Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cousins/Swopshire Incident
Basketballer Wrote:No Im not a thug but I will not let someone run over me either...He kneed him in the head and then got an elbow..whats funny is all you loserville ppl talking about cousins what about what your lil Swopshire he wasnt perfect...But that makes him a Thug too....If he was playing for U of L you wouldnt be calling him a thug

actually i recall of saying Louisville had some thugs including swop...I also said swop should have got ejected too....We just cant get you all to agree cousins is a baby and a thug
Wuzza Bear Wrote:I feel like Swoopshire's knee wasn't intentional, and it looks like it barely grazed Cousin's head if it did at all. Cousin's elbows were rediculous and very deliberate. The dude has a horrible attitude.

Once Again another fan with out the blue shades on
theVILLE Wrote:Well you all got Loserville when they were #1 in the nation and number one overall seed???Anyway it must be a kentucky fan thing...Everyone else agrees Cousins is a thug
What? First of all it causes me headaches trying to decipher the things you write due to the grammer issues you have at times.
Second, last year it took Sosa, who can't shoot a gun, to make a thirty footer to beat UK.

So again, what are you saying here?
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I am a diehard UK fan, but I also call it like I see it:

1. Cousins should have been ejected and suspended for the Georgia game... the forearm was deliberate and an embrassment.

2. This goes back to the other thread...but the reason UK shot free throws is because there were two technicals on UL and only one on UK. Delk got a technical and so did Swopshire.

3. Speaking of Swopshire, he is every bit as much of a "thug" as Cousins for his actions. His knee came up twice and clearly made contact with Cousins head warranting a retalliation. The part EVERYONE OVERLOOKS, that to me is the worst part of all, is the fact that Swopshire threw a closed fist punch in Cousins stomach after Delk shoved him. It was an intentional swing, it was closed fist, and it was a sucker punch as everyone was focusing on seperating Cousins and Delk. You can see it clearly on this video at the :21 mark... Cousins' head is turned and Swop hits him in the stomach and then quickly backs away. A low down, dirty, sucker punch.

Swopshire should have also been ejected and suspended at least one game. The rule book doesn't single out excessive use of a forearm, but it does speak specifically at taking a swing and connecting.

UL fans think Cousins is the anti-christ... but IMO, Swopshire was the man who not only started the altercation, but also the last one to throw a drty shot in.

All right I can agee with swop and cuz getting ejected and suspended a game...I think Swop was an accident and Cuz(had a right to react)Should have not reacted though...But for the hit in the stomach Swop should be ejected and suspended..No UL fans dont think Cuz is the anti christ...I agree he threw the last dirty shot but i honestly think that the knee was not deliberate
Amun-Ra Wrote:What? First of all it causes me headaches trying to decipher the things you write due to the grammer issues you have at times.
Second, last year it took Sosa, who can't shoot a gun, to make a thirty footer to beat UK.

So again, what are you saying here?

Can we agree UL should have won last year by 20??and this year UK should have won by 20??but its a rivalry its not going to be a blowout
theVILLE Wrote:Can we agree UL should have won last year by 20??and this year UK should have won by 20??but its a rivalry its not going to be a blowout
With the talent they had maybe but UK should have won that game last year. UK had Louisville on the ropes and was actually playing better than the Cards. And thats sad. Then Sosa makes a prayer.

This year the refs wouldn't let either team play the game. Too many bad call or too many no calls. No flow to the game.
theVILLE Wrote:All right I can agee with swop and cuz getting ejected and suspended a game...
The refs watched the replay of the incident and they didn't think so. So why is this even a thread?
Amun-Ra Wrote:With the talent they had maybe but UK should have won that game last year. UK had Louisville on the ropes and was actually playing better than the Cards. And thats sad. Then Sosa makes a prayer.

This year the refs wouldn't let either team play the game. Too many bad call or too many no calls. No flow to the game.

I agree with no calls but calls were to touchy at times and then you could ram someones head in the ground and not get T:biggrin:
Amun-Ra Wrote:The refs watched the replay of the incident and they didn't think so. So why is this even a thread?

I agree with this.. No matter what your opinion, there was no call so it really doesn't matter. I'm certainly in no position to call any player from another team a "thug" with whats going on in Knoxville.
BloodyHarlanVOL Wrote:I agree with this.. No matter what your opinion, there was no call so it really doesn't matter. I'm certainly in no position to call any player from another team a "thug" with whats going on in Knoxville.
LOL Yea really. It's like someone from WVU calling someone a thug when Bob Thuggins is their coach...
Amun-Ra Wrote:With the talent they had maybe but UK should have won that game last year. UK had Louisville on the ropes and was actually playing better than the Cards. And thats sad. Then Sosa makes a prayer.

