Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hazard @ Pikeville (Class A Region IV Championship) Thoughts & Predictions
TigerBlues Wrote:JetPilot runs the VIP shed, there is only Falls City no food plus some pretzels and peanuts from previous flights TongueirateSho

Confusednicker:
What's the weather suppose to be like Friday?
Got to get your starters enough snaps to keep them sharp.
bac2369 Wrote:What's the weather suppose to be like Friday?

Cold! No rain though.
That's real good. I would to be in attendance.
TigerBlues Wrote:JetPilot runs the VIP shed, there is only Falls City no food plus some pretzels and peanuts from previous flights TongueirateSho

He needs to upgrade to PBR.
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:Does Hazard have any hope to contain Pugh this go around?

Daric Pugh's just one player on this team that any opponent would have to contain. Actually more effective weapons as the season progressed. TongueirateSho

Iron City, Schlitz and Strohs, in honor of Paintsville's last good team. Maybe even a double case of Miller Ponies.:biggrin:
Big Five-0- Wrote:Daric Pugh's just one player on this team that any opponent would have to contain. Actually more effective weapons as the season progressed. TongueirateSho
Agreed. The coaches have done a good job opening up the offense to make it more diverse and harder to game plan for. We can't forget to point out the D as well. They've been impressive all season long, really. They've held up well, and if you look at the Williamsburg tape, totally dominated the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. Maintained lane integrity well, and gang tackling and blocking downfield exceptionally well.
I know we're supposed to take it one game at a time but it's hard to to look one round ahead with some eagerness! Hopefully Pikeville doesn't have any problems and rolls through Friday nights game with a "W" and Paintsville ends up handling Paris like I expect them to! If either team, Paintsville or Pikeville makes it to the finals and takes state I think it would be better to go through each other! That way which ever team makes it to BG knows they beat the best team to get there! Pikeville deserves to play Paintsville and Paintsville deserves to play Pikeville to square off against what looks to be most likely Beechwood in the State Championship! IMO!
bac2369 Wrote:Hazard held Pugh pretty fair the last game it was everyone else that wasn't held in check.

Other than the 4 TD's he scored they did a pretty good job.

Battaile, Wyatt
5 132 1
Charles, Blake
3 15 0
Dials, Cody
4 12 0
Jarrell, Chatlin
1 19 0
Pugh, Daric
15 107 4
Ray, Jonathan
2 0 0
Slone, Clay
1 35 1
Vanderbeck, Anthony
5 69 0
jetpilot Wrote:Other than the 4 TD's he scored they did a pretty good job.

Battaile, Wyatt
5 132 1
Charles, Blake
3 15 0
Dials, Cody
4 12 0
Jarrell, Chatlin
1 19 0
Pugh, Daric
15 107 4
Ray, Jonathan
2 0 0
Slone, Clay
1 35 1
Vanderbeck, Anthony
5 69 0

Pugh had 59 on 1 run. 3 TDs were in short yardage situations. The QB played a perfect game and he managed the game well..
bac2369 Wrote:Pugh had 59 on 1 run. 3 TDs were in short yardage situations. The QB played a perfect game and he managed the game well..

You know and I know Hazard isn't going to slow down Pikeville's offense.
jetpilot Wrote:Iron City, Schlitz and Strohs, in honor of Paintsville's last good team. Maybe even a double case of Miller Ponies.:biggrin:

I like Schlitz pretty good Smile
bac2369 Wrote:What's the weather suppose to be like Friday?

Partly cloudy with a 50% chance of running clock.:devilflam
bac2369 Wrote:Pugh had 59 on 1 run. 3 TDs were in short yardage situations. The QB played a perfect game and he managed the game well..
And imagine, that was only his THIRD start at QB. Just imagine how much more effective he is now. NOT a knock on the player he replaced at QB at all (he's pretty darn good himself, look at the next to last night play where he trucks the DB against Hazard).
I always keep plenty Champaign of Beers ice cold at Big Melon's!!
:truestory:
BigMelon63 Wrote:I always keep plenty Champaign of Beers ice cold at Big Melon's!!
:truestory:
I will be down there in 2 weeks to drink with you gargantuan melons!!!!!
jetpilot Wrote:I will be down there in 2 weeks to drink with you gargantuan melons!!!!!

Confusednicker:
Check your stats !! Jarrell had a break out game!!! Scoring two td,s and having probably his best game as a panther to date!!
jetpilot Wrote:Iron City, Schlitz and Strohs, in honor of Paintsville's last good team. Maybe even a double case of Miller Ponies.:biggrin:

:hilarious:
jetpilot Wrote:You know and I know Hazard isn't going to slow down Pikeville's offense.

They must bend but not break. I just hope to see them get some stops on 3rd down. I hope to see Hazard force some turnovers.
PHSForever Wrote:And imagine, that was only his THIRD start at QB. Just imagine how much more effective he is now. NOT a knock on the player he replaced at QB at all (he's pretty darn good himself, look at the next to last night play where he trucks the DB against Hazard).

He's fast as well and very accurate.
Hazard had 1 or 2 kids sit out in the first game and had 2 not 100% playing. So hopefully that may help this time around. I mean they still want be 100% but better than they were then.
bac2369 Wrote:Hazard had 1 or 2 kids sit out in the first game and had 2 not 100% playing. So hopefully that may help this time around. I mean they still want be 100% but better than they were then.
That was going to be my question to the Hazard fans here. How's the injury situation over there? I know there's a few that are out for the year, but how about all else?
PHSForever Wrote:That was going to be my question to the Hazard fans here. How's the injury situation over there? I know there's a few that are out for the year, but how about all else?

Dan Turner Sr
Braxton Whitaker So
Connor Whitaker Jr
Bennett Quillen Jr
Austin Verne Sr

All out for the Season

Hazard gets KP Hastings Sr back who didn't play the last game. Hazard also has a kid come in about 6,3 from somewhere who may steal some minutes and could be used in the red zone.

Fletcher and Stupart should be in game shape now.
Pikeville
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
PHSForever Wrote:And imagine, that was only his THIRD start at QB. Just imagine how much more effective he is now. NOT a knock on the player he replaced at QB at all (he's pretty darn good himself, look at the next to last ni ght play where he trucks the DB against Hazard).

Wyatt Battaile continues to impress as a Soph. QB. Just starting at mid season, he's 44 - 56 for 78%, and # 1 in single A for 777yds., and 10 tds......again, just a sophomore.
Next time I go to a Steelers home game I'll grab you some Iron City JP....Play your cards right and I may even bring you Primantti Bros. sandwich too....HAHA!!!
Since the Belfry game he is 34 out of 38 passing for 677 yards, 12 TDs and NO interceptions. What kind of QB rating does that get you lol? Also on the year he has run for 348 yards and 4 TDs on only 22 carries. That's 15.8 yards/carry. He has been just great.