Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elisha Justice Update...
In a 96-54 exhibition win tonight against Kentucky Wesleyan Elisha played 19 minutes, putting up 8 points, 6 assists, 4 rebounds, 2 steals, and 2 turnovers. He was 2-3 from three and 3-5 from the field. Louisville's next game is on Tuesday against Butler in Louisville.

As part of Pitino's opening statement after the game he said, "I thought Bullet (Elisha Justice) played a terrific game and did a lot of good things as well. I'm really glad we have him because we are going to need him this year."
^Awesome
I've never really cheered for Louisville but I'll actually cheer for them while Justice is there. I hope he does well on this upcoming season as a true freshman.
I don't like lou, but i hope he does good.
Great kid will do well at Louisville.
Will the game with Butler be on TV.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
^^

espn 8:05
MVP2 Wrote:^^

espn 8:05

is that game tonight
NYY10 Wrote:is that game tonight

never mind, it's tomorrow
Way to go EJ! Keep working kid!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
:Thumbs:
ballcrazy Wrote:Great kid will do well at Louisville.
It is so surreal to see Elisha playing on ESPN against the national runner up from last year. It's amazing to think that a kid from Dorton is actually doing this. Hearing such good things said about him by famous commentators is funny because they're saying the same things we've said and heard about him for years.

He had 12 points, 6 rebounds, 2 assists, and 1 turnover tonight.
he played great tonight
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:It is so surreal to see Elisha playing on ESPN against the national runner up from last year. It's amazing to think that a kid from Dorton is actually doing this. Hearing such good things said about him by famous commentators is funny because they're saying the same things we've said and heard about him for years.

He had 12 points, 6 rebounds, 2 assists, and 1 turnover tonight.

Yes it is! We are the lucky ones though. We got to watch him grow up playing. The famous people are just now getting a taste of what we have watched for years!

Watched the game tonight and EJ did great! Keep it up kid!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Elisha quickly became my favorite player to watch in the state during the course of his high school career. And for me and my buddies who have watched him beat up Pburg, win SVs first All 'A' Classic championship, and win SVs first Sweet 16 championship was a pleasure of ours.

We knew he could do it and knew he deserved a lot more respect than what he received before his senior season.

Congrats Elisha... you deserve it!
0% Louisville Cardinal Fan
0% Pitino character fan
100% fan of Pitino's coaching
110% fan of Elisha Justice!!!!

So refreshing to see an eastern KY athlete go, stay, play succeed.....I hope the basketball goes great and the grades when the semester is over are even better! As a die-hard UK fan I CHALLENGE Elisha to make me a U of L fan before his career is over!! Go Justice!!!
Im a die hard UK fan, have been since I can remember. Im also a very close friend to Elisha and his family. Elisha is slowly converting me over to the Cards, I mean I was actually excited to watch the Cards play and cheered for them last night. I know I know, and now here comes the loss of respect on the boards. oh well
I watched the game from start to finish and Elisha did very well, against the national runner up , and pre season #18 team in the country he dropped 12 points and 6 rebounds. He also could have had led the team in scoring if he would have hit more FT's.

Great job from the kid that **** Vitale mentioned "loving his style of play" and saying "I really like this Justice kid". I will watch a lot of Card games just to see how he does.
RB#2 Wrote:Im a die hard UK fan, have been since I can remember. Im also a very close friend to Elisha and his family. Elisha is slowly converting me over to the Cards, I mean I was actually excited to watch the Cards play and cheered for them last night. I know I know, and now here comes the loss of respect on the boards. oh well

Big UK fan here too. No lost of respect here. You are supporting a local kid and proud that he is doing well. Just like I am supporting Preston Knowles and very proud of what he has done for the Cards.
The official line for Elisha was 21 minutes, 12 points, 6 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 turnover. He was 1-3 from the field, 1-2 from three, and 9-14 from the line.

Pitino had this to say after the game, "Bullet (Elisha Justice) is a heck of a player. For him to come in and open a game like this. The thing that impressed me the most, he is a great foul shooter, but I think he was tired. But the fact that he wanted the ball so much in key situations as a freshman, coming from the hills of Kentucky, I just admire him. It is amazing that he didn't want anyone else to handle the basketball except him. And that speaks volumes of his guts and his heart. So we got a big lift out of him."
I think the Elisha bashers can shut up now. This kid is a freakin player. He is a TRUE point guard, and is absolutely PERFECT for a Pitino offense. He's gonna have a fantastic career at Louisville. I called a couple of my friends in Tennessee and told them this kid on ESPN lived 15 minutes from me, lol..but he reminds me of a young Anthony Epps by the way he plays, his control, and his court vision. Way to go, Elisha! Keep it up! And, since Im not a UK basketball fan, and I dont wear the blue covered sunglasses, I'll be the first one to tell you, that, yes UK fans, you have something to worry about with Louisville. That team is good.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
He got more playing time than Louisville's starting pg... It was amazing to see someone from the mountains getting that many minutes, and also playing very well in their first ever game.
The King Wrote:The official line for Elisha was 21 minutes, 12 points, 6 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 turnover. He was 1-3 from the field, 1-2 from three, and 9-14 from the line.

Pitino had this to say after the game, "Bullet (Elisha Justice) is a heck of a player. For him to come in and open a game like this. The thing that impressed me the most, he is a great foul shooter, but I think he was tired. But the fact that he wanted the ball so much in key situations as a freshman, coming from the hills of Kentucky, I just admire him. It is amazing that he didn't want anyone else to handle the basketball except him. And that speaks volumes of his guts and his heart. So we got a big lift out of him."

:Thumbs:
The thing about it is, Elisha appears to be an overall better player than Peyton Siva. Siva is absolutely horrible. All I heard from UofLOL fans was that Siva was better than John Wall, Eric Bledsoe, and Brandon Knight, but the truth is, he's not even better than a 5'11 white kid from Eastern KY. Hopefully this shuts up the Louisville fans about Peyton.

However, I am glad to see Elisha doing well, and consider me one that thought he was in over his head at Louisville. BUT, I'm going to wait to hold my full judgment on him until he has played against someone besides an overrated Butler team that last years Shelby Valley team could have beaten by 10.
He looked great last night.
Congrats bro!
The coolest thing, IMO, was him being mentioned on Sportscenter. Lol it's sportscenter!!
I have seen it said already but like many others, I am a huge UK fan but I love to pull for our local kids as I was when we played Pikeville. I watched some of the game last night and loved seeing this mountain boy playing the way we knew he could in this area. Congrats and good luck to Justice this season.
The King Wrote:The official line for Elisha was 21 minutes, 12 points, 6 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 turnover. He was 1-3 from the field, 1-2 from three, and 9-14 from the line.

He has a very bright future at the UofL!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Justice played very very good last night. He looked better at the PG spot then Siva to me too. I expect him to be starting before it's all said and done. Maybe not this year but soon....I'd like to see him attack the basket to score a little bit more. He has the ability to do it. other then that he's been a great signee. Wish Ricky P. would take some more chances on KY kids....
devilschild Wrote:Justice played very very good last night. He looked better at the PG spot then Siva to me too. I expect him to be starting before it's all said and done. Maybe not this year but soon....I'd like to see him attack the basket to score a little bit more. He has the ability to do it..

One thing Elisha has always done is constantly improve areas of his game. There was a time he was basically a ballhandler only. Every year he improved or added things to his game to make himself a better player. He improved his outside shot, added a terrific crossover-to-mid range jumper, and added strength allowed him to take contact and still finish around the basket. Watching him play at Louisville is similar to watching him early in his career at SV. He probably won't put up alot of points this year, but he can still make a big difference in a game with his other abilities.

It was so strange the other night against Butler to watch Elisha at the end of the game dribbling around to run down the clock. It reminded me so much of watching him at Dorton as a little 4th grader dribbling out the clock as the game would wind down. It amazes me to think that the same little kid I watched back then was playing on ESPN at a major D1 school against the previous year's national runner-up and he was a big part of why Louisville won. He may never put up big numbers at Louisville or become a starter, but he has made the little community of Dorton and I'm sure many others from the mountains proud already...