Your kidding right? UL led the entire game and UL tried there BEST to GIVE that game to UK in the final minute with dumb turnovers. Cmon.
Aslan Wrote:Your kidding right? UL led the entire game and UL tried there BEST to GIVE that game to UK in the final minute with dumb turnovers. Cmon.
Hmmm. I thought the lead kept changing in th elast few mins. I may have been mistaken.
The Swopshire knee was a deliberate knee diguised as an accidental knee.

He started it and Cuz tried to finish it.

I love it!

Whoever made the references to Magliore is spot on! He owned the paint and he let you know it. That is what UK has been lacking ever since. I'm glad we have Big Cuz doing the same thing. The opponents now know when they drive the lane they're gonna pay.
I can agree with most UK fans on here that I would have accepted Cousins getting ejected from the game, simply because regardless of the reason, it was still a blow to the head. Now I do think it was in retaliation for the knee to the head, but rules are rules. But if Cousins was ejected, Swopshire would have absolutely HAVE to have been ejected as well, seeing as how he gave the knee to the head as well as the sucker punch.

What grinds my gears is how the national media, including the incompetent CBS sportscasters Clark Kellogg and Tim Brando, portrayed the incident. To listen to them, Cousins was a barbaric thug, who should have been suspended for the rest of the year for his deadly blow to some defenseless choir boy. For anyone watching the game, did you hear any of the announcers mention ANYTHING about how Swopshire kneed Cuz in the head, or about his subsequent sucker punch? No. All that was talked about was Cousins' elbow, as if it was an isolated incident in an otherwise clean game. And that's a bunch of bull.

IMO, Louisville came to play dirty, hoping to throw UK's talented freshmen off their game. Wall is too even-keeled to get upset, but Cousins, and Bledsoe to a lesser extent, are a little more volatile, and Pitino knew it. I'm afraid we will see this kind of dirty play directed at them throughout the rest of the year, as teams will hope that Cuz just snaps and decks somebody.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:I can agree with most UK fans on here that I would have accepted Cousins getting ejected from the game, simply because regardless of the reason, it was still a blow to the head. Now I do think it was in retaliation for the knee to the head, but rules are rules. But if Cousins was ejected, Swopshire would have absolutely HAVE to have been ejected as well, seeing as how he gave the knee to the head as well as the sucker punch.

What grinds my gears is how the national media, including the incompetent CBS sportscasters Clark Kellogg and Tim Brando, portrayed the incident. To listen to them, Cousins was a barbaric thug, who should have been suspended for the rest of the year for his deadly blow to some defenseless choir boy. For anyone watching the game, did you hear any of the announcers mention ANYTHING about how Swopshire kneed Cuz in the head, or about his subsequent sucker punch? No. All that was talked about was Cousins' elbow, as if it was an isolated incident in an otherwise clean game. And that's a bunch of bull.

IMO, Louisville came to play dirty, hoping to throw UK's talented freshmen off their game. Wall is too even-keeled to get upset, but Cousins, and Bledsoe to a lesser extent, are a little more volatile, and Pitino knew it. I'm afraid we will see this kind of dirty play directed at them throughout the rest of the year, as teams will hope that Cuz just snaps and decks somebody.

I think it's going to happen, and it's not going to be pretty when it does happen. Someone is going to get seriously hurt.
theVILLE Wrote:I agree with no calls but calls were to touchy at times and then you could ram someones head in the ground and not get T:biggrin:
If I recall there was a T called when the head was rammed. But after watching the video posted I cant blame Cousins after having an intentional knee to the face.
theVILLE Wrote:agreed scaring them to death is all right but beating them is another....

If you are trying to get a ball from someone and are laying on your back...what are you goin to do..try to lay on the ball which was what he was trying to do
what does it matter louisville wouldnt no good anyways they had no shot
I have heard at least 50 Louisville fans say UK players are nothing but thugs after the game saturday. They say DeMarcus Thugins should have been ejeceted. I just don't understand how they can call our players thugs when they had two players tased this offseason because they tried to resist arrest.
DevilsWin Wrote:The Swopshire knee was a deliberate knee diguised as an accidental knee.

