by foreign companys....
jetpilot Wrote:READ CLOSELY

http://www.cnsnews.com/public/content/ar...rcID=47472
Conservative New Service, yea, that's not biased and agenda driven.:eyeroll:
TheRealVille Wrote:Conservative New Service, yea, that's not biased and agenda driven.:eyeroll:

The numbers come from AN MIT STUDY.
You don't want to know the facts.:flush:
Good luck and keep guzzling the Kook-Aid.:Clap:
jetpilot Wrote:The numbers come from AN MIT STUDY.
You don't want to know the facts.:flush:
Good luck and keep guzzling the Kook-Aid.:Clap:
Republicans say it will cost, democrats say no. One of the MIT dudes disagreed with the R's. Admit it, you have an agenda and it's all Republican. Find a source from a non-republican news service.

Quote: But Democrats disputed the Republicans’ cost figure and said the plan can be accomplished without imposing a net cost on the American people

But Democrats deny their legislation will cost the taxpayers anywhere near that much money, and some said the legislation’s goals it can be achieved with no net cost to the taxpayer. Further, one of the MIT study’s author’s disagreed with the Republicans’ interpretation of the costs
TheRealVille Wrote:Republicans say it will cost, democrats say no. One of the MIT dudes disagreed with the R's. Admit it, you have an agenda and it's all Republican. Find a source from a non-republican news service.

Watch the Obama video again. Straight from the horse's mouth, and Biden's. You hear what you want to hear. You're boring me.Confusedleep::lame:
If you don't think they want to tax the coal industry to death, you are insane. I'm through with you. A third grader can grasp where they are coming from.
jetpilot Wrote:Watch the Obama video again. Straight from the horse's mouth, and Biden's. You hear what you want to hear. You're boring me.Confusedleep::lame:
If you don't think they want to tax the coal industry to death, you are insane. I'm through with you. A third grader can grasp where they are coming from.
For the lame comment and the 3rd grader comment:

Quote:1.Use common sense and be considerate and respectful toward all users. Diversity of opinion is encouraged here at BGR, however insulting or flaming another member because he or she doesn’t agree with you will not be tolerated. (This applies to everyone on the board, including staff members) Disagreeing with an idea or opinion of one is perfectly acceptable and is not the same as attacking that individual. An example of this would be calling someone a disrespectful name because you don’t agree with them. - Violating this rule will result in an immediate ban of user account and you could possibly be prosecuted.
TheRealVille Wrote:For the lame comment and the 3rd grader comment:
Please leave the moderation to the staff here.
Everyone that has spent any time in the political forum knows that this particular forum is moderated a little more loosely.

BTW....Everyone, show a little respect please....we can disagree and discuss without name calling, can't we?
well i lived in belfry and matewan and worked for little boyd coal, massey and arch coal, i now work in western ky for phoenix coal, they are still hiring over here along with armstrong coal....but i will tell you there are some many things that obama has done wrong since in office i dont have enough space to write it...this country was on its way down before he came in office, but he is going to bring it down so fast that it will hit you before you know,just watch and see......
Consol Energy is going idle.....They already have at the Buchannon Mines in Va. , and now they are at Jones Fork....
cuppett777 Wrote:well i lived in belfry and matewan and worked for little boyd coal, massey and arch coal, i now work in western ky for phoenix coal, they are still hiring over here along with armstrong coal....but i will tell you there are some many things that obama has done wrong since in office i dont have enough space to write it...this country was on its way down before he came in office, but he is going to bring it down so fast that it will hit you before you know,just watch and see......

Pretty well said.

The sad part about it all is, that Obama isn't done yet. He's only been in office three months and look what has happened. There have been so many mine complex operations shut down over the last month or so that it's ridiculous.
Black Diamond Mining is suspending all mining operations.... Can't get rid of the coal they have stock piled.....
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Pretty well said.

The sad part about it all is, that Obama isn't done yet. He's only been in office three months and look what has happened. There have been so many mine complex operations shut down over the last month or so that it's ridiculous.

