Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Wall...Best College Guard since
Mr.Kimball Wrote:The best since Devon Downey?

Shot 35 shots...... Put john wall on a team where he can shoot 40 shots a night and he would average 40 points.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Shot 35 shots...... Put john wall on a team where he can shoot 40 shots a night and he would average 40 points.

First off, it was a joke junior.

Second, Wall with 40? Are you saying he would match his last night's turnover total?

Thirdly, Downey apparently did whatever it took for his team to win. Wall apparently did not.

Fourthly, You ever play any roundball yourself junior?

And last of all, but not least, it was a joke junior!!!!

BTW,Your missing squidward right now.
Downey owned Wall (and Ky) last night. Don't care how many shots he took---I saw how many he missed during "crunch time" and it was 0. One of the best performances I have ever seen by an individual. Mr. Kimball, you are right about maravich. I wish some of these young whipper snappers on here could have seen him play. besides being a great scorer(which he was) he could knock people's heads off with some of his behind the back and through the leg passes. He was awesome. he just didn't play on very good teams.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Shot 35 shots...... Put john wall on a team where he can shoot 40 shots a night and he would average 40 points.

If wall were on SC and downey on UK wouldhe have to shoot that much..would wall have all the assists
theVILLE Wrote:If wall were on SC and downey on UK wouldhe have to shoot that much..would wall have all the assists

If you had the #1 pick, who would you take?

Out of these 2.

UK wouldn't be as good without Wall. If they had Downey it would be just like last year with Meeks shooting all the shots.
uhavenoidea Wrote:If you had the #1 pick, who would you take?

Out of these 2.

UK wouldn't be as good without Wall. If they had Downey it would be just like last year with Meeks shooting all the shots.

Wall because of his size..downeys size is not next level! but the talent is there...but #1 pick i would pck wall...just give donwey his dues bub and go on..he is a great player and will win sec poy possibly...last year when meeks missed that many nothing was said
I think it's funny people are comparing Wall to some of the greatest players to ever play (Jerry West and Pistol Pete) when he really hasn't done anything YET. He is the best player on the team and will be the number one pick next year but still.. He hasn't even got to the NBA. He is the greatest guard since 2 years ago, Derrick Rose. He is NOT better than Rose until he proves something. Rose took his team to the finals and they should have won that game. But until Wall gets to the NBA it is stupid to compare him to all time greats. I think Wall is amazing and will be a great player in the NBA, but until he gets there you can't say how good he is going to be. Don't go overboard. That is the same as some idiots thinking that UK could beat the Nets a few days ago, and then South Carolina beats them. They are good, but don't go crazy about it.
runninrebs21 Wrote:I think it's funny people are comparing Wall to some of the greatest players to ever play (Jerry West and Pistol Pete) when he really hasn't done anything YET. He is the best player on the team and will be the number one pick next year but still.. He hasn't even got to the NBA. He is the greatest guard since 2 years ago, Derrick Rose. He is NOT better than Rose until he proves something. Rose took his team to the finals and they should have won that game. But until Wall gets to the NBA it is stupid to compare him to all time greats. I think Wall is amazing and will be a great player in the NBA, but until he gets there you can't say how good he is going to be. Don't go overboard. That is the same as some idiots thinking that UK could beat the Nets a few days ago, and then South Carolina beats them. They are good, but don't go crazy about it.

yelp..you could see how cocky they were int he game...the smiles and looks at SC, like im the best get away you shouldnt showed up...kinda like ville last year in the arizona game and the next game or two they got beat out of the tourney!
Well I'm not saying John Wall isn't good and UK isn't one of the best teams in the country because he is the best player in the country and they are a top 5 team. But to compare John Wall to some of the greatest guards in history is stupid when he hasn't done anything. And to say UK could beat an NBA team (even the Nets) is idiotic.
runninrebs21 Wrote:And to say UK could beat an NBA team (even the Nets) is idiotic.

Lord knows UNC couldn't. Wink
John Wall hangs the team out Downey busted him last night.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:First off, it was a joke junior.

Second, Wall with 40? Are you saying he would match his last night's turnover total?

Thirdly, Downey apparently did whatever it took for his team to win. Wall apparently did not.

Fourthly, You ever play any roundball yourself junior?

And last of all, but not least, it was a joke junior!!!!

BTW,Your missing squidward right now.

Joke! Ok. Fair Enough

Second. Im saying he would match how old you are.

Third, I Agree With you.

Fourth. I Started every game up to my 8th grade year at SF until i broke my ankle and tour 4 ligaments. I still have issues with it.

