Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike Co. boys 09-10 predictions
bball_fan Wrote:Dylan Meade - 26
Wesley - 25

Maybe he should consider passing the ball!!!
Team scored 53, and Dylan runs the team great. He is a true team first player that looks to his team mates when they get open. When Dylan gets going though, he does not miss. He created a lot of scoring chances for his team last night too by playing great defense, creating steals and leading a good fast break.
i am the point guard for my name is damon adkins dillon meade is the best player ive ever played with. he always looks to pass we now wen hes hot hes gonna score. and thanks to b ball fan for not countin mullins out
allornothing Wrote:Maybe he should consider passing the ball!!!

Maybe wesley should have considered guarding him !
seabiscuit51 Wrote:correct me if i am wrong but i never ridiculed anyone on my posts all i said was is the meade kid could not outscore any team on any night, noone can at any level its vitrually impossible i do not bash kids. but all you did for your first five posts is bash my dad on the east ridge forum i'd like to know who you are and meet with me face to face and say somthing to me
I weren't bashing your dad, didn't even know that was your dad. Sorry, if you and daddy got offended, but I know what I saw. As far as meeting me, you already have and spoke highly of me.
I'll say this , IMO , if , after watching Mullins play in the RBC , and, there not even a top 3 or 4 team in Pike County, in alot of the opinions, on this thread, Pike County must be absolutely loaded with great teams..... There well coached , play hard , and have a legitimate superstar in dylan meade, ( good luck , guarding him he never stops ) , With a young coach and new players, you may be overlooking them, but, if this team is a middle of the pack team Pike County is truly loaded !!!! Good luck Coach Kidd and your Tigers, and to the rest of the county....
First off, let me say I have not bashed anyone on here. All I said in a post was that Dylan Meade could outscore a team on his own when he gets going, which he did in his very first game. I just wanted to make that known. Also, I have not bashed anyone's father for anything. I have not said a ill word toward anyone. All of my posts have been directed toward what I thought of Mullins, who I thought were the best players in the county and the best teams in the county. The only time I have ventured away from those three subjects was asking why Feds Creek had to run up the score against Millard, which I did so in a classy manor, not in a way which would ridicule or attack a person's character. If you do not believe this, read the second post I made on that thread.

As for what Saratoga said, the kind words mean a lot to the Coaches, the parents, the fans (such as myself) but most of all to the boys who wear the Mullins Tigers jersey. Our group of boys are very talented, but still have the new season rust which all teams must play through. We though work very hard in practice, preparing for every team we play. I give my hats off to Coach Kidd and the people around him who help create the game plans for this team. He has shown he knows how to take the players he has, get the most out of them. Most importantly though in my opinion, he can make these boys play to the top of there abilities and make them use there abilities together as a team. There is one thing he cannot coach and neither can any other coach, that is heart. The boys on this team have the biggest heart I have every seen. During the game against Wesley, they showed maturity by playing through there sub par first half. They kept there heads on them through a very physical game against Allen Central. They also showed they can play against anyone when they showed up against Betsy Layne. I am proud to call myself a Tiger fan, and though he hurt me to even have to play Betsy Layne considering I am a Betsy Layne graduate, I now bleed orange and blue.

As for Floyd County, I totally support Mike Howard and all of his boys and there parents. His boys are very talented and they play with a sense of urgency that you cannot coach. There parents are very passionate and support there children better then any team I have seen in a very long time. For those of you who do not understand how much that means to a child, I quit playing sports in high school when my parents quit coming to games. Good luck to the Bobcats and I hope you win a fourth straight Floyd County title. The best way to get back at the people whom keep attacking you is to give them the one thing they fear, another dominate year in the county ending with you cutting the nets down.
Saratoga_86 Wrote:I'll say this , IMO , if , after watching Mullins play in the RBC , and, there not even a top 3 or 4 team in Pike County, in alot of the opinions, on this thread, Pike County must be absolutely loaded with great teams..... There well coached , play hard , and have a legitimate superstar in dylan meade, ( good luck , guarding him he never stops ) , With a young coach and new players, you may be overlooking them, but, if this team is a middle of the pack team Pike County is truly loaded !!!! Good luck Coach Kidd and your Tigers, and to the rest of the county....

I think a lot of people are basing their rankings on last season and this summer. Mullins has added a lot of pieces since then and have played together a little bit also. Pike County is loaded with both individual and team talent this season. I don't know how many can make a serious run for the title, but there are several who can play with the best on a given night. Everything will become a lot more clear in the next few weeks as these teams face off. We play Feds Creek twice in the next week and both will be tough tests for us(especially on their court because of their press on that small floor). I think Mullins can play with (if not beat) any of the top teams over here. It is going to be an exciting year in Pike County.
I have seen several teams play and I will say this. Virgie is the preseason favorite, no doubt and no question, they are the returning runner-up and have everyone back. In saying that, I want to add this, just because someone is the favorite or best team in the beginning doesn't mean they will win the title. I'm not trying to throw off on Virgie in saying that, I just mean other factors come into play. How healthy a team stays throughout the year means a great deal. Do they improve through the season. Sometimes teams peak early, then decline at the end. I have seen it many times and it can happen. I have seen 5 teams in Pike County with legitimate chances to win the championship. They are in no particular order; Pikeville, Mullins, Dorton, Virgie, and Feds Creek. I think they other teams in the County will improve as the year goes on, but I just don't think they have the talent and depth at this time to be in contention, but hey, they might fool all of us! Based on what I have seen, if any of those 5 teams have a down or off night against the other, its lights out! This is the most competitive I have seen Pike Co.! Its going to be a great season!! Good luck and God Bless to all the teams!!!