Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th region draw
Ballers Wrote:Agreed. Not to mention a "long" team that can get up with the ball.

I think Knott is a "long" team.
Long in the sense that they have a long ride home after another dissapointing regional tourney this year.
I just hope they get past the first round this time.
That would suck going home in the first round 2 years in row.
Overrated Wrote:KCC will roll through region.

Roll.....
Are you serious?
I don't see how they can roll with their side of the bracket stacked like that.
zaga_fan Wrote:Roll.....
Are you serious?
I don't see how they can roll with their side of the bracket stacked like that.

Stacked? Knott has beat them teams all pretty easily..
ARC Wrote:There is usually at least one upset, and this year I think it may be Breathitt over KCC.

Even though Owsley is senior loaded (9?) I don't think they can upset PCC, although this would probably be the biggest upset possible this year in the first round.

Powell is not very likely to upset Hazard.
I'll go even further, this would be the biggest upset in the state this year. The possibility is remote to say the least. There's more likely to be a flood in the middle of the Sahara than PCC losing this game.
Overrated Wrote:LOL, Perry is not bigger/longer than KCC..Perry has ONE player that KCC can't match.. Why post such insane stuff?

The only way they handle Cornett is with a double team, sometimes Triple!
zaga_fan Wrote:I think Knott is a "long" team.
Long in the sense that they have a long ride home after another dissapointing regional tourney this year.
I just hope they get past the first round this time.
That would suck going home in the first round 2 years in row.

LOL... Needless to say, they do have it rougher to get to the finals however PCC yea they have a cake walk.. I just have to agree with a previous post.. Lose district and give us a bye into the finals. Love it, very very fair... not.. Anywho, when I said "long" I actually meant that KCC has players that are longer than PCC and have more guys that can dunk. get up to the rim with ease, etc.. Mullins is probably the only player that would register as "long" for PCC. KCC has a ton of those kind of players and if they keep their hands up and play hard D, they will not be stopped.. Either way PCC goes home in this tourney in my book. As for Dillon Cornett, I really see no threat, maybe a slight advantage of his height and weight, not a long player at all.. Anyone his size is gonna get points against anyone in the 14th region where its based soley on 6'0 sized athletes.. A long player can get to the rim quickly and up and down the court a lot quicker as well, as for someone his size, not happening..
king360 Wrote:The only way they handle Cornett is with a double team, sometimes Triple!

Ok??? I never said they could handle him? I just said he's the only player KCC can't match up with on PCC....
Overrated Wrote:Stacked? Knott has beat them teams all pretty easily..

Breathitt is dangerous coming off of a loss and playing in front of a home town.
and I don't know that an Al Holland coached team has ever been beaten by the same team 4 times in a year.

I'm just saying you're not going to roll.
Especially if you play Perry in the final.
No one "Rolls" through Perry
Ballers Wrote:LOL... Needless to say, they do have it rougher to get to the finals however PCC yea they have a cake walk.. I just have to agree with a previous post.. Lose district and give us a bye into the finals. Love it, very very fair... not.. Anywho, when I said "long" I actually meant that KCC has players that are longer than PCC and have more guys that can dunk. get up to the rim with ease, etc.. Mullins is probably the only player that would register as "long" for PCC. KCC has a ton of those kind of players and if they keep their hands up and play hard D, they will not be stopped.. Either way PCC goes home in this tourney in my book. As for Dillon Cornett, I really see no threat, maybe a slight advantage of his height and weight, not a long player at all.. Anyone his size is gonna get points against anyone in the 14th region where its based soley on 6'0 sized athletes.. A long player can get to the rim quickly and up and down the court a lot quicker as well, as for someone his size, not happening..

Ask Coach Fraley if he thinks Cornett is a threat.
zaga_fan Wrote:Breathitt is dangerous coming off of a loss and playing in front of a home town.
and I don't know that an Al Holland coached team has ever been beaten by the same team 4 times in a year.

IMO..KCC will roll through the 14th easy..KC will beat down PC!
zaga_fan Wrote:Ask Coach Fraley if he thinks Cornett is a threat.

K, Will text him now. :yawn:
zaga_fan Wrote:Breathitt is dangerous coming off of a loss and playing in front of a home town.

Ok, maybe they won't roll.. and roll means 10+ ?? 15+ ?? A win is a win, knott won their district, perry did not. I don't see Perry rolling unless its back to John C. Combs arena to get ready for next season.
Overrated Wrote:K, Will text him now. :yawn:

lmao..
Overrated Wrote:Ok??? I never said they could handle him? I just said he's the only player KCC can't match up with on PCC....

Corey Martin is a mismatch.
Big guy, handles the ball, posts up, deadly from 3....
He's really came alive lately.
Ballers Wrote:Ok, maybe they won't roll.. and roll means 10+ ?? 15+ ?? A win is a win, knott won their district, perry did not. I don't see Perry rolling unless its back to John C. Combs arena to get ready for next season.

Just because knott lost their district last year and got sent home early in region don't mean Perry will this year.
zaga_fan Wrote:Corey Martin is a mismatch.

I guess Perry has someone who can guard Stamper, Right?
zaga_fan Wrote:Corey Martin is a mismatch.

Put one of the "long" players on Martin to shut him down,
of course he will have a few points..
But if they bite down on D he won't have many at all.

Perry's best bet is to get Cornett in the lane to clog it up, and that is their only hope.
Overrated Wrote:I guess Perry has someone who can guard Stamper, Right?

Chris Noble can guard anybody.
He shut down Cox last year when he was your golden boy.
zaga_fan Wrote:Just because knott lost their district last year and got sent home early in region don't mean Perry will this year.

Just because Perry got sent home after making it so far in the region in such a hard fought game to only lose to Hazard in the finals, Doesn't mean KCC will this year.
zaga_fan Wrote:Chris Noble can guard anybody.
He shut down Cox last year when he was your golden boy.

Stamper? naaah
Ballers Wrote:Put one of the "long" players on Martin to shut him down,
of course he will have a few points..
But if they bite down on D he won't have many at all.

Perry's best bet is to get Cornett in the lane to clog it up, and that is their only hope.

It's one of their MANY options lol
Overrated Wrote:Stamper? naaah

Yeah man
I just texted him and asked....
he said that he could guard him
Overrated Wrote:Just because Perry got sent home after making it so far in the region in such a hard fought game to only lose to Hazard in the finals, Doesn't mean KCC will this year.

Yeah.
Because it's impossible for KCC to play Hazard in the finals.
They would meet in the semi's
zaga_fan Wrote:It's one of their MANY options lol

Many? we won't go that far. Let me tell you some of KCC options.

Cox, Slone, Stamper, Bartrum, also Roberts putting up great numbers.
PCC don't have the size to guard them all!

These guys alone put up 10 a game at the least. PCC has no answers either.
The thing about basketball is someone has to score, PCC only has 2-3 people who can score for them. You take Cornett out of the factor by putting a body on him, that makes 2 with Noble and Martin. Take Noble's 3 away that makes one.. And believe me, everyone in the region is aware of Noble's 3 point threat.
zaga_fan Wrote:Yeah man
I just texted him and asked....
he said that he could guard him

Dang, Gonna be hard to guard Cox and Stamper both. Who the **** is Chris Mullins anyway :eyeroll:
Ballers Wrote:Many? we won't go that far. Let me tell you some of KCC options.

Cox, Slone, Stamper, Bartrum, also Roberts putting up great numbers.
PCC don't have the size to guard them all!

These guys alone put up 10 a game at the least. PCC has no answers either.
The thing about basketball is someone has to score, PCC only has 2-3 people who can score for them. You take Cornett out of the factor by putting a body on him, that makes 2 with Noble and Martin. Take Noble's 3 away that makes one.. And believe me, everyone in the region is aware of Noble's 3 point threat.

That sounds good in theory.
But there's no way you are going to play PCC and have 5 people in double figures.
Overrated Wrote:Dang, Gonna be hard to guard Cox and Stamper both. Who the **** is Chris Mullins anyway :eyeroll:

Chris Mullin played in the NBA, maybe your referring to Tyler Mullins who plays for PCC?
Ballers Wrote:Chris Mullin played in the NBA, maybe your referring to Tyler Mullins who plays for PCC?

Some Chris kid that can guard Cox and Stamper both..I'll have to watch him, Sounds pretty awesome.
Stamper is a tough player but Noble can guard ANYONE!
Overrated Wrote:Dang, Gonna be hard to guard Cox and Stamper both. Who the **** is Chris Mullins anyway :eyeroll:

Chris Mullins?!?!
lol