Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Madison Souther 35 Johnson Central 28
Old School Wrote:I agree a man's actions will tell you about his character and I will say that this man has character. Just because a team comes into Historic Putnam Stadium and almost beats your great Tomcats you have to go on and on about the missed FG and the field conditions. If the roles had be reversed and Ashland had missed a FG to tie the game would Coach Hart not have argued the call, If he is the coach you say he is I'm sure he would I know I would have. As far as dwelling on these things go it seems like there are more Ashland fans talking about the mud and missed fg than anybody else.

Except for the fact that the man himself, Jim Matney, did an interview on Thursday (just 2 days ago now) for the Daily Independent and he was quoted as still complaining about the FG and field conditions at Ashland. It had been nearly 2 weeks. I believe that is what he was going for when he said that they were dwelling on the game.
Old School Wrote:I agree a man's actions will tell you about his character and I will say that this man has character. Just because a team comes into Historic Putnam Stadium and almost beats your great Tomcats you have to go on and on about the missed FG and the field conditions. If the roles had be reversed and Ashland had missed a FG to tie the game would Coach Hart not have argued the call, If he is the coach you say he is I'm sure he would I know I would have. As far as dwelling on these things go it seems like there are more Ashland fans talking about the mud and missed fg than anybody else.

I strongly agree that coach Hart would have argued the call. Would he have acted the way Matney did? (pre-game, during the game and weeks after the game) NO.
You can argue/defend coach Matney's actions all you want, that's your right. Does it change the fact that this man has no class? NO. How can you say he has character after he questions the integrity of the Tomcat coaching staff before the game even started (cleat issue), the staff who maintains Putnam Stadium (accused them of watering down the field prior to the game when anyone who was there that night knows mother nature took care of that one), and then his comments over the missed FG. These kinds of ACTIONS only detract from the stellar year JC had. Good job JC players and again, good luck next year.
well back to the subject at hand....i say that the fans from MS were terrible. I know that the fans at JC get a little crazy but the chants the came from thoes fans were terrible. Screaming obsenitys at the JC water girls in uncalled for. To a certain extent I understand the bashing but not to the degree at which they did. I would have been embarrassed to be part of that....as far as the ashland game goes i know JC dwelled on it alot but just the same as it hurt their record it hurt their spirit. I dont know about the interviews but on the subject of Matney, Hes been a coach for 20 some odd years and i dont think that the arguement of how he handles himself is valid. Hes a hardened veteran and just wants the best for his boys. I think that anyone would have ran on after that call as bad or as good as it may have been I think that any coach would have been ready to argue that. In Ashland's favor the atmosphere at Putnam is hard to come in to and even harder to win in. A hand clap is in order for to the Tomcats. On a closing note JC dont hang your heads you gave a champions effort and to Ashland good luck and Southern get some control of your foul mouthed fans.
Great season eagles...expect great things from the golden eagles, and coach mattney
This seems to be pretty far off topic