What has he done?
TATE_64 Wrote:Black Diamond Mining is suspending all mining operations.... Can't get rid of the coal they have stock piled.....
What has Obama done so far to cause this? Is this bad economy related? Every industry is hurting right now and it isn't anything Obama did, it started before he got here. The news is reporting that the recession is getting better now. It takes time.
TATE_64 Wrote:It's untelling....

... TECO gave there underground minning 60 days to up production or they would be shutting down those operations.... So don't say the coal business isn't being affected.... Its just now hitting the coal industry.... I know, I haul coal and just working 2-3 days a week....

What's upping production got to do with Obama? You think this bad economy, started by Bush, might have something to do with layoffs nationwide, coal mines included, and not with Obama yet? What has he done so far to hurt mining?

And don't say cap and trade, it hasn't started yet.
TheRealVille Wrote:What's upping production got to do with Obama? You think this bad economy, started by Bush, might have something to do with layoffs nationwide, coal mines included, and not with Obama yet? What has he done so far to hurt mining?

Your question is what this thread is about.

How can you continue to not understand?

Obama is behind the hold on EPA permits. There is coal to be mined, the companies just don't have the permission to mine the coal because of the permit hold. Coal operations that have mined all the coal from their previous permits have no coal left to mine and are left with mountains of coal ready to be mined, but can't mine it due to ignorance (the permit hold). Therefore, workers have to be laid off in order for the overall company to keep a positive profit.

You have asked time and time again, "What has Obama done?". Obama has done nothing but make the economy worse so far.

I have a good question for you that I would appreciate a straight-forward answer to....

You say that Bush got us into this mess, What has Obama done to get us out??????
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Your question is what this thread is about.

How can you continue to not understand?

Obama is behind the hold on EPA permits. There is coal to be mined, the companies just don't have the permission to mine the coal because of the permit hold. Coal operations that have mined all the coal from their previous permits have no coal left to mine and are left with mountains of coal ready to be mined, but can't mine it due to ignorance (the permit hold). Therefore, workers have to be laid off in order for the overall company to keep a positive profit.

You have asked time and time again, "What has Obama done?". Obama has done nothing but make the economy worse so far.

I have a good question for you that I would appreciate a straight-forward answer to....

You say that Bush got us into this mess, What has Obama done to get us out??????
It's just been 3 months, you think he can straighten out 8 years of mess in 3 months? If there is a question the EPA has on what's going into the water, I'm for it. Maybe they should clean up their act to where there isn't a question about it. The one guy out in Western KY said they are hiring out there, maybe they are doing it right. I have heard about mines getting inspected for years for shoddy operations, don't act like it's something new.
TheRealVille Wrote:It's just been 3 months, you think he can straighten out 8 years of mess in 3 months? If there is a question the EPA has on what's going into the water, I'm for it. Maybe they should clean up their act to where there isn't a question about it. The one guy out in Western KY said they are hiring out there, maybe they are doing it right. I have heard about mines getting inspected for years for shoddy operations, don't act like it's something new.

This post proves that you know absolutely nothing of the coal industry (well, actually every post that you've made in this thread has).

To your response to my question, I understand that no man can clean up this nation in three months. The point of it all is, this President has only made things slightly worse, in only three months. If you think our country is at it's knees right now, tell me what you think in about four years. At this rate, I don't even want to know.

I'll just continue to pray for us as a nation. That's all we can do. Even though we all have our differences, we still live in the same nation and should still pray for one another.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:This post proves that you know absolutely nothing of the coal industry (well, actually every post that you've made in this thread has).

To your response to my question, I understand that no man can clean up this nation in three months. The point of it all is, this President has only made things slightly worse, in only three months. If you think our country is at it's knees right now, tell me what you think in about four years. At this rate, I don't even want to know.

I'll just continue to pray for us as a nation. That's all we can do. Even though we all have our differences, we still live in the same nation and should still pray for one another.

Well, 68% percent of America approves of the job he is doing. Kentucky, a democrat state, voted against him. Don't expect him to go out of his way to help Kentucky. Maybe we should have thought of this at poll time.

Nuff said.