Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Republican Gingrich out of Virginia primary election
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Obama has few defenders in this forum and you are one of the few foolish enough to continue defending the indefensible. You don't have to post an official endorsement to support a candidate.
Care to show where I defend him. Lack of criticism does not constitute support. Keep your lies up, you are only showing the rest of BGR your true colors. I'm not an atheist, or an Obama supporter, two lies you have told in just the last few posts.
TheRealVille Wrote:I said I wasn't an atheist, drop the lies. I don't like some in christianity, so what? The biggest part of christians that I have met, live very far away from the bible. That doesn't make me an atheist.
No, ridiculing people of faith and claiming that their beliefs in God and the Bible are based on fairy tales makes you an atheist. If you have morphed into an agnostic, then congratulations, but nothing in your past posts has reflected much doubt in a vision of a Godless universe.
TheRealVille Wrote:Care to show where I defend him. Lack of criticism does not constitute support. Keep your lies up, you are only showing the rest of BGR your true colors. I'm not an atheist, or an Obama supporter, two lies you have told in just the last few posts.
Are you drinking heavily tonight, RV? Do you honestly expect people who have debated politics with you or read your posts to believe that you have not consistently supported Obama and his policies? Really? If so, then you need the kind of help that only a professional can provide.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:No, ridiculing people of faith and claiming that their beliefs in God and the Bible are based on fairy tales makes you an atheist. If you have morphed into an agnostic, then congratulations, but nothing in your past posts has reflected much doubt in a vision of a Godless universe.
No, that doesn't make me an atheist. Not all people believe that the bible is true, or that the god in it, is God. That doesn't constitute atheism, or being an agnostic. I never have said anything about, or even insinuated, a godless universe. You really are ignorant, aren't you?
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Are you drinking heavily tonight, RV? Do you honestly expect people who have debated politics with you or read your posts to believe that you have not consistently supported Obama and his policies? Really? If so, then you need the kind of help that only a professional can provide.
Not drinking a drop. Post where I have supported Obama, or shut the hell up about it.
TheRealVille Wrote:No, that doesn't make me an atheist. Not all people believe that the bible is true, or that the god in it, is God. That doesn't constitute atheism, or being an agnostic. I never have said anything about, or even insinuated, a godless universe. You really are ignorant, aren't you?
The problem with being a liar is keeping your stories straight. Maybe you can explain who the "him" is that you claim in the post below does not exist:

TheRealVille Wrote:
TheRealThing Wrote:RV just because my dog humps everything from work boots to footballs doesn't make him gay. But, just address one thing for me if you would. Are you really categorically saying that you can't see or understand the insoluable link between morality and the Almighty? But, just by way of conversation how or why would one leave the Author and Finisher out of a question of moral implication? As I have said, without an absolute standard, in this case God's law, the best that we could ever hope for is endless debate. I know you have to be able to see that. It is the exact reason America has so much trouble legislating any point these days at the local, state or federal level. There is no line one cannot cross. or at minimum one that cannot be equivocated, with mitigation. Without some absolutes the sanity which once (rather recently) was the fabric of America is gone forever.
I leave "him" out of the discussion because there is no him. Believe in your fairy tale all you want, that's your right. I agree with that right also, btw.

If you are no longer an atheist or an agnostic, then good for you. If you misstated your religious beliefs in the exchange with TheRealThing, then this would be a good time for you to set the record straight.
You have successfully derailed yet another thread with lies and personal attacks. Hopefully one of the mods will do a clean up of your mess.
TheRealVille Wrote:Not drinking a drop. Post where I have supported Obama, or shut the hell up about it.
I don't need to link any posts. It would be like proving that the sun rises everyday. I could do it but proving what is a generally accepted fact is a waste of good time.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:The problem with being a liar is keeping your stories straight. Maybe you can explain who the "him" is that you claim in the post below does not exist:

If you are no longer an atheist or an agnostic, then good for you. If you misstated your religious beliefs in the exchange with TheRealThing, then this would be a good time for you to set the record straight.
Yet more personal attacks. Par for your course.

The "him" I was referring to was the god that TRT was talking about, the god of the bible. He was talking about god's laws in the bible, which mean nothing to me.
TheRealVille Wrote:You have successfully derailed yet another thread with lies and personal attacks. Hopefully one of the mods will do a clean up of your mess.
Yes, please report that I called you an Obama supporter. I am sure that the moderators will be shocked, absolutely shocked, that I would have made such a statement. :Clap:
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I don't need to link any posts. It would be like proving that the sun rises everyday. I could do it but proving what is a generally accepted fact is a waste of good time.
Just what I thought.
Are you still insisting on derailing the thread?
TheRealVille Wrote:Are you still insisting on derailing the thread?
You derailed the thread when you began the personal attacks and began calling me a liar. Any criticism of Barack Obama seems to set you off on a tangent of irrational, rambling posts filled with hate.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:You derailed the thread when you began the personal attacks and began calling me a liar. Any criticism of Barack Obama seems to set you off on a tangent of irrational, rambling posts filled with hate.
What the hell is your brain damage? Go back to around post #73 and you will see where you started derailing it.

I told you that if you say I defend Obama, you are telling lies. Which is true.

Are you a teenager Hoot? You sure are acting like one.
I will say this, you two are entertaining.
TheRealVille Wrote:Yet more personal attacks. Par for your course.

The "him" I was referring to was the god that TRT was talking about, the god of the bible. He was talking about god's laws in the bible, which mean nothing to me.
An honest question for you. If you do not believe in the "God of the Bible" and don't think He exists, just what god do you somewhat believe in? If you cannot be specific, you must be an atheist or agnostic, right?

Or are you saying that there is a God, and the Bible is not of him?

Do you believe in intelligent design? If yes, try and be specific.

I'm not being judgmental here, nor am I trying to attack you. I would just like to understand what your spiritual beliefs are...Nothing more.

I must admit that after reading your posts related to God, I had also determined that you were either an atheist or agnostic. And that's your business.
SKINNYPIG Wrote:An honest question for you. If you do not believe in the "God of the Bible" and don't think He exists, just what god do you somewhat believe in? If you cannot be specific, you must be an atheist or agnostic, right?

Or are you saying that there is a God, and the Bible is not of him?

Do you believe in intelligent design? If yes, try and be specific.

I'm not being judgmental here, nor am I trying to attack you. I would just like to understand what your spiritual beliefs are...Nothing more.

I must admit that after reading your posts related to God, I had also determined that you were either an atheist or agnostic. And that's your business.
Absolutely not, you don't have to believe in the biblical god, or else be an atheist. It's not an either/or. I take more of a deist type of thinking. I mostly believe in a supreme being that probably started it all, but I don't think he deals with humans on a personal level. You see, Hoot calls me an atheist because I don't believe in the god of the bible, but that does not make an atheist. There are millions of people that don't believe in the biblical god, and they are not atheist. That just shows his ignorance.
TheRealVille Wrote:Absolutely not, you don't have to believe in the biblical god, or else be an atheist. It's not an either/or. I take more of a deist type of thinking. I mostly believe in a supreme being that probably started it all, but I don't think he deals with humans on a personal level. You see, Hoot calls me an atheist because I don't believe in the god of the bible, but that does not make an atheist. There are millions of people that don't believe in the biblical god, and they are not atheist. That just shows his ignorance.
So you're a deist. Thanks for answering. That's your porragative.

Keep in mind that the God in which Hoot and I believe in teaches us (with His Word) that He is the Alpha, the Omega, the One and Only God. With that said, it is easy for us to think one may be an atheist if they discredit Him or think He does not exist.

I'm trying my best to not be offensive or what you may consider as an overbearing Christian...But from where I stand, if you believe in or worship a Supreme creator other than the God that sent His Son Jesus to die on the Cross for us, then there isn't much difference in a deist or atheist.

I believe there is one God, not a god for every whim. You have every right to believe otherwise.
SKINNYPIG Wrote:So you're a deist. Thanks for answering. That's your porragative.

Keep in mind that the God in which Hoot and I believe in teaches us (with His Word) that He is the Alpha, the Omega, the One and Only God. With that said, it is easy for us to think one may be an atheist if they discredit Him or think He does not exist.

I'm trying my best to not be offensive or what you may consider as an overbearing Christian...But from where I stand, if you believe in or worship a Supreme creator other than the God that sent His Son Jesus to die on the Cross for us, then there isn't much difference in a deist or atheist.

I believe there is one God, not a god for every whim. You have every right to believe otherwise.
That is your view, and I respect that, as long as you respect my view. My view says that I believe in God, just not your God. It,s all about respect, and I can respect your view. Hoot is just a condescending asshole, looking for any reason to downgrade anybody that doesn't hold his political views. I don't think that about you.
TheRealVille Wrote:That is your view, and I respect that, as long as you respect my view. My view says that I believe in God, just not your God. It,s all about respect, and I can respect your view. Hoot is just a condescending asshole, looking for any reason to downgrade anybody that doesn't hold his political views. I don't think that about you.
I have to disagree with your assessment of Hoot. I don't see him as you described at all.
SKINNYPIG Wrote:I have to disagree with your assessment of Hoot. I don't see him as you described at all.
I guess you haven't read his posts to me. Disagree with him, and you will see.
SKINNYPIG Wrote:I have to disagree with your assessment of Hoot. I don't see him as you described at all.
He brought up atheism and god, when the thread didn't have a thing to do with either, just to be an asshole, and to get under my skin. You know this is true.
TheRealVille Wrote:That is your view, and I respect that, as long as you respect my view. My view says that I believe in God, just not your God. It,s all about respect, and I can respect your view. Hoot is just a condescending asshole, looking for any reason to downgrade anybody that doesn't hold his political views. I don't think that about you.
This is the kind of post that makes it impossible for you to get any respect in this forum, RV. You consistently show no class and you seem incapable of debating any length of time (or in any depth) without getting very angry.

You tirelessly defend Barack Obama against the slightest criticism and then angrily deny that you are an Obama supporter, as if your hundreds of prior political posts do not exist for all to see. You calling me a liar for taking your own words more seriously than you do is a sad sight. Pitiful indeed.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:This is the kind of post that makes it impossible for you to get any respect in this forum, RV. You consistently show no class and you seem incapable of debating any length of time (or in any depth) without getting very angry.

You tirelessly defend Barack Obama against the slightest criticism and then angrily deny that you are an Obama supporter, as if your hundreds of prior political posts do not exist for all to see. You calling me a liar for taking your own words more seriously than you do is a sad sight. Pitiful indeed.
You are a liar, and everybody can see it. **** you Hoot. Look me up when you get back to Paintsville.
^ well, this seems to have broken down.

For the record, I don't the Realville is an Obama supporter at all. I think he argues similarly as I and finds ways to take the other POV. I know he was not a Bush supporter, but I forgive him for that lapse... Wink
TheRealVille Wrote:You are a liar, and everybody can see it. **** you Hoot. Look me up when you get back to Paintsville.
Back to making threats, RV? Have you sweetened the pot in your offer to buy this website, or are you just hoping that the admins will kick both of us off so that you can use a clone account? You have too much time on your hands and too much unused space between your ears. Do us all a favor and get a job or take up another hobby.:truestory:
Stardust Wrote:^ well, this seems to have broken down.

For the record, I don't the Realville is an Obama supporter at all. I think he argues similarly as I and finds ways to take the other POV. I know he was not a Bush supporter, but I forgive him for that lapse... Wink
When you consistently take the same position (in this case, more than 4 years), it is no longer "the other" POV, it is your POV. You also don't take personal offense to people for simply expressing the opposite POV. Saying RV is not an Obama supporter is like saying that there are no Kobe supporters in the NBA thread or that you are not a wrestling fan.

Thugs like RV will spoil a website for decent folks if you let them. I no longer have the time (my vacation is over) or the desire to continue participating in this sideshow with RV.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:When you consistently take the same position (in this case, more than 4 years), it is no longer "the other" POV, it is your POV. You also don't take personal offense to people for simply expressing the opposite POV. Saying RV is not an Obama supporter is like saying that there are no Kobe supporters in the NBA thread or that you are not a wrestling fan.

Thugs like RV will spoil a website for decent folks if you let them. I no longer have the time (my vacation is over) or the desire to continue participating in this sideshow with RV.
Like I said, I am not an Obama supporter, and you can't find a post where I do. Show them, or shut up about it. I don't slam him at every turn, but there are no posts showing that I support him. There is a big difference in supporting and criticizing someone. As you can see with Skinny pig, I can converse amicably with anybody if they don't act like you. I don't like you, never have, and you stalk me around this forum saying shit to me at every turn.
Stardust Wrote:^ well, this seems to have broken down.

I can have civil talks with anybody that I disagree with, except people like Hoot, that at every turn call people "ignorant or idiot" for having a view different than his. He stalks me all over BGR, talking his BS, in just about every thread I post in. Without fail, he will bring up the religion(calling me atheist) stuff, or the BGR buying stuff, when he runs a thread into the ground and can get no more out of it. There are a few on here that know me personally, and know that I will bend over backwards for people I like. Hoot is not one of those people I like. I get tired of his relentless following me around in threads I post in, starting his BS.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:When you consistently take the same position (in this case, more than 4 years), it is no longer "the other" POV, it is your POV. You also don't take personal offense to people for simply expressing the opposite POV. Saying RV is not an Obama supporter is like saying that there are no Kobe supporters in the NBA thread or that you are not a wrestling fan.

I never take offense at people for having the opposite view as me. I take offense at people like you, that downgrade people for taking that opposite view.