He started it and Cuz tried to finish it.

I love it!

Whoever made the references to Magliore is spot on! He owned the paint and he let you know it. That is what UK has been lacking ever since. I'm glad we have Big Cuz doing the same thing. The opponents now know when they drive the lane they're gonna pay.

Oh im glad swopshire called and told you he was disguising the knee:eyeroll:
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:I have heard at least 50 Louisville fans say UK players are nothing but thugs after the game saturday. They say DeMarcus Thugins should have been ejeceted. I just don't understand how they can call our players thugs when they had two players tased this offseason because they tried to resist arrest.

Just wait til cousins gets arrested shortly you will see..
UnderArmour24 Wrote:If I recall there was a T called when the head was rammed. But after watching the video posted I cant blame Cousins after having an intentional knee to the face.

It wasnt a T it was a flagrant foul and no freethrows rewarded to louisville
theVILLE Wrote:It wasnt a T it was a flagrant foul and no freethrows rewarded to louisville

It was a T... it was an unsportsman technical.

The reason UL didnt get free throws was because they had two technicals..one on Delk for the shove, one on Swopshire for the punch.

2 Techincals UL - 1 Technical UK = 1 Technical UL= 2 Free Throws UK

Here is the link to the boxscore which confirms that Delk, Swop, and Cuz received T's.

http://www.ukathletics.com/sports/m-bask...k0102.html
theVILLE Wrote:Oh im glad swopshire called and told you he was disguising the knee:eyeroll:

It's pretty obvious.
They both swung at each other. Even if both of them was incidental it doesnt really matter now. All you UL fans ate your words and now u realize how sour those words was. Get over it. Kentucky is once again one of the most elite programs in the nation. While there little sister school can do nothing buy set back and cheer for them. Get use to it. Thats the way its going to stay.
Big Cuz was given a T, however, because Delk and Swopshire both were given T's, Kentucky was allowed to shoot 2 FT, because 2 T's are more than 1 T.... Understand VILLE?

Just plain and simple, if Kentucky and Looserville plays again in March, then the next time, the game will be worse than 9 points on a neutral court in the NCAA....
theVILLE Wrote:Just wait til cousins gets arrested shortly you will see..

I'm just saying Louisville fans have no room to call our players thugs.. I'm pretty sure Terrence Jennings was suspended again a few weeks ago.
Even if it is retaliation, as any athlete whos been in that situation will tell you. the second player will almost 99.98% get caught for it.
John Adams, the NCAA's chair of officiating, said the officials correctly handled the skirmish in the first minute of Saturday's Kentucky-Louisville game. Technical fouls were assessed to Kentucky's DeMarcus Cousins and Louisville's Jared Swopshire and Reginald Delk. At issue was whether Cousins threw a purposeful elbow at Swopshire's head and should have been ejected. UK claims Cousins can be seen taking a knee to the head prior to the elbow.

"[The officials] reviewed the play and assessed an intentional personal foul to Cousins," Adams said. "It was offset by an intentional personal four on a Louisville player and they had a taunting T on another Louisville player. That taunting T resulted in the two free throws that Cousins shot as he was designated by Kentucky to shoot free throws."
catsfan4ever Wrote:John Adams, the NCAA's chair of officiating, said the officials correctly handled the skirmish in the first minute of Saturday's Kentucky-Louisville game. Technical fouls were assessed to Kentucky's DeMarcus Cousins and Louisville's Jared Swopshire and Reginald Delk. At issue was whether Cousins threw a purposeful elbow at Swopshire's head and should have been ejected. UK claims Cousins can be seen taking a knee to the head prior to the elbow.

"[The officials] reviewed the play and assessed an intentional personal foul to Cousins," Adams said. "It was offset by an intentional personal four on a Louisville player and they had a taunting T on another Louisville player. That taunting T resulted in the two free throws that Cousins shot as he was designated by Kentucky to shoot free throws."

I was about to post this... opinion theVILLE?
EKUAlum05 Wrote:It was a T... it was an unsportsman technical.

The reason UL didnt get free throws was because they had two technicals..one on Delk for the shove, one on Swopshire for the punch.

2 Techincals UL - 1 Technical UK = 1 Technical UL= 2 Free Throws UK

Here is the link to the boxscore which confirms that Delk, Swop, and Cuz received T's.

http://www.ukathletics.com/sports/m-bask...k0102.html
Thanks for explaning that to theVILLE.:Thumbs: