Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obamacare at Work
Matman Wrote:Well this is where we differ. I think we drastically need an overhaul of our HC system. However I do not believe it is purely due to the uninsured. It comes down to the bloated salaries of Insurance companies, overpaid doctors, pill mills, law suits, and a lack of self responsibility. Our nation is full of over weight and obese individuals. We are a nation of high risk citizens. We eat fast food, drink gallons of soda, and sit on our butts all day. Then we wonder why we pay so much for health care. Its because we don't care about our health. I know hospitals charge what insurance will pay. It can be different from patient to patient depending on their insurance. They do this because you have people deciding what is needed and what is not needed that do not have a clue about treatment. Before I got an MRI on my back they dad to do an Xray. They even said the xray will not show anything that I needed an MRI. But they had to do it because the insurance company required it. That is just crazy.
+1:Thumbs:
Beetle01 Wrote:You are not seeing the full impact of Obamacare, and wont for a couple years, as I have said for the 3rd time, as you refuse to address, it will eventually bring costs down. This is so multifaceted, I really dont want to take the time to try and explain it to you because it is obvious because of your hate for Obama you will refuse to look at anything and see it as the positive it will be. I didnt vote for Obama, and I wont in 2012, but there are some very good things in this bill that will truly benefit all Americans including yourself. So its not like Im some big liberal who is taking up for Obama, I am conservative/moderate.

I know myself, if the hospital is having to eat less expenses, and more people have health insurance, meaning they will get HC before it becomes some drastic problem thus creating even more of an expense, the cost of HC will go down. As much as you refuse to even accept that fact or acknowledge it, it is pure fact. As it is now, people have minor problems but no insurance, so instead of treating it early for a cheap cost, it builds up until it becomes a catastrophic health issue, and then they goto the hospital or w/e and have to have major things dones which cost in the tens of thousands or hundreds of thousands, and the hospital is forced to eat those costs. Well, guess who really gets to pay those costs? The insured!

Insurance companies are not going to go bankrupt, they are some of the most profitable business' in the world. Just because more people are insured doesnt mean they wont make the same percentage of profit, their payout/received ratio will stay the same. And as the cost of HC is driven down, they will begin offering better and better rates/coverage to compete for all the new people who are getting coverage.

IDK what Obama's first 2 budgets have to do with anything involved in this aspect of the HC bill. When actually the President doesnt make the budgets, congress does.

As for the corporations, this bill isnt causing all that influx, if you look in your little link there it says over the last 9 years, they were going up under our last President also. But as stated over time those costs will go down, and the coverage received will be better. I hate most of Obama's policies, but I work the HC field, and this type of thing was needed. Now I cant vouch for every piece of the bill, but the main parts are going to make a huge difference in a lot of peoples lives, and make HC a lot better for everyone.
100% agree.:rockon:
phs1986 Wrote:A girl I work with told me today that as of January 1st, she will not be drawing any money at all on her check due to the amount she has to pay for her health insurance! She does what is called "parent plus" thru Humana and her entire payday will be going towards HER PART of paying for her insurance!!! Oh, and just so ya know, she works in the education field! No raises on the payday but sure are rate hikes flying out everywhere else!!! Insurance, electric bills, water bills, auto insurance... A working person doesn't have a chance!
Your friend is a liar. I have many family members that work in the education field ,and have family plans, and they get a good check, plus insurance paid. They are teachers in Magoffin and Johnson.
I don't know what has happened on my part. but my insurance costs have gone down 300.00 for a 3 month period. I used to pay 1500.00 for 3 months, now I pay 900.00 for 3 months. I went from 70% paid to 80% paid, with the same deductible per year.
TheRealVille Wrote:I don't know what has happened on my part. but my insurance costs have gone down 300.00 for a 3 month period. I used to pay 1500.00 for 3 months, now I pay 900.00 for 3 months. I went from 70% paid to 80% paid, with the same deductible per year.
You are in a labor union, are you not? Under the Obamacare system, the rules may not apply to you.
^ Hoot, you are correct, no impact to those in planned coverage!
TheRealVille Wrote:Your friend is a liar. I have many family members that work in the education field ,and have family plans, and they get a good check, plus insurance paid. They are teachers in Magoffin and Johnson.
The friend is not necessarily a liar. If they are a teacher aide, school cook, bus driver, etc., it is very possible that most or all of their paycheck goes toward their healthcare plan. I have heard such horror stories even before Obamacare became the law of the land. The day will come when those who count on big labor and the federal government to provide them with heavily subsidized benefits will be forced to deal with the real cost of big government's reckless behavior.

The projected budget deficit for 2011 is $1.5 trillion and it will get worse if Obama continues to get his way.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:The friend is not necessarily a liar. If they are a teacher aide, school cook, bus driver, etc., it is very possible that most or all of their paycheck goes toward their healthcare plan. I have heard such horror stories even before Obamacare became the law of the land. The day will come when those who count on big labor and the federal government to provide them with heavily subsidized benefits will be forced to deal with the real cost of big government's reckless behavior.

The projected budget deficit for 2011 is $1.5 trillion and it will get worse if Obama continues to get his way.
Yea, liar was a strong word. If the friend isn't a teacher, it probably could cost most of the friends check to pay for healthcare. Insurance isn't cheap for anybody, and a lowpaying job might not be enough to pay for it. Insurance wasn't cheap, even before Obama. I think the insurance companies have ripped us off for years, as well as the medical people.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:You are in a labor union, are you not? Under the Obamacare system, the rules may not apply to you.
We are self insured. Meaning, the members of my local put monies into our healthcare fund and our medical needs are paid from that fund. We have some kind of system set up with Anthem to use their card, but all money paid out comes from our locals own personal healthcare fund. The medical field isn't helping things. Kings daughters sent me a bill for some procedure that was done there because my wife gave the wrong insurance info. The bill was around 3500.00. When I contacted KD with the right insurance info, they sent my insurance the bill. It magically went up to 4700.00.
TheRealVille Wrote:We are self insured. Meaning, the members of my local put monies into our healthcare fund and our medical needs are paid from that fund. We have some kind of system set up with Anthem to use their card, but all money paid out comes from our locals own personal healthcare fund. The medical field isn't helping things. Kings daughters sent me a bill for some procedure that was done there because my wife gave the wrong insurance info. The bill was around 3500.00. When I contacted KD with the right insurance info, they sent my insurance the bill. It magically went up to 4700.00.
So, does your union have one of the 700+ exemptions that the Obama administration has already granted?
TheRealVille Wrote:We are self insured. Meaning, the members of my local put monies into our healthcare fund and our medical needs are paid from that fund. We have some kind of system set up with Anthem to use their card, but all money paid out comes from our locals own personal healthcare fund. The medical field isn't helping things. Kings daughters sent me a bill for some procedure that was done there because my wife gave the wrong insurance info. The bill was around 3500.00. When I contacted KD with the right insurance info, they sent my insurance the bill. It magically went up to 4700.00.

So either way you look at it, it's coming out of your pocket. Correct?
Bob Seger Wrote:So either way you look at it, it's coming out of your pocket. Correct?
I never did say otherwise.