Joke Smile

BTW.
Im sure there will be reruns. You ever get your dentures from the dentist?
MiddlesboroAlumni Wrote:Lord knows UNC couldn't. Wink

I know, I am not one of the idiots that thinks a college team could beat an NBA team.
runninrebs21 Wrote:I know, I am not one of the idiots that thinks a college team could beat an NBA team.

Lol :Thumbs:
I'll take Downy over Wall in College, but Wall will be the better pro.
Pistol Pete made us stop and say. WOW how did he do that? then every time you shot trash in the trashcan you would yell PISTOL PETE BASELINE JUMPER! that's what john wall is doing now in 2010. and now you do a pro hop and spin your arms in the air and dunk in the trashcan and yell JOHN WALL DUNK!!!!!!! AND ONE!
superfreak Wrote:I'll take Downy over Wall in College, but Wall will be the better pro.

If wall was on a team that he could shoot the ball 30 times a game..
Warriors23RJ Wrote:I don't think theres been this much hype over a freshman since Stephon Marbury at Georgia Tech coming out of NYC.

There was a lot of hype over Sebastian Telfar who never made any impact and is nowhere to be found now.
What about Larry Bird?!?!
Wildcatk23 Wrote:If wall was on a team that he could shoot the ball 30 times a game..

He would make about 10 or them and average about 20 pts a game. Come on folks this guy is not even close to being as good as he's been blown up to be. Downy is a much better player right now than Wall is. Will he be two years from now? Probably not, but right now the great Wall of KY is not producing. He reminds me a lot of Rhondo, great talent but can't shoot. He will be an average pro at best.
superfreak Wrote:He would make about 10 or them and average about 20 pts a game. Come on folks this guy is not even close to being as good as he's been blown up to be. Downy is a much better player right now than Wall is. Will he be two years from now? Probably not, but right now the great Wall of KY is not producing. He reminds me a lot of Rhondo, great talent but can't shoot. He will be an average pro at best.

Wall would make more than 10 out of 30 shots lol If Wall shot 22 shots a game like Downey, he would avg. around 25 or more. I mean he avgs. 16ppg on like 10 shots a game. If Wall shoots 30 shots in a game, you can expect 40or so, because he's getting to the basket and the FT line.

Calipari has more than likely told Wall to get his teammates involved 1st, that's why its late in the game, before Wall makes an appearance here lately. Which could be why isn't having any fun.

IMO, in the next few games, you will see a Wall that is always on the attack. So, look for Wall to have his best performance by far of the year, within the next 5 games.

Reminds you of Rondo? Rondo is an all-star in his 3rd or 4th season. PG for a World Champion.
Rose wasn't able to shoot in college and now look at him, Rookie of the Year and an all-star in just his 2nd year.

I'd say those guys are alittle above averageSmile
uhavenoidea Wrote:Wall would make more than 10 out of 30 shots lol If Wall shot 22 shots a game like Downey, he would avg. around 25 or more. I mean he avgs. 16ppg on like 10 shots a game. If Wall shoots 30 shots in a game, you can expect 40or so, because he's getting to the basket and the FT line.

Calipari has more than likely told Wall to get his teammates involved 1st, that's why its late in the game, before Wall makes an appearance here lately. Which could be why isn't having any fun.

IMO, in the next few games, you will see a Wall that is always on the attack. So, look for Wall to have his best performance by far of the year, within the next 5 games.

Reminds you of Rondo? Rondo is an all-star in his 3rd or 4th season. PG for a World Champion.
Rose wasn't able to shoot in college and now look at him, Rookie of the Year and an all-star in just his 2nd year.

I'd say those guys are alittle above averageSmile

I wouldn't say above average at all for Rhondo. He's shoots 19% from 3 point line and averages around 12 pts a game. He plays excellent defense but other than that I'd say he's average. I don't however expect Wall to be as a pro as Rhondo. Wall doesn't handle the ball as well or pass as well as Rhondo. Bottom line Wall is overrated and the media has made him out to be something he's not.
I would have to say he is the best gaurd since Pete Maravich, but that's my opinion.
superfreak Wrote:I wouldn't say above average at all for Rhondo. He's shoots 19% from 3 point line and averages around 12 pts a game. He plays excellent defense but other than that I'd say he's average. I don't however expect Wall to be as a pro as Rhondo. Wall doesn't handle the ball as well or pass as well as Rhondo. Bottom line Wall is overrated and the media has made him out to be something he's not.

Bottom Line. Your Completely Full It,

First.

Rajon Rondo. PPG-14, Ast-9, REB- 4.4, And is a reserve on the all-star team.
Hes only shot 40 3s all year. He also almost averaged a double double in the playoffs last year. TO say Rajon Rondo is average is misleading.

Second-

John wall is everything the media made him out to be. The best college player and the soon to be number one draft pick.

He averages about 10 shots a game. While still averaging 16 pts. You dont think adding 10 more shots would put him above 20 pts ppg? This man is sharing the spotlight with a 4-5 other players that going pro in the next 2 years. Your statement is biased and weak.

Downey is averaging about 20-24 shots a game. Give wall that many shots. Im sure he would make 10, YOur just watching points. Thats not all a players about, anyone can average the points if they shoot enough.
superfreak Wrote:I wouldn't say above average at all for Rhondo. He's shoots 19% from 3 point line and averages around 12 pts a game. He plays excellent defense but other than that I'd say he's average. I don't however expect Wall to be as a pro as Rhondo. Wall doesn't handle the ball as well or pass as well as Rhondo. Bottom line Wall is overrated and the media has made him out to be something he's not.

:please: Rondo almost averaged a triple double last year in the playoffs you obviously dont know what you're talking about and wall can handle the ball and pass it maybe you should watch him play :eyeroll:
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Bottom Line. Your Completely Full It,

First.

Rajon Rondo. PPG-14, Ast-9, REB- 4.4, And is a reserve on the all-star team.
Hes only shot 40 3s all year. He also almost averaged a double double in the playoffs last year. TO say Rajon Rondo is average is misleading.

Second-

John wall is everything the media made him out to be. The best college player and the soon to be number one draft pick.

He averages about 10 shots a game. While still averaging 16 pts. You dont think adding 10 more shots would put him above 20 pts ppg? This man is sharing the spotlight with a 4-5 other players that going pro in the next 2 years. Your statement is biased and weak.

Downey is averaging about 20-24 shots a game. Give wall that many shots. Im sure he would make 10, YOur just watching points. Thats not all a players about, anyone can average the points if they shoot enough.

Thank you, I dont think he has ever watched Rondo or Wall play obviously or took the time to look at stats
Johnwa11 Wrote:Pistol Pete made us stop and say. WOW how did he do that? then every time you shot trash in the trashcan you would yell PISTOL PETE BASELINE JUMPER! that's what john wall is doing now in 2010. and now you do a pro hop and spin your arms in the air and dunk in the trashcan and yell JOHN WALL DUNK!!!!!!! AND ONE!

Agree Downey is the better college player but no way will he be a better pro player
The#23 Wrote::please: Rondo almost averaged a triple double last year in the playoffs you obviously dont know what you're talking about and wall can handle the ball and pass it maybe you should watch him play :eyeroll:

Have you noticed that Wall don't penitrate anymore??? You know why?? I'll tell you why because he figured out he turned it over 8 out of 10 times he tried it. It was easy in high school but now he's up against players just as fast and faster and things just don't come so easy. I'm a little nervous watching him with the ball. He's not a great ball handler by any means. He's a good ball player, but not great. You're just one of the many that blowed this guy up to be superhuman. It will be interesting to see what kind of pro he will become. I don't think he will as good as Rhondo.
superfreak Wrote:Have you noticed that Wall don't penitrate anymore??? You know why?? I'll tell you why because he figured out he turned it over 8 out of 10 times he tried it. It was easy in high school but now he's up against players just as fast and faster and things just don't come so easy. I'm a little nervous watching him with the ball. He's not a great ball handler by any means. He's a good ball player, but not great. You're just one of the many that blowed this guy up to be superhuman. It will be interesting to see what kind of pro he will become. I don't think he will as good as Rhondo.

Have you noticed that teams are double and triple teaming wall to not let him get to the rim? thats why he is working on his jump shot. With wall being such a hassle, it opens things up for everyone else on the team. Look how cuz has emerged since wall has been more of an issue to guard.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Have you noticed that teams are double and triple teaming wall to not let him get to the rim? thats why he is working on his jump shot. With wall being such a hassle, it opens things up for everyone else on the team. Look how cuz has emerged since wall has been more of an issue to guard.

Don't know what games you have been watching, but I haven't seen anybody double and triple team him. Most teams will leave him open encouraging him to shoot the three. I do however see teams double and triple team Cousins.
superfreak Wrote:Don't know what games you have been watching, but I haven't seen anybody double and triple team him. Most teams will leave him open encouraging him to shoot the three. I do however see teams double and triple team Cousins.

You obviously didnt watch the first 10 games